Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023, D: Mangold) S: Ford - News, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023, D: Mangold) S: Ford - News, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-13, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Indiana Jones 5 - Rumors, Casting, etc...

Originally Posted by antspawn
If someone was to fill the shoes of Harrison Ford for Indiana Jones, I would go with Daniel Craig.
Have you heard Daniel Craig's (attempts at) American accents?
Old 12-06-13, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Be sure to incorporate plot points from this short into both episode 7 and Indy 5, then profit http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Into_the_Great_Unknown
Old 12-07-13, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I'm actually more excited for an Indy 5 than any new Star Wars movies. So I hope this actually happens.
Old 12-07-13, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I get the idea of people wanting to keep the franchise alive but to me the day Indiana Jones is recast and no longer played by Ford is the day the franchise dies to me. That being said I would like one final film to really give the series a good sendoff rather than the disappointment that was Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I could really care less about the ongoing adventures of his son or whoever either. To me Disney buying all these franchises it both good and bad. Good in the sense that we'll get a lot of output, but bad in the sense that out of that output there's bound to be a lot of crap as we all know Disney will milk franchises like Marvel, Star Wars/Indiana Jones, etc to death.
Old 12-07-13, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Old 12-07-13, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by antspawn
If someone was to fill the shoes of Harrison Ford for Indiana Jones, I would go with Daniel Craig.
Originally Posted by Jory
Have you heard Daniel Craig's (attempts at) American accents?
Actually let's scratch that out.
Old 12-07-13, 05:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Better idea ... Cast him as Indiana Jones.
That is the best way to go.
Old 12-07-13, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,740 Likes on 1,889 Posts

I've long wished that, instead of making shitty movies during the 90s, that Harrison Ford had instead made more Indiana Jones films.

1991 - INDIANA JONES AND QUEST FOR THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE co-starring Annette Benning (instead of Regarding Henry)

1995 - INDIANA JONES AND THE SECRET OF KING SOLOMON'S MINES co-starring Julia Ormond (instead of Sabrina)

1997 - INDIANA JONES AND THE LOST KINGDOM OF ATLANTIS co-starring Brad Pitt and Natascha McElhone (instead of Devils Own)

1998 - INDIANA JONES AND THE SPEAR OF DESTINY co-starring Anne Heche (instead of Six Days Seven Nights)

1999 - INDIANA JONES AND THE CURSE OF THE MUMMY'S TOMB co-starring Kristin Scott-Thomas. (Instead of Random Hearts)
Old 12-07-13, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Soon Disney will own everything down to the fillings in my teeth. Ah, well, maybe they're release a properly colored version of Raiders with the reflection put back in. Right after they release the OOT. Right. Although with Spielberg back and Lucas seemingly out of the picture, maybe this could turn out to be interesting, but I'm highly skeptical. Spielberg has of late finally stopped looking backwards, this looks like a step in the wrong direction. There is such a thing as enough of something.
Old 12-08-13, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Do not want.
Old 12-08-13, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 551 Likes on 343 Posts

I am waiting for the press release stating that Spielberg is out for Indy 5 and JJ Abrams will be directing.
Old 12-08-13, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Mike86
I get the idea of people wanting to keep the franchise alive but to me the day Indiana Jones is recast and no longer played by Ford is the day the franchise dies to me. That being said I would like one final film to really give the series a good sendoff rather than the disappointment that was Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
The Last Crusade is that movie
Old 12-08-13, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain Biker
That movie totally ruined Sallah and Marcus Brody.

Last edited by RocShemp; 12-15-13 at 12:07 AM.
Old 12-08-13, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Before Kingdom of the Crystal Skull came along I would have agreed. Now though I think the franchise deserves one final really good sendoff as the last one hurt the legacy of the franchise a bit in my opinion.
Old 12-08-13, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Before Kingdom of the Crystal Skull came along I would have agreed. Now though I think the franchise deserves one final really good sendoff as the last one hurt the legacy of the franchise a bit in my opinion.

Kinda like ROCKY VI fixed ROCKY V
Old 12-08-13, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by stvn1974
I am waiting for the press release stating that Spielberg is out for Indy 5 and JJ Abrams will be directing.
The man has to sleep sometime.

The Last Crusade is that movie.
There are some who argued that the franchise was starting to wear thin by that point anyway. There is such a thing as enough of a good thing.

My friend keeps saying the same about Die Hard 5. I'm inclined to say the opposite, and that it's a clear indicator that it's time to let things rest.
Old 12-09-13, 10:51 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They should do a pseudo-reboot that's also a sequel. What I'm picturing is something that's almost like a reversal of the opening of Last Crusade. Imagine this: Harrison Ford as old Indy is in HIS present day (maybe the 1960s at this point) trying to solve one last archaeological mystery that ties back to an adventure from his past. So we get older wiser Ford in bumper segments throughout the film doing the detective work but the majority of the action is in flashbacks with a younger brash version of Indy played by another actor. And if done right the new actor could take over in future installments... it would be a reboot in a sense but keep canonical continuity with the original series.
Old 12-09-13, 10:57 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG
They should do a pseudo-reboot that's also a sequel. What I'm picturing is something that's almost like a reversal of the opening of Last Crusade. Imagine this: Harrison Ford as old Indy is in HIS present day (maybe the 1960s at this point) trying to solve one last archaeological mystery that ties back to an adventure from his past. So we get older wiser Ford in bumper segments throughout the film doing the detective work but the majority of the action is in flashbacks with a younger brash version of Indy played by another actor. And if done right the new actor could take over in future installments... it would be a reboot in a sense but keep canonical continuity with the original series.
I like it... where is Sean Patrick Flanery?
Old 12-09-13, 11:05 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
I like it... where is Sean Patrick Flanery?
Unconscious on a bus in Florida.
Old 12-09-13, 11:24 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG
I hate this idea with the white hot fury of a thousand suns.
Old 12-09-13, 11:36 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
I hate this idea with the white hot fury of a thousand suns.
Well, the alternative is a 72 year old man doing the bulk of the action work.
Old 12-09-13, 11:47 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
That movie totally ruine Sallah and Marcus Brody.
God did it ever. I was really pissed to see Brody go from an academic who ran a museum to a bumbling globetrotting idiot. Sallah was just plain wasted, and just unneeded.
Old 12-09-13, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DRG
Fuck that. Like I said Harrison Ford is Indy and the day that he's not is the day the franchise is over to me.
Old 12-09-13, 11:53 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG
Well, the alternative is a 72 year old man doing the bulk of the action work.
I already said... Indy's other badass son. Played by the likes of Ackles, or Chris Pine. Indy taking on the Sean Connery role. Pass the torch. Hell, this whole series is an homage to old timey serials, the next one call it "Son of Indiana Jones"...
Old 12-09-13, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG
They actually already did this in the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles on ABC. Harrison Ford guest starred in an episode as Indy around 50 years old and they flashed back to younger Indy played by Sean Patrick Flannery for the majority of the episode.

Here's the episode

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108635/...nm_flmg_act_26

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.