Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Justice League (2017, D: Snyder and Whedon) S: Gal Gadot, et al

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
Old 05-20-20, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jay G.
Zack Snyder's Director's Cut discussion:
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk...exclusive.html
Print Wikipost

Justice League (2017, D: Snyder and Whedon) S: Gal Gadot, et al

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-07, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think this one is gonna be great!
Old 12-06-07, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
adam brody is the flash.
Old 01-11-08, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Those are implants on Gale, right ??
Old 01-12-08, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wearetheborg
Those are implants on Gale, right ??
I think they look real....real nice....
Old 01-16-08, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Warner pulls plug on 'Justice League'
Cast options lapse; spring start scrapped
By DIANE GARRETT, MICHAEL FLEMING, DIANE GARRETT

"Justice League" is no longer moving faster than a speeding bullet.
Warner Bros. let the options lapse on the young cast that director George Miller chose to play DC superhero staples. The studio, which had set Tuesday as its greenlight deadline for the pic, confirmed Wednesday the project is on indefinite hold.

Project now most likely won't get under way until late summer or fall at the earliest.

Cast members were informed late Tuesday their options would not be exercised, but they were also assured the studio is determined to make the film with them in it. But before that can happen, there are several problems to be resolved.

The studio's reasons included not getting the official response it needed on tax breaks from shooting in Australia. And while WB execs like the script they got from Kieran and Michele Mulroney, it would benefit from a little more work, something that isn't possible because of the writers' strike.

Some were surprised the studio didn't exercise cast options anyway. The deals gave WB the flexibility to exercise the deals immediately, or in July, and the actors will be making salaries in the low six-figure range. While Adam Brody, cast as the Flash, has a track record, most of the cast comprises such newcomers as Armie Hammer Jr., who plays Batman, and Megan Gale, who will play Wonder Woman.

The studio risks losing them to other film jobs. But it is likely most if not all the cast will make sure to be available starting late summer and fall, just in case. That's because of the starmaking potential of "Justice League."

Studio had set this week as the deadline to greenlight the superhero tentpole, which it was racing to get into production for 2009 release. That was always considered a dicey proposition, particularly when the writers went on strike, and because the film needs to be completed before the SAG deal expires in June.

With "Justice League" on indefinite hold, the studio has a superhero gap on its 2009 slate; status of the next "Superman" pic is also uncertain.
Old 01-17-08, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,132 Posts
Probably a good thing.
Old 01-17-08, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Absolutely a good thing.
Fixed. A terrible idea from the get-go. Stick with making good films about ONE superhero before trying to make one about lots of 'em.
Old 01-17-08, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by KillerCannabis
Fixed. A terrible idea from the get-go. Stick with making good films about ONE superhero before trying to make one about lots of 'em.

I'm still for a JL movie I'm just hoping the stall will get them bigger and better stars.
Old 01-18-08, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, the movie gods are smiling on DC fans and the franchise dodged a bullet with this one. Here's hoping to hell that they never exercise their option on these teenagers and that they actually do what Marvel is for The Avengers, give everyone a (GOOD) solo movie and then unite them under the JLA banner in an epic that's actually given the time, talent and respect required for such a tentpole event.

-Doc
Old 02-27-08, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Warner Bros. has apparently restarted its plans to bring the DC Comics "Justice League" franchise to the big screen ASAP.

According to Variety, the studio still hopes to have the George Miller-directed "Justice League" film in theaters as a Summer 2009 tentpole even after the project was delayed in the midst of the the now-settled writers strike.

The trade says that Kieran and Michele Mulroney are doing polishes on the script that are expected to be in studio hands in the next few weeks. Miller, meanwhile, is doing pre-production in Australia, which may mean that concerns about tax credits have been smoothed out.

In addition, the cast of unknowns and under-knowns have been told to stay in shape.

While the preliminary and unconfirmed cast includes familiar faces like Adam Brody as The Flash and Common as Green Lantern, audiences are likely to be less familiar with other stars like Megan Gale as Wonder Woman and Arnmie Hammer Jr. as Batman.

The Warner Bros. slate for 2009 currently includes Zack Snyder's "Watchmen" movie in March and Spike Jonze's "Where the Wild Things Are" in October, but the only current summer release is "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins," which was just announced for May 22, 2009.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

awesome but i hope they can pull it off well
Old 07-21-08, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Now that The Dark Knight is released, we have two superior Batman movies - even the two greatest superhero movies in a realm of their own - is anyone else worried that Batman will not be handled or fit in with the Justice League movie?

Eventhough he is a great director, does anyone think that Chris Nolan can handle the direction of a Justice League film - the merging of his reality-based superhero (Batman) with fantastical ones (Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Manhunter)?
Old 07-21-08, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by toddly6666
Now that The Dark Knight is released, we have two superior Batman movies - even the two greatest superhero movies in a realm of their own - is anyone else worried that Batman will not be handled or fit in with the Justice League movie?

Eventhough he is a great director, does anyone think that Chris Nolan can handle the direction of a Justice League film - the merging of his reality-based superhero (Batman) with fantastical ones (Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Manhunter)?
I can't see Nolan's Batman being a part of the JLA and I guarantee that Bale would not do it.

Could Nolan handle it? Probably. Would he? Absolutely not.
Old 07-21-08, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah I thought Bale made that clear somewhere. He seems to want play Batman only if it's in a more realistic world.
Old 08-06-10, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 627 Likes on 483 Posts
Re: Justice League of America movie planned

Originally Posted by GreenScar
Justice League Movie Is a Go

Marvel Studios' Avengers film isn't the only superhero team coming to theater, Warner Bros and DC Entertainment are already planning a Justice League movie; but with a twist

Several weeks ago, Warner Bros announced they are planning on fill the gap left by the culmination of the Harry Potter franchise with DC superhero films. With Green Lantern due out in theaters next summer, along with the third installment of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy and a rebooted Superman film the following year, fans were beginning to wonder how soon it would be before these heroes came together into one ensemble movie. Now we know; but it may not make every fan happy.

A Justice League of America film has been given the green light by Warner Bros. Though the film is still in it's very, very early stages (no script has been officially worked on), actors are quietly being pursued to fill the roles. The big surprise is the team roster: Green Lantern, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter. That's right, folks, no Superman or Batman; at least not yet. The film will introduce the characters Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter to general audiences; since both Green Lantern and The Flash movies would have already been released in theaters. Either Superman or Batman can be eventually written into the script, though at this time the studio is moving forward without their inclusion.

With the role of Green Lantern already taken by actor Ryan Reynolds, four slots are waiting to be filled. Can a JLA film meet the expected standards of fans, and gain general audience approval, without the inclusion of DC Comics' "big two" heroes? Or will they be staples in the film after their next, respective films hit theaters. Fans will have to wait and see.

With only one of the Big Three in the roster, I'm not particularly excited to see this.

Last edited by RocShemp; 08-06-10 at 01:51 AM.
Old 08-06-10, 02:05 AM

I'll take box office duds for $200, Alex.
Old 08-06-10, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 627 Likes on 483 Posts

Fan reaction to the announcement that Batman and Superman will not be in the Justice League movie.
Spoiler:
<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/31g0YE61PLQ&hl=en_US&fs=1?hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/31g0YE61PLQ&hl=en_US&fs=1?hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>
Old 08-06-10, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Originally Posted by RocShemp
With only one of the Big Three in the roster, I'm not particularly excited to see this.
I'm actually perfectly fine without Batman or Superman in the film.

Then again, my favorite JLA was JLI and in it, Batman was just sort of half there/half not.

Give me a good story like that. Hell, the original team line up is without supes or batman. So why the fuck not. It would be like being pissed off in an Avengers movie that didn't have Wolverine or Spidey in it.

Sure, they're Avengers now, but with the JLA, the team was fighting Starro without the help of the boy scout and the caped crusader.
Old 08-06-10, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

How is it that the DC properties are so mishandled while Marvel seems to figured it all out (at least well enough to get at their properties off the ground)?
Old 08-06-10, 08:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
How is it that the DC properties are so mishandled while Marvel seems to figured it all out (at least well enough to get at their properties off the ground)?
Because DC is part of Warner Brothers. The corporate idiots at WB are looking at a way to make money on merchandising and licensing instead of properly doing a film. Apparently they don't learn from their past mistakes and continue shitting on the DC universe fanbase.

To me, doing a JL is easier than an Avengers film, since most kids and audience already know who the characters are and what is their origin. Just take a look at the 90 minute first episode of the Justice League and see how easy is to put all these characters together and make all of them seem important. Batman and Superman certainly need to be there to make this work. By the way, Christian Bale made fucking Terminator Salvation with McG, so it's not like he is very picky when selecting roles. Bring Brandon Routh back as Superman, Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern, hire Peter Jackson's special effects studio to CGI the Martian Manhunter and just cast Flash, Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Do a Brainiac or Cadmus storyline.
Old 08-06-10, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jay Baruchel's quotes on Miller's dead production, from Cinematical;

"I'll just say this, if we had been able to make the movie that we had gone down [to Australia] to rehearse, if you had seen the production art I'd seen ... it would've been the coolest thing ever. It would have been the neatest vision of Batman and the coolest vision of Superman you've ever seen. It would have been dark and fairly brutal and quite gory and just fucking epic."
According to Baruchel, it all came down to a price tag (upwards of $300 million) that would've made Justice League of America "the single most expensive movie in the history of movies." And that's with a cast full of "who's that again?" I'm sorry, but how do you spend $300 million with Artie Hammer playing Batman and D.J. Cotrona (who?) playing Superman?
Old 08-06-10, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

I disagree with the need to have Superman or Batman in it. Again, you could do a perfectly good Starro story from the first film and it'll be that much more enjoyable when Supes, batman or both show up for the sequel.

If they're going to make this into a franchise, then there's no need to blow their wad with tossing everything at you.

The problem is also that they're spreading it out too much. Hell, look at how well they did a JLA in Smallville, even a JSA in that. Take it up a level and clean it up and you got yourself some grade A material. But of course since Smallville doesn't have a shared universe with anything else and it seems like Batman's not going to cross over and Superman is just.. not there either... It's all about being an island to themselves for DC.

You have Flash, GL, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman. You mean to tell me that those folks won't be enough to draw people in?

The worse fear I have with the Avengers movie is that it's going to suffer from too many cooks in the kitchen. You need a really big threat to make it that you require all those big names there to defeat it. Just imagine what sort of uber threat you'd need for the JLA to face if you had both Batman and Superman in the film along with the rest.

That's some Crisis level shit you need to pull out of your hat there. With out Bat/Supes, it's a little more believable, or at least attainable to get a villain that shouldn't have been destroyed in five minutes time.
Old 08-06-10, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
You have Flash, GL, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman. You mean to tell me that those folks won't be enough to draw people in?
It certainly is good enough for me. Although I don't follow Justice League or The Avengers, the DC Universe has appealed to me more than Marvel's lately. And the characters on the roster right now are interesting enough to hold their own on film.
Old 08-06-10, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Awesome, I knew Avengers was going to light a fire again for JLA
Old 08-06-10, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts

i'm in, no matter the cast, but i do think you need to have supes and batman to make this a financial success. easier to sell the movie with primary characters than with secondary ones. looking forward to see how this turns out.
Old 08-06-10, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Again, you could do a perfectly good Starro story from the first film and it'll be that much more enjoyable when Supes, batman or both show up for the sequel.

A whole bunch of superheroes beating up an octopus? It was funny in Robin Williams POPEYE, but I don't think it would work for a superhero film. Starro should not be in any superhero flick.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.