Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Justice League (2017, D: Snyder and Whedon) S: Gal Gadot, et al

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
Old 05-20-20, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jay G.
Zack Snyder's Director's Cut discussion:
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk...exclusive.html
Print Wikipost

Justice League (2017, D: Snyder and Whedon) S: Gal Gadot, et al

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-12, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,132 Posts
Re: Justice League Movie- Release date ?

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Count me as another who loves Speed Racer.

Old 08-28-12, 03:59 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

LOL at all of this revisionist Speed Racer love. It was a gaudy bloated mess, based on one of the most trite kid cartoons ever made.
Old 08-28-12, 05:08 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I also loved Speed Racer, and there's no revisionism for me. You can go back through the old Speed Racer thread where I also say how much I love it.
Old 08-28-12, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Same here, I remember a lot of people were saying they actually enjoyed Speed Racer despite the box office bomb. I really liked it as well.
Old 08-28-12, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yikes, I was excited about the Wachowski duo, but the rumor is that WB brass is pushing for...

Brett Ratner!

http://www.supermansupersite.com/0828346.html

"The studio is very pleased with the work that Brett [Ratner] has done as a producer and director on past projects," states our sources. "They are now very interested in seeing what he can do with helping finally bring this group of iconic superheroes to the big screen!"
Old 08-28-12, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Eh..Ratner is nothing special if you ask me. He's had a few enjoyable films but nothing where I was overly impressed. Especially not helming a big project like this. If Warner insists on making this film they need to get someone solid behind it and not just whoever they can dig up.

Last edited by Mike86; 08-28-12 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-28-12, 05:57 PM
Banned by request

That would guarantee I won't see it.
Old 08-28-12, 06:52 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah. I don't give a fuck how interesting a JL movie would be to me..that would insure no money of mine towards it.
Old 08-28-12, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

X-3 was such a giant turd. I can't imagine why they would have faith in him.
Old 08-28-12, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Wow, really? Ratner already burned the fanboy bridge with X3, they have got to pick somebody better.
Old 08-28-12, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Batman Will Be Rebooted In ‘The Justice League’?

DC and Warner Brothers are obviously trying to play catch up with Marvel. Sure, they may have had a head start with successful film adaptations of Superman and Batman, but that was nearly a generation ago. Marvel has been kicking ass with Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and the Hulk films, all leading up to The Avengers, which is the highest grossing superhero film all time. Meanwhile, with the exception of Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy, DC and WB haven’t really gotten anything off the ground.

Now, DC and WB are hoping to change that. They have Man of Steel, their Superman reboot, hitting theatres next summer and are planning a Justice League film in the near future.

With Christopher Nolan ending his Batman trilogy, everyone is wondering how DC/WB will reboot their most popular cinematic superhero. The guys over at Batman on Film may have our answer. They are reporting, from a trusted source, that Batman will be rebooted in The Justice League.

What does this mean? Possibly WB plans to go with a team movie and then individual films. Building a universe worked for Marvel, but it may be better for WB to go this route.

What do you think? A Batman reboot is inevitable, but is this the best way to go about it?

Source
Old 08-28-12, 11:14 PM
En vacance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aw no
Old 08-29-12, 12:20 AM
Banned

Makes sense. Any solo Batman movie done in the next ten years would be compared (unfavorably) to the Nolan films. Putting him in this is the only viable gameplan they have.
Old 08-29-12, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob
Yikes, I was excited about the Wachowski duo, but the rumor is that WB brass is pushing for...

Brett Ratner!

Ratner is a studio hack that will get the movie done on time, which is apparently all WB cares about for JLA. It's clear no one in Hollywood has a strong concept for the movie and it's sad to see them fishing around the dregs like Ratner now.
Old 08-29-12, 06:13 AM
Banned

I thought we already knew that JL would be the intro for a DC universe friendly Batman? Guess it's official now?
Old 08-29-12, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I imagine Batman would be like Nick Fury in the Marvel movies/Green Arrow in Smallville, recruiting and financing.
And please God no Ratner.
Old 08-29-12, 09:45 AM
Banned by request

Of course Batman will be rebooted, unless they're going to use JGL as Batman: The Next Generation.
Old 08-29-12, 10:50 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
I thought we already knew that JL would be the intro for a DC universe friendly Batman? Guess it's official now?
Yeah, they already said they planned to reboot Batman, but instead of being a new origin the next movie will take place in his second or third year.

Personally instead of rebooting the Batman movie franchise anytime soon, I would rather see them make another live action Batman TV series. We have had three live action Superman series in as many decades (Superboy in the 80s, Lois & Clark in the 90s, and Smallville in the 2000s) but the last live action Batman series was Adam West in the 60s. Its more than time for Batman to be on the small screen again.

Plus a TV series would really be a much better way to flesh out Batman's huge rogues gallery since a lot of the lesser known rogues like Zsasz, Mad Hatter, Ventriloquist and Scarface stand no chance of ever being used in a movie. Season long storyarcs of Knightfall, No Man's Land, or Hush would be really awesome as well.

Originally Posted by cleaver
I imagine Batman would be like Nick Fury in the Marvel movies/Green Arrow in Smallville, recruiting and financing.
And please God no Ratner.
There's no chance that they will waste Batman in a minor support role like that. Batman and Superman are the "big two" that will be used to sell the movie. Batman in the JLA movie will be like Batman in the JLA comics... i.e. "the batgod".

If they want to get into the business and financial side of the JLA, they would more likely introduce Maxwell Lord.
Old 08-29-12, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob

Brett Ratner!

Did they not see the third X-Men flick?

Originally Posted by Supermallet
That would guarantee I won't see it.
This.
Old 08-29-12, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
Plus a TV series would really be a much better way to flesh out Batman's huge rogues gallery since a lot of the lesser known rogues like Zsasz, Mad Hatter, Ventriloquist and Scarface stand no chance of ever being used in a movie. Season long storyarcs of Knightfall, No Man's Land, or Hush would be really awesome as well.
We did get Zsasz in Batman Begins.
Old 08-29-12, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 628 Likes on 483 Posts

If they want to get into the business and financial side of the JLA, they would more likely introduce Maxwell Lord.
Would they have the balls to have him kill off Ted Kord in one of the JLA movies?
Old 08-29-12, 11:33 AM
Banned

Considering how meh Smallville was to me, though rather bold in their attempt...I think a TV Batman (live action) would be pretty meh overall. It would have to be "amazing" for people to accept a TV Batman again. It'd have to at least be as cool as Nolan's was. Cuz that's what people are going to hold it up to. Superman had it easy..he had 2 shit flicks and an alright TV show after that as well. I don't know anything about Superboy the show.
Old 08-29-12, 11:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
We did get Zsasz in Batman Begins.
A two second cameo appearance hardly counts.

Zsasz will never get a major role in a movie like he possibly could in a Batman TV series.

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Would they have the balls to have him kill off Ted Kord in one of the JLA movies?
I would love a movie based on the Giffen/DeMatteis era of JLI with Blue Beetle/Booster Gold bromance and Batman one-punching Guy.

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
Considering how meh Smallville was to me, though rather bold in their attempt...
Smallville was "meh" because it was a CW show whose target audience is teenage girls. If Batman was a CW show too, I agree it would also be "meh" but give it to a network and let them go balls to the wall 24-style and it could be awesome.
Old 08-29-12, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

There's no chance that they will waste Batman in a minor support role like that. Batman and Superman are the "big two" that will be used to sell the movie. Batman in the JLA movie will be like Batman in the JLA comics... i.e. "the batgod".

Rumors are the "ordinary human" character they would use is Amanda Waller in that role. She's black, which helps fill out the diversity requirement of any Hollywood production, and in the new DCU they've already remade the character for the movies, slimming her down so they can cast a prettier actress.
Old 08-29-12, 01:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Rumors are the "ordinary human" character they would use is Amanda Waller in that role. She's black, which helps fill out the diversity requirement of any Hollywood production, and in the new DCU they've already remade the character for the movies, slimming her down so they can cast a prettier actress.
Eh, I've never been a fan of Waller even before she magically lost 200 lbs in the Flashpoint relaunch.

The new 52 has already replaced Martian Manhunter with Cyborg just so they could get Token Black Guy™ on the team. I imagine Cyborg will be in the movie too instead of Martian Manhunter.

Wonder Woman also fills the Hot Chick With Skimpy Clothes And Big Boobs™ role.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.