Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Step Up: All In (S: Moose, Madd Chadd)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-14, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M1h_1yoVqVU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Please be awesome like part 3 and not an editing clusterfuck like part 4.
Old 04-04-14, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
Re: Step Up: All In (S: Moose, Madd Chadd)

As long as it's in 3D!
Old 04-04-14, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

In all fairness, Step Up 3D is still the best example how to correctly and effectively employ 3D in a feature length motion picture.
Old 04-04-14, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RocShemp
In all fairness, Step Up 3D is still the best example how to correctly and effectively employ 3D in a feature length motion picture.
Based upon the framing of the shots shown in trailer, we're already on a much better path than Step Up Revolution. With a new creative team on board, hopefully we'll get better execution than the last one.
Old 04-04-14, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Based upon the framing of the shots shown in trailer, we're already on a much better path than Step Up Revolution. With a new creative team on board, hopefully we'll get better execution than the last one.
I noticed that as well. Really reminded me of the third movie.
Old 08-06-14, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-cBttI0W80U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? 3D post-convert on multiple screens and showtimes in Las Vegas.

Step Up All In? Shot in 3D, is only playing on one screen at all theaters in Las Vegas, and only has 1-2 showtimes in 3D per theater. Even better? The 3D showings are at the most inconvinent times.
Old 08-06-14, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

They should tie all the movie together and bring back Channing Tatum. Kind of like the Fast and the Furious movies.
Old 08-06-14, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by devilshalo
They should tie all the movie together and bring back Channing Tatum. Kind of like the Fast and the Furious movies.
Funny enough, I've been wanting exactly that to happen for quite some time now.
Old 08-06-14, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
But they brought back Briana Evigan who was in Part 2.
Old 08-08-14, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What are we going to do? We're going to bring the fuckin' house down.

This is the sequel we deserved after Step Up 3D.
Old 08-11-14, 06:50 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

well that's an endorsement - gonna have to see it tomorrow then!
Old 08-11-14, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giles
well that's an endorsement - gonna have to see it tomorrow then!
The opening dance battle has more energy and life than the entire running time of Step Up Revolution.

I was genuinely surprised (and nearly teared up) when there were single shots that lasted over thirty seconds (and some that lasted upwards of a minute) without cutting to the next shot.
Old 08-11-14, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The opening dance battle has more energy and life than the entire running time of Step Up Revolution.

I was genuinely surprised (and nearly teared up) when there were single shots that lasted over thirty seconds (and some that lasted upwards of a minute) without cutting to the next shot.
I cannot wait to see this!
Old 08-12-14, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

That's a deal-maker.
Old 08-12-14, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
That's a deal-maker.
For a dance movie shot in 3D, the less shots the better. The editing is off at times, but its not the constant stream of cuts every few seconds that Step Up Revolution contained.

Sie took a lot of moves out of Chu's playbook. While we don't get a set piece done in a single take, Sie made sure to focus the set pieces on the dancing itself. There's no cuts to people's reactions (which also plagued Step Up Revolution) or anything else that's occurring. When there's a dance battle on screen, the attention is set to focus on only the dancing. The only problem with the set pieces is the soundtrack is very forgettable.
Old 08-12-14, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Just got back from seeing it. I had a lot of fun watching this. A lot better than Step Up: Revolution. I also saw it in 3D as well.

This was almost an All-Star sequel bringing back Moose, Andie, Sean and the Mob. It's too bad they couldn't bring back Tyler and Nora for just a short cameo. But I'm guessing this series is too small now for Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan.

I was glad they brought back Briana Evigan as Andie. I thought she was easily the 2nd best lead actress in the series next to Jenna Dewan. She can fucking dance her ass off.

Anyways, the choreography was amazing. Awesome dance moves all around. I also liked that it was mostly set in Vegas.

Only a few minor critiques:

1) editing was a little choppy. Some of the cuts in that final dance sequence were a little weird and felt off to me.

2) Did not like Alexxa Brava. What an awful cartoonish Lady Gaga ripoff character. I cringed everytime she appeared.

3) The ending was kind of abrupt. I would have liked maybe a quick epilogue to see what happened to LMNTRIX. But that's just me.

Overall, a fun movie and very enjoyable if you're a fan of the series. A solid B from me.

BTW, I also liked the brief cameo from:

Spoiler:

Adam Shankman as the security guard. He's a Producer on this series and was also a frequent guest judge on So You Think You Can Dance.

Old 08-12-14, 10:09 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Just got back from seeing it. I had a lot of fun watching this. A lot better than Step Up: Revolution. I also saw it in 3D as well.

This was almost an All-Star sequel bringing back Moose, Andie, Sean and the Mob. It's too bad they couldn't bring back Tyler and Nora for just a short cameo. But I'm guessing this series is too small now for Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan.

I was glad they brought back Briana Evigan as Andie. I thought she was easily the 2nd best lead actress in the series next to Jenna Dewan. She can fucking dance her ass off.

Anyways, the choreography was amazing. Awesome dance moves all around. I also liked that it was mostly set in Vegas.

Only a few minor critiques:

1) editing was a little choppy. Some of the cuts in that final dance sequence were a little weird and felt off to me.

2) Did not like Alexxa Brava. What an awful cartoonish Lady Gaga ripoff character. I cringed everytime she appeared.

3) The ending was kind of abrupt. I would have liked maybe a quick epilogue to see what happened to LMNTRIX. But that's just me.

Overall, a fun movie and very enjoyable if you're a fan of the series. A solid B from me.

BTW, I also liked the brief cameo from:

Spoiler:

Adam Shankman as the security guard. He's a Producer on this series and was also a frequent guest judge on So You Think You Can Dance.

I agree to an extent but in some shots the camera's inward (and outward) tracking was astounding - it really captured the dimensionality to great effect.

the choreography was top notch and also best illustrated with Round 3 of the boxer's ring dance number.

my only problem were the songs - in Step Up 3D they were excellent, here though they really didn't wow me.

all in all though - I was entertained, and so much better than 'Step Up Revolution' which had the hard job of one upping the remarkable 'Step Up 3D' (but didn't).
Old 08-12-14, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The actress playing Alex Bravva reminded me so much of Michele Pfeifer in her younger years.
Old 12-12-14, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Finally watched this since my 3D BD arrived in the mail today. Not as great as Step Up 3D (the choreography and use of 3D is still the best) but a vast improvement over Step Up Revolution.

I was surprisingly disappointed with Madd Chadd in this one. He was so much better in Step Up 3D and his cameo in Step Up Revolution. Although she had minimal screen time, Džajna "Jaja" Vaňková (the Robot Girl) is adorable and I hope she returns for the next flick in the series. I also hope the producers finally wise up and make Alyson Stoner and Adam Sevani the leads the next time around (and have Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum cameo for the big finale).

Originally Posted by Patman
The actress playing Alex Bravva reminded me so much of Michele Pfeifer in her younger years.
I thought the same. She also had a very slight resemblance to Jenna Coleman in a few shots.