Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) (D: Snyder; S: Gadot)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) (D: Snyder; S: Gadot)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-15, 02:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) (D: Snyder; S: Gadot)

Originally Posted by trespoochies
The takeaway from all this is that this Batman/Superman movie is gonna suck something fierce.
Avada Kedavra!
Old 01-10-15, 02:08 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I dunno, maybe they should bring ole' Harry Potter into this mix. Couldn't make it any worse.
Old 01-10-15, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
It's not that unusual for WB, they split up the Harry Potter franchise into multiple movies for some of the sequels. I never understood why they had pushed it back to 2016 in the first place.
The Deathly Hallows and other books adapted into two parts have been announced as being split initially though. In the case of Batman V Superman it seems like a change that's been made midway through production which strikes me as a somewhat troubling decision since they likely didn't intend on that being the case.
Old 01-10-15, 02:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by trespoochies
I dunno, maybe they should bring ole' Harry Potter into this mix. Couldn't make it any worse.
Well, magic does exist in DC with magician characters such as Constantine and Zatanna.

Originally Posted by Mike86
The Deathly Hallows and other books adapted into two parts have been announced as being split initially though. In the case of Batman V Superman it seems like a change that's been made midway through production which strikes me as a somewhat troubling decision since they likely didn't intend on that being the case.
We don't know if DC had planned two movies all along and was simply saving it as a surprise. Plus this is just a rumor at this point. It could be completely untrue. We simply do not know. It's not really wise to assume that DC is pulling this move out of their ass when there are so many variables at play. But I guess haters gotta hate no matter what.
Old 01-10-15, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

So many people refuse to have any optimism about this movie no matter what. It's like they WANT it to not be good.
Old 01-10-15, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by taffer
We don't know if DC had planned two movies all along and was simply saving it as a surprise. Plus this is just a rumor at this point. It could be completely untrue. We simply do not know. It's not really wise to assume that DC is pulling this move out of their ass when there are so many variables at play. But I guess haters gotta hate no matter what.
I don't believe that this was the plan all along. It makes no sense to announce it as one film initially but secretly hiding the fact that they were planning to make it two parts. If it was planned that way all along I'm almost positive they would have announced it that way so the film could be marketed as such. Especially if the first half is indeed slated for later this year.
Old 01-10-15, 02:26 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
So many people refuse to have any optimism about this movie no matter what. It's like they WANT it to not be good.
Honestly, I really want it to be good. Superfriends and DC comics were a vital part of my childhood. Even now my kids watch a lot of the DC cartoons and Justice League movies and shows. But this thread started from a strict Batman vs. Superman movie 196 pages ago to a Justice League movie. Nothing we've read indicates this production is going smoothly. I wish I could be optimistic, but at this point, I have little to no hope this will usher in the DC universe in the fashion it should. Or I prefer my prediction that it's just going to be a hot mess with little fun.
Old 01-10-15, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Maxflier
It's hard being optimistic when it seems like they're making one bone-headed decision after another constantly. It literally feels like they have no idea and are just throwing things at the wall in hopes that their decisions are right and will stick. I'm more of a DC fan but nothing about this project thus far gives me hope that they've got things together and will deliver a solid film.
Old 01-10-15, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Surprised to see all the negativity about the recent news!
Old 01-10-15, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 743 Likes on 368 Posts

Kill Bill was also split midway thru production.
Old 01-10-15, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's hard being optimistic when it seems like they're making one bone-headed decision after another constantly. It literally feels like they have no idea and are just throwing things at the wall in hopes that their decisions are right and will stick. I'm more of a DC fan but nothing about this project thus far gives me hope that they've got things together and will deliver a solid film.
This. Man of Steel was the definition of mediocre. How are we supposed to give the benefit of the doubt that these same people are creating some amazing cinematic universe?

If the movie is good, then they'll get me to think they can compete with Marvel. But Mike is right, it comes off as they're just tossing any idea possible out there and seeing what works and what doesn't. It comes off as incredibly haphazard.
Old 01-10-15, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Well those films had mixed reactions and I have a lot more faith in Tarantino making a change like that midway through versus Snyder doing it.
Old 01-10-15, 03:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
Surprised to see all the negativity about the recent news!
It's not even really news. It's just a rumor. It's always hilarious to watch people get in such an uproar over a rumor.

I'm going to start a new rumor.

AQUAMAN IS GETTING A TRILOGY!

Source:

http://www.ihaveabridgetosellyougull...y_official.com

Now watch everyone get in an uproar.

"An Aquaman trilogy!? DC doesn't know what they're doing. They're just pulling shit out their ass. Blah blah fucking blah."
Old 01-10-15, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 01-10-15, 03:27 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

actually...that sounds like a good rumor to start. Just saying...
Old 01-10-15, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Well those films had mixed reactions and I have a lot more faith in Tarantino making a change like that midway through versus Snyder doing it.
They have 84 and 85% ratings on Rotten Tomatoes. I wouldn't call the reaction too mixed.
Old 01-10-15, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
No doubt once Harvey Weinstein realized that by milking his own personal King Midas' ego, he could squeeze twice the profits out of a single film. And I don't care what QT says, I paid twice, it's two films.
Old 01-10-15, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
They have 84 and 85% ratings on Rotten Tomatoes. I wouldn't call the reaction too mixed.
I'm not saying they aren't somewhat popular and I myself like them, but I know when they came out (and even somewhat now) that a lot of people viewed Volume 1 as a better film with better pacing and whatnot whereas Volume 2 is viewed as more slow and uneven in comparison. Plus like I said those films were directed by Quentin Tarantino who's probably one of the best modern directors. If anyone would be able to make a change like that midway through production and succeed it'd be him. Zack Snyder is a so-so director at best and if there's any truth to this rumor about Batman V Superman being split midway through production I'm not sure he's a strong enough director to be able to pull off two films especially if it wasn't the initial plan.

Last edited by Mike86; 01-10-15 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-10-15, 05:20 PM
Banned

They should split it into seven movies.

Batman V Superman
Batman V Flash
Batman V Green Lantern
Batman V Wonder Woman
Batman V Aquaman
Batman V Cyborg

Then the ultimate showdown:

Batman V Batman
Old 01-10-15, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by taffer
They should split it into seven movies.

Batman V Superman
Batman V Flash
Batman V Green Lantern
Batman V Wonder Woman
Batman V Aquaman
Batman V Cyborg

Then the ultimate showdown:

Batman V Batman
Brilliant.
Old 01-10-15, 05:44 PM
Banned

Batman & The Justice League Minus The Justice League
Old 01-10-15, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd watch that.
Old 01-10-15, 05:50 PM
Banned

I am kind of surprised DC hasn't done a Batman Incorporated movie with a whole bunch of Batmen running around kicking ass. That would make more sense and be a financially safer movie than Suicide Squad.

We have an army.
We have a Hulk Batman.
Old 01-10-15, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Batman V Marvel.
Old 01-10-15, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
No doubt once Harvey Weinstein realized that by milking his own personal King Midas' ego, he could squeeze twice the profits out of a single film. And I don't care what QT says, I paid twice, it's two films.
I'm sure they still saved more money splitting it up compared to two separate productions but it's a bit more complicated than just getting a free bonus movie out of it. The Salkinds were the first ones to try it with their Musketeer movies and they were promptly sued and now contracts require that everyone be paid again if the decision is made retroactively.

So when they double the salary of everyone involved and have to promote and distribute another film it's not as if they're laughing all the way to the bank with your ticket money.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.