Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

We're the Millers (2013) (D: Thurber; S: Sudeikis, Aniston, Helms, Roberts, Offerman)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

We're the Millers (2013) (D: Thurber; S: Sudeikis, Aniston, Helms, Roberts, Offerman)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-13, 11:17 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: We're the Millers (2013) (D: Thurber; S: Sudeikis, Aniston, Helms, Roberts, Offer

The reviews so far have been pretty bad, the most talked about thing about the movie is Jennifer Aniston's great body in striptease scenes. Kind of disappointed I guess I'll wait for it to hit HBO. At least Sudekis has Applebees commercials.
Old 08-07-13, 12:52 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: We're the Millers (2013) (D: Thurber; S: Sudeikis, Aniston, Helms, Roberts, Offer

The MPAA rating lists explicit nudity. Anyone who's seen it care to share what that might be? Is it man parts?
Old 08-07-13, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet
The MPAA rating lists explicit nudity. Anyone who's seen it care to share what that might be? Is it man parts?
Fuck, I hope it's Jen Aniston, but that's probably wishful thinking that she even shows her tits and ass.
Old 08-07-13, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,295 Likes on 2,114 Posts

I haven't seen it yet so it's just speculation on my part but when I saw that listed on the ad the first thing I thought was a scene or two with Jennifer Aniston wearing a bra and panties in a strip club surrounded by no name strippers who are actually nude for a scene or two. Whether that classifies as "explicit" by the MPAA I don't know.
Old 08-07-13, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, it is man parts. Although Jennifer Aniston's strip scene was pretty good and her clothes were very skimpy.
Old 08-07-13, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,039 Likes on 823 Posts

There are cock and balls in the red band trailer, so I assume that is it.
Old 08-07-13, 09:29 AM
Suspended

There's a lesbian sex scene between Jennifer Aniston and Emma Roberts.
Old 08-07-13, 01:21 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I might get dragged to see this. Ugh. At least I won't pay for it. I don't mind going to see a bad movie or a movie I don't give a fuck about too much if I didn't pay for it.
Old 08-07-13, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 796 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
I might get dragged to see this. Ugh. At least I won't pay for it. I don't mind going to see a bad movie or a movie I don't give a fuck about too much if I didn't pay for it.
You could always just pretend to be sick and leave in the middle again, and go see something you do want to watch.
Old 08-07-13, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I enjoyed it.

It isn't laugh out loud hilarious, but it's funny for most of the film's running time. If you go in expecting that you're about to watch a film that opens on a reel of YouTube's funniest moment and ends with an outtake reel (with an amazing one at the very end), you'll dig it.
Old 08-07-13, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a big Sudekis fan, and had a blast with this movie. He's in full Chevy Chase mode in the best way, very smarmy and sarcastic. Tons of fun cameos. I had a lot more fun watching this than The To-Do List. I'm not much of an Aniston fan, but she wasn't overwhelming in this. Hahn and Offerman are enjoyable as always. I'll probably see it again this weekend.
Old 08-07-13, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,310 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
I enjoyed it.

It isn't laugh out loud hilarious, but it's funny for most of the film's running time. If you go in expecting that you're about to watch a film that opens on a reel of YouTube's funniest moment and ends with an outtake reel (with an amazing one at the very end), you'll dig it.
Agreed. And that last bit of the gag reel was nicely played.
Old 08-07-13, 01:47 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
You could always just pretend to be sick and leave in the middle again, and go see something you do want to watch.
I'm too honorable when it comes to it. If I slipped into another movie, I didn't pay for it. It's not a BIG deal to my overall ethics but it's kind of shitty to have one film get your spot of money, regardless if you actually paid for it. And then this other film doesn't get your spot of it. I know, kind of stupid in a way but I like to be responsible in the case of films.
Old 08-07-13, 02:15 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I had wondered what had happened to Will Poulter - since he was great in 'Son of Rambow' - it's strange to hear him without his British accent.
Old 08-07-13, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 796 Likes on 384 Posts

I'm too honorable when it comes to it. If I slipped into another movie, I didn't pay for it. It's not a BIG deal to my overall ethics but it's kind of shitty to have one film get your spot of money, regardless if you actually paid for it. And then this other film doesn't get your spot of it. I know, kind of stupid in a way but I like to be responsible in the case of films.
I was just making reference to the story you told about John Carter, when I do believe that you paid for a second ticket to see John Carter (because you didn't pay for the first one).
Old 08-07-13, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Giles
I had wondered what had happened to Will Poulter - since he was great in 'Son of Rambow' - it's strange to hear him without his British accent.
I was surprised to see that that was him grown up. He was fantastic in Son of Rambow.
Old 08-07-13, 10:43 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
I was surprised to see that that was him grown up. He was fantastic in Son of Rambow.
yeah, he was featured on Access Hollywood the other night talking at the premier of the movie, and I had a total "OH!" moment.
Old 08-07-13, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I really wish people would stop comparing Jason Sudeikis to that unfunny, talentless load Chevy Chase.
There is no comparison.
Old 08-07-13, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I really wish people would stop comparing Jason Sudeikis to that unfunny, talentless load Chevy Chase.
There is no comparison.
Their styles are very similar. Chevy Chase hasn't been funny since the 80s, and was one of the funniest men of that generation, so I don't find it as a bad thing.
Old 08-08-13, 06:29 PM
Suspended

Chevy Chase took a very weird turn with his career from being funny to being bitter, I always wondered what happened to him, I remember reading in the Live From New York book after he became successful he was a total prick and him and Bill Murray once got into a backstage fight about a half an hour before SNL was supposed to go on. Then another time he was introduced to Chris Rock and said something along the lines of "Unless you're Eddie Murphy I don't need to know you're name". Then he had his problems with Community so let's hope Sudekis is nothing like Chase.
Old 08-09-13, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe
Chevy Chase took a very weird turn with his career from being funny to being bitter, I always wondered what happened to him, I remember reading in the Live From New York book after he became successful he was a total prick and him and Bill Murray once got into a backstage fight about a half an hour before SNL was supposed to go on. Then another time he was introduced to Chris Rock and said something along the lines of "Unless you're Eddie Murphy I don't need to know you're name". Then he had his problems with Community so let's hope Sudekis is nothing like Chase.
That SNL book is so great. If I remember correctly, the fight actually happened during the broadcast, right before Chase was scheduled to do the Weekend Update.
Old 08-09-13, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I suppose the character with no name identified as "the virgin" will lose it to the Emma Robert character by the end of the film?
Old 08-09-13, 10:16 PM
Suspended

Get over it I'm sure Channing Tatum or Matt Damen will be fine. I do this all the time, one movie sucks I check the time of another on my phone walk and walk in, what you think I was going to sit there and watch The Change Up all the way through?
Old 08-09-13, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst113
I suppose the character with no name identified as "the virgin" will lose it to the Emma Robert character by the end of the film?
Spoiler Alert: No.
Old 08-09-13, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 404 Likes on 270 Posts

I don't know where all the negativity is coming from. I thought it was hilarious. Plenty of laugh out loud scenes. Good performances across the board. Aniston's bangin body. Just a real fun movie.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.