Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel One Shot: 'All Hail the King' - Mandarin/Ben Kingsley

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Marvel One Shot: 'All Hail the King' - Mandarin/Ben Kingsley

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-13, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,135 Posts
Re: Ben Kingsley's Got a New "Secret Marvel Project"

Take RDJ out of the IM Films and you have 3 half ass Hero movies. RDJ carried the whole franchise based on his taking Stark and making him his own. His own personal character flaws made that part easy I'm guessing.

That said, I think IM is much more enjoyable as an ensemble Hero. Now that he's in The Avengers flicks I'm good with that.

Ben Kingsley is going to be interesting.
Spoiler:
Even if he really is The Mandarin...I can actually buy that. Kingsley is a brilliant actor who can pull that type of con off. Sure, Fanboys will be shitting their diapers because they'll feel betrayed and more sophisticated Film folks will say it was a cheap move that wasn't earned...I say to them... so what.
Old 10-25-13, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 822 Likes on 694 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Take RDJ out of the IM Films and you have 3 half ass Hero movies. RDJ carried the whole franchise based on his taking Stark and making him his own. His own personal character flaws made that part easy I'm guessing.

That said, I think IM is much more enjoyable as an ensemble Hero. Now that he's in The Avengers flicks I'm good with that.
Totally agree, those Iron Man movies barely work if you remove RDJ from them. Iron Man is definitely more of an ensemble character, no matter how much his movies make at the box office.
Old 01-09-14, 04:21 PM

Received 4,609 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Marvel One Shot: All Hail The King - First look (4 pages): http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/01/0...hail-the-king/
Old 01-09-14, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dex14
Marvel One Shot: All Hail The King - First look (4 pages): http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/01/0...hail-the-king/
Sounds good ... Looking forward to seeing this
Old 01-09-14, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 634 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Sounds great and it might actually get me to buy Thor: The Dark World.
Old 01-09-14, 05:47 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm excited to see this one. Trevor was awesome. Totally shit over the Mandarin but made something amazing out of it.
Old 01-09-14, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was the Sharon Carter One Shot any good?
Old 01-09-14, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Tom Creo
Was the Sharon Carter One Shot any good?
The Agent Carter short was great.
Old 01-09-14, 05:55 PM
Banned

I liked it a lot. Honestly the way they set it up I'd be interested in an early SHIELD TV show with those from the short. I loved that short.
Old 01-09-14, 06:03 PM

Received 4,609 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
I liked it a lot. Honestly the way they set it up I'd be interested in an early SHIELD TV show with those from the short. I loved that short.
Hopefully you get your wish: http://screencrush.com/agent-carter-...fficial-rumor/
Old 01-09-14, 06:13 PM
Banned

Re: Marvel One Shot: 'All Hail the King' - Mandarin/Ben Kingsley

Just keep the SHIELD guys away. That show sucks dick.
Old 01-09-14, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 700 Likes on 431 Posts

IM3 = really good flick. Agents of SHIELD = oldschool airline food. Never the two should mix.
Old 01-09-14, 06:54 PM
Banned

Agents of SHIELD's last episode was good. That show has slowly gotten better over time. Most shows have a rocky first season.
Old 01-09-14, 07:12 PM
Banned

Wasn't the Coulson death revival stupid or something? I read what it was and it just seemed like it was just meh.
Old 01-09-14, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'd like a S.H.I.E.L.D. movie staring Haley Atwell as Peggy Carter and no cutesy ties to the shittacular Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series. Just a movie done in the spirit of the Agent Carter short and with that cast.
Old 01-09-14, 07:29 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd like a movie starring Haley Atwell where I have sex with her repeatedly sorry what were we talking about?
Old 01-09-14, 07:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Wasn't the Coulson death revival stupid or something? I read what it was and it just seemed like it was just meh.
Personally I thought it was interesting. They haven't revealed much about it yet, so its really still too early to judge, but what was shown was interesting.

Major spoilers

Spoiler:
The Centipede agency puts Coulson in some machine that helps him remember what happened. Coulson remembers a surgery where they had his head cut open and a robot was operating on his brain. All the while, Coulson is just begging them to let him die.

Coulson tracks down one of the doctors that he remembered, and the doctor tells him that the brain surgery was to implant a fake memory of a vacation in Tahiti to replace the memories of his death and resurrection. The doctor also says that Coulson wasn't dead for seconds like he was originally told, but rather he was dead for days.

Oh and Fury ordered the whole thing for some unknown reason.

That's all that has been revealed so far. We don't know exactly how Coulson came back. He was impaled through the heart after all, and none of that was explained, just the brain surgery thing.

Its possible in my opinion that Coulson could still be an android or LMD. He kept begging, "Let me die." Let me die = LMD. Also after his "revival" Coulson is never shown as having scars from having his head cut open like that, which could also indicate the Coulson on the surgery table is the real Coulson who died and his memories and everything were transferred to an android or LMD that wasn't shown.

We know a little bit, but still not everything.

Here's a video of the brain surgery.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aZTJbaDd6a4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-09-14, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,197 Likes on 921 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet
I'd like a movie starring Haley Atwell where I have sex with her repeatedly sorry what were we talking about?
Old 01-09-14, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by taffer
Agents of SHIELD's last episode was good. That show has slowly gotten better over time. Most shows have a rocky first season.
Most good shows of the last several years have not had rocky first seasons. People keep bringing up ST:TNG as an example, and that was 27 years ago.

The show needs a massive overhaul. Sooner rather than later. YMMV.
Old 01-09-14, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dirty Pete's Lake.
Old 01-09-14, 09:18 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The Walking Dead had an absurdly uneven first season. Supernatural had a wholly forgettable first season. The Mindy Project had a nigh-unwatchable first season. All of them got better (and, in the case of The Walking Dead, worse, and better, and worse again).
Old 01-09-14, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I felt TWD's first season was quite even and focused. Afterward, that's a different story...

American Horror Story, Mad Men, Arrow, Community, Breaking Bad, Battlestar Galactica, The Americans, Orphan Black, Alias, Game of Thrones, Being Human, just off the top of my head, hit the ground running hard. Agents of SHIELD? Limp and floundering...
Old 01-09-14, 09:28 PM
Banned

The Walking Dead had an absurdly uneven first season. Supernatural had a wholly forgettable first season. The Mindy Project had a nigh-unwatchable first season. All of them got better (and, in the case of The Walking Dead, worse, and better, and worse again).
In addition, Arrow didn't start getting good until halfway through the first season. The Spartacus series on Starz likewise didn't get good until halfway through the first season. Also, another Whedon creation that is universally loved by all, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, had a pretty lousy first season.
Old 01-09-14, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Disagree about Arrow. I'm rewatching the first season on bluray. It was strong from the start, with a much more consistent focus on character and storytelling. IMO of course.
Old 01-09-14, 09:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
American Horror Story, Mad Men, Arrow, Community, Breaking Bad, Battlestar Galactica, The Americans, Orphan Black, Alias, Game of Thrones, Being Human, just off the top of my head, hit the ground running hard. Agents of SHIELD? Limp and floundering...
Arrow? ARROW??

The first half of the first season was like a really bad daytime soap opera. Anytime Laurel was on screen I just wanted to punch a wall. Thankfully, they wised up and put less focus on the soap and started giving Laurel less screen time.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.