Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Movie Sheep - Choose Your Own Adventure aka I'm Lazy Edition

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-13, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to Movie Sheep - Choose Your Own Adventure Edition!

Intro for first time players
Spoiler:
(Reverse) Sheep is a game that is part Family Feud, part trivia game. The object of the game is to outwit other players through a series of questions that are usually united in theme. There are two types of questions.

The first, Sheep, is one where you try to think like everyone else and match their answers. The more people you match, the better you do. Let's say we have a game of six players (A through F). A Sheep question might be something like "Name a great color." Sheep questions never have right or wrong answers. Let's say our five players answered like this:
Players A, C, and E said "Blue"
Players B and D said "Green"
Player F said "Chartreuse"

Scoring in Sheep games is like golf: the lower your score, the better. The "Blue" players get -3 points (and the best answer). The "Green" players get -2 points. Player F did not match anyone and gets 0 points.

The second type of question, Reverse Sheep, is the exact opposite. You want to avoid matching other players. A Reverse Sheep question might be something like "Name a state on the Atlantic Coast." Reverse Sheep questions always have right or wrong answers. Let's say our players answered like this:

Players D and E said "Delaware"
Players F and B said "Maine"
Player C said "Texas"
Player A said "South Carolina"

The "Delaware" players get +2 points (a penalty, since you want to have a low score). The "Maine" players also get +2 points. Player C's answer might be debated among the players to see if it is considered correct or not. Wrong answers always score above the most common answer. You're always better off going for something obvious than for something obviously wrong.

That's the gist of it. Each person running a game adds little rules here and there but those are the basics.

General Rules
Spoiler:
The object of the game is to out-think everyone by picking answers to questions that are the most common (Sheep) or least common (Reverse Sheep), but still correct.
Example Sheep question: "Name a professional golfer." A good answer might be Tiger Woods and a bad answer might be Chichi Rodriguez.
Example Reverse Sheep question: "Name a play by Shakespeare." Romeo & Juliet might be a bad answer, but Two Gentlemen of Verona might be a good answer, unless everyone is trying to go as obscure as possible.
Scores are tallied according to the number of players answering that question. Sheep answers are tallied as negative. Reverse Sheep answers are tallied as positive. The lowest score wins.
There is no such thing as wrong answer for a Sheep question.
Wrong answers in Reverse Sheep are scored two points above the most common answer.
You may not cheat by using Google, Wikipedia, etc. Use only what's in your head.
Please send in your answers to me via PM. Place only one answer per line, without numbers, set info, or the question itself. Add {sd} to the end of the answer, not the beginning. Those who do not do this will be penalized 20 points right off the bat.
Note: Be creative with your answers, but don't be stupid.
Sheep questions are marked by an S:, Reverse Sheep questions are marked by an R:.

Game-Specific Rules - Slam dunks, etc! -
Spoiler:
Unique Bonus: Reverse Sheep questions will generate additional bonus (negative) points according to the following:
1 Unique is awarded -15
2 Uniques are awarded -10 each
3 Uniques are awarded -6 each
4 Uniques are awarded -3 each
5+ Uniques are awarded -1 each
Slam Dunks {sd} Players have the power of multipliers in their hands. Each player is given five (5) Slam Dunks ({sd} s) which they use by adding {sd} to the end of their answer. Slam Dunks have different effects depending on the question you use them in:
In Sheep questions, the {sd} adds 1 to the Multiplier. Due to stacked Slam Dunks becoming a bit too powerful in these games, I’m limiting the stacking to ONE on any given question. If you place more than ONE on a single question, the additional Slam Dunks will not count. Again, no slam dunks stacking at all!
In Reverse Sheep questions, you can use a single {sd} to turn the question into a sheep question for you. However, if your answer is wrong, it does nothing.
I will correct mistakes made when sending me your answers at a cost of 10 points.

Other notes and rules that I made up.
- For Sheep questions, if your answer is not specific enough, I will PM you for clarification. If you do not respond, you will be given a score of zero for your answer.

- For Reverse Sheep questions, if your answer is not specific enough, I will PM you for clarification. If you do not respond, your answer will be counted as wrong.

- As is usual for film-related sheep games, let's limit answers to theatrically released films.

Ok. Now it's time to post the questions. Don't blame me if they are lousy, and I may have edited them slightly to make them work better.
Spoiler:

01. S: What is the best film to come from a Middle Eastern Country(Ie Iraq,Iran,Egypt etc) (submitted by AaronHernandez)

02. R: Name a horror movie where the killer has a mask. *Different films of a franchise will be counted together.**(submitted by OldBoy)

03. S: Name a movie primarily set in Boston (submitted by wishbone)

04. R: Name an actor who has appeared in at least 9 films by the same director. (submitted by Crocker Jarmen)

05. S: Name a famous female star of the silent era. (submitted by Damfino)

06. R: In Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, name one of the historical figures that Bill and Ted bring to the present. (submitted by fumanstan)

07. S: Prolific director Woody Allen is probably most well-known for Annie Hall. Name another famous Woody Allen film. (submitted by mrcellophane)

08. R: Who will be shaken, but not stirred? Name a James Bond film produced by EON Productions. (submitted by devilshalo)

09. S: Name a Bill Murray movie. Any Bill Murray movie. (submitted by story)

10. R: Name an Academy Award-nominated Hollywood remake of a foreign-language film. (submitted by Ash Ketchum )

11. S: Return of the King is the only "part 3" that has won the Academy Award for Best Picture. Other than RotK, what is the best third movie in a series? (submitted by rocket1312)

12. R: Name an Avenger from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He/she has to be an actual Avenger and not merely affiliated with the Avengers. So Nick Fury, Agent Coulson, Maria Hill, and other S.H.I.E.L.D. members don't count. (submitted by taffer)

13. S: Name a terrible movie that includes the word "MAN" in the title. (submitted by DaveNinja)

14. R: Which was the worst Fast & Furious movie? (Or, basically, name a Fast and Furious movie)(submitted by orangecrush)

15. S: Name a heist movie (submitted by davidh777)

16. R: Name a film in which only ONE Marx Brother (Groucho, Harpo, Chico, or Zeppo) appears. (Submitted by one of the moderators, forgot which one)

17. S: If you could hypothetically punch any one director in the face, without any fear of reprecussion, who would it be? (submitted by Obi-Wan Jabroni)

18. R: Give the name of a character in Pulp Fiction (I’ll go ahead and say they have to have a name and not “Man #4” etc.) (submitted by Fist of Doom)

19. S: Rob Schneider plays a goofy, secondary character in most of Adam Sandler’s movies. *Which movie did Rob Schneider have the best lines in? (submitted by ivelostr2)

20. S: Pixar is considered to be the leading computer animation studio. What is the best feature film that Pixar has made up to now? (submitted by dhmac)

21. S: As of August 2013, what's the best movie of 2013? (submitted by Shannon Nutt)

Closed for entrants. Tune in Monday morning for scores, with sexy results!

Last edited by Rockmjd23; 08-24-13 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-21-13, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Re: Movie Sheep - Choose Your Own Adventure aka I'm Lazy Edition

Old 08-21-13, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^^^That's not very encouraging. This is an experiment, dammit!
Old 08-21-13, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
^^^That's not very encouraging. This is an experiment, dammit!
Sorry, dude, I was just laughing at the laziness angle. I'm planning to send you a question.
Old 08-21-13, 06:00 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

submitted.
Old 08-21-13, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Sent a silly question. Hope you use it
Old 08-21-13, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 482 Likes on 318 Posts

Good idea having the players contribute a question. For people who have wanted to run a game but can't manage the time commitment, this is an excellent opportunity to use one of the great questions they've been sitting on.
Old 08-21-13, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

I like the idea. I'll be sending a question later.
Old 08-21-13, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts

Question submitted.
Old 08-21-13, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am getting a few sheep questions that have obvious answers to them. In fact there's one that I can only think of one answer to.
Old 08-21-13, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

Question sent.

The more I think about this, the more I like the gimmick for this game.
Old 08-21-13, 11:49 PM

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Very cool idea. Question sent.
Old 08-22-13, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Sent a question!
Old 08-22-13, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sent a few ideas.
Old 08-22-13, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by orangecrush
I sent a few ideas.
Is there a particular one you want me to use? I'm limiting it to one per player.
Old 08-22-13, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 978 Likes on 689 Posts

Question sent.
Old 08-22-13, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Is there a particular one you want me to use? I'm limiting it to one per player.
I had a few ideas but sent you the first one that had come to mind. Maybe I'll reserve the other two for a future Sheep game.
Old 08-22-13, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just how lazy are you? I don't really care about the bonus, I was just sending ideas. I have narrowed it down to one.
Old 08-22-13, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Just how lazy are you? I don't really care about the bonus, I was just sending ideas. I have narrowed it down to one.
I thought he might prefer having a choice, but apparently not, so I just sent one.
Old 08-22-13, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well I didn't want to randomly choose one and then have you guys complain that I didn't pickthe good one. Luckily, in your case, they are all equally bad!
Old 08-22-13, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Have you gotten enough questions to have an idea of when you'll start the game? And if you pick someone's question do they get a reserved spot in your game?
Old 08-22-13, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Have you gotten enough questions to have an idea of when you'll start the game? And if you pick someone's question do they get a reserved spot in your game?
I have 18 questions so far. I will give it a little while longer.
Old 08-22-13, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Answers received from:

DaveNinja
maxfisher
Kal-El
mrcellophane
davidh7877
Ash Ketchum
wishbone
Cabman Gray
Crocker Jarmen
taffer
bradler
orangecrush
sleepyhead55
Shannon Nutt
Damfino
AaronHernandez
fumanstan
Drexl
TheBang
mortalplague
cnicholls44
ivelostr2
Kal Varnsen
TheKing
Fist of Doom
dhmac
Obi-Wan Jabroni
ruddiger_718
Groucho

Last edited by Rockmjd23; 08-24-13 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-22-13, 09:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wheeeeeee! My question didn't suck! This will be my first sheep game, so I probably won't do too well.
Old 08-23-13, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok I have 20 now. I'll compile the list and post them in a little while, and I'll let any stragglers send one in until then.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.