DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   "Superfast" A Fast and Furious Parody (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/614466-superfast-fast-furious-parody.html)

Match 10-14-13 09:08 PM

"Superfast" A Fast and Furious Parody

Another movie by Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg.

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/ne...fast_39525.jpg

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Fast-...ker-39525.html

If you’re like me, hearing that The Fast and The Furious franchise has inspired a parody gives you that dull ache in the back of your head when you’re hungover. (Which I’m not. Promise.) Nonetheless THR reports writers-directors Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg are gearing up for Superfast, a spoof that’s meant to poke fun at the car chase franchise that already seems pretty well aware of its own outrageous quirks.

As Superfast nears its start date, the filmmakers are proud to announce they’ve found their Vin Diesel and Paul Walker for Superfast in Dale Pavinski and Alex Ashbaugh. This indie comedy will reportedly have a lean budget, so it’s little surprise that they’ve cast relative unknowns in the lead roles. Ashbaugh was recently seen in the notorious Lindsay Lohan vehicle The Canyons, and Pavinksi has scored bit parts in Underworld: Rise of the Lycans and Takers. Filling out their car-stealing crew will be Cloverfield’s Lili Mirojnick as the Mia (Jordana Brewster) equivalent, Law & Order’s Andrea Navedo as the Letty (Michelle Rodriguez) part, and 21 & Over’s Daniel Booko will play the lesser remembered role Matt Schulze portrayed in the original of Dom’s friend who doesn’t trust the gang’s newest member.

EddieMoney 10-15-13 09:37 AM

Re: "Superfast" A Fast and Furious Parody

Too bad these guys won't just die in some horrific car accident.

Timber 10-15-13 12:13 PM

I guess these movies make money but I haven't found one of these parodies the least bit funny since Airplane.

mattysemo247 10-15-13 12:30 PM

no, No, NO

Brack 10-15-13 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Timber (Post 11872581)
I guess these movies make money but I haven't found one of these parodies the least bit funny since Airplane.

No love for The Naked Gun? :(

resinrats 10-16-13 12:25 AM

Not Another Teen Movie is pretty good.

Why So Blu? 10-16-13 12:36 AM

Airplane is the best one. Naked Gun rocks and so does Not Another Teen Movie. Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood is another classic, as well.

inri222 10-16-13 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Brack (Post 11872924)
No love for The Naked Gun? :(

What about Top Secret

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 11873420)
Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood is another classic, as well.

Not too crazy about Don't Be A Menace, of those Wayans films I prefer I'm Gonna Git You Sucka.

For the hip-hop parodies nothing tops Fear of a Black Hat.
Then there's Black Dynamite which is the best of the current crop.

EddieMoney 10-16-13 08:29 AM

Can we retitle the thread to "Movies That Are Better than Superfast Has Any Hope of Being"?

Brack 10-16-13 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by inri222 (Post 11873550)
What about Top Secret?

:thumbsup:

mrhan 10-16-13 10:04 AM

I wonder if they had to pay Matchbox to use the name "Superfast"?

Match 07-29-14 02:38 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rz5U47xGluQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:thmbsdwn: :thmbsdwn: :thmbsdwn: :thmbsdwn: :thmbsdwn: :thmbsdwn: :thmbsdwn: :thmbsdwn: :thmbsdwn:

EddieMoney 07-29-14 02:49 PM

I can't even begin to describe how shitty this looks or how much I hate these miserable motherfucks. Friedberg and Seltzer need to just fucking end their lives ASAP. God I hate Hollywood. Fuck.

OldBoy 07-29-14 04:09 PM

that is tasteless.

Solid Snake 07-29-14 05:06 PM

Wow. That's bad.

Alan Smithee 07-29-14 05:36 PM

Another movie by Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg.
Why, God, WHY????

GoldenJCJ 07-29-14 05:54 PM

This is why the terrorists hate us!

Trickshot 08-01-14 04:47 AM

I had to look up who these guys were. I generally avoid spoofs as I don't find them at all funny. Except Airplane!, of course. This is very bad idea, and in very bad taste.

And there's another gem on the way in 2015... "Who The F#@K Took My Daughter?" My vote is for Liam Neeson to go kick some butt.

Charlie Goose 08-01-14 09:09 AM

Spoiler:

Originally Posted by Match (Post 12183462)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rz5U47xGluQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:thmbsdwn: :thmbsdwn: :thmbsdwn: :thmbsdwn: :thmbsdwn: :thmbsdwn: :thmbsdwn: :thmbsdwn: :thmbsdwn:

I'm going back to bed now and pull the fucking covers over my head.

hanshotfirst1138 08-01-14 12:45 PM

I've seriously never met anyone who likes these films. I'm not talking about snobby people like myself, even people to whom I've spoken who've payed to see them say they're stupid. Who still pays to see these things and why?

Guru Askew 08-01-14 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 (Post 12186711)
I've seriously never met anyone who likes these films. I'm not talking about snobby people like myself, even people to whom I've spoken who've payed to see them say they're stupid who still pays to see these things and why?

They're probably like an elaborate money laundering or tax evasion scheme. There's no other reason for them to exist. I doubt they make much money.

Alan Smithee 08-01-14 06:13 PM

Just watched the trailer, this one likely has their trademark overly-long dance scene which was missing from their last opus "The Starving Games". Yes, I actually watch these guys' movies just to groan at how spectacularly stupid and un-funny they are. (But no, I don't spend any money on them.)

stvn1974 08-01-14 07:00 PM

Probably less contrived and won't have as many plot holes and continuity errors as a Christopher Nolan film so of course all you are hating on it.

davidlynchfan 08-01-14 07:37 PM

I thought the trailer was sort of funny. :shrug:
I'm sure it will still be funnier than Napoleon Dynamite (but that's jmo).

RocShemp 08-01-14 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by stvn1974 (Post 12187013)
Probably less contrived and won't have as many plot holes and continuity errors as a Christopher Nolan film so of course all you are hating on it.

Seriously, why don't you start a thread in Otter where you express exactly when did Christopher Nolan start molesting you? Because the shame is clearly eating you up inside.