Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Horrible Bosses 2 (2014, Anders) S: Sudeikis, Bateman, Day, Aniston, Waltz, Pine

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Horrible Bosses 2 (2014, Anders) S: Sudeikis, Bateman, Day, Aniston, Waltz, Pine

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-14, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Re: Horrible Bosses 2 (2014, Anders) S: Sudeikis, Bateman, Day, Aniston, Waltz, Pine

Wow, 13%. I was gonna say the first only has a 69% and that's one of the funniest movies I've seen the past few years. It's a long drop from 69% to 13% though.
Old 11-24-14, 06:04 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Horrible Bosses 2 (2014, Anders) S: Sudeikis, Bateman, Day, Aniston, Waltz, Pine

jesus. I saw an ad on hulu and decided to check out the reviews cuz it was saying it was awesome and etc. Apparently it isn't that awesome.
Old 11-24-14, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Wow, 13%. I was gonna say the first only has a 69% and that's one of the funniest movies I've seen the past few years. It's a long drop from 69% to 13% though.
Maybe because it's just derivative of the first. I wasn't expecting them to reinvent the wheel as it is, so I'll take the reviews with a grain of salt for the time being. I've heard from a few people that it's pretty good.
Old 11-25-14, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Most of the reviews seem to state that it's tasteless. I enjoy tasteless comedy so I think I'll be alright.

"Puerile, ugly and painfully unfunny." TheWrap

"Lots of gags fly by, many of them in questionable taste (some downright offensive) and most of them unfunny." Seattle TImes

"Inane and incredibly tasteless ..." Variety

"If your answer to the question "When are rape jokes funny?" is anything aside from "never," the good news is that you may still find a lot to hoot over throughout the film." Slant
Old 11-25-14, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Sounds great to me. I love tasteless humor in movies too.
Old 11-26-14, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

Do you really need the first to get this one? Looking for a couples movie
Old 11-26-14, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

No, but there are plenty of jokes that reference the first one, so you wouldn't get those.
Old 11-27-14, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw this last night. The reviews are right on with the the raunchy, crude, and tasteless jokes, but if you enjoy that you will like the movie. The majority of our theater was laughing the entire time. Kevin Spacey was great in the little screen time he has. I was hoping for a little more comedy from Christoph Waltz, but the writers did not give him all that much to do. Ignore the reviews and go see it.
Old 11-27-14, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Do you really need the first to get this one? Looking for a couples movie
Originally Posted by Osiris3657
No, but there are plenty of jokes that reference the first one, so you wouldn't get those.
Yeah, I would agree. They don't use flashbacks or explain things so you would really enjoy it more if you saw the first one.

I enjoyed Pt2 a lot. The audience laughed a lot too. I wonder if it will do well enough for a third movie.
Old 11-28-14, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw this yesterday. I loved the first one, but this was pretty bad. The banter between Sudeikis and Day is pretty damn annoying. They wouldn't shut the F up. Few 'sorta' funny moments here and there, but that's about it. Oh well.
Old 11-28-14, 07:39 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the funniest bit was about teh shower daddy

otherwise it was chuckle worthy at best. wasn't horrible but... it really didn't do anything. Day and Sudeikis would not shut the fuck up.
Old 12-02-14, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier
I saw this last night. The reviews are right on with the the raunchy, crude, and tasteless jokes, but if you enjoy that you will like the movie. The majority of our theater was laughing the entire time. Kevin Spacey was great in the little screen time he has. I was hoping for a little more comedy from Christoph Waltz, but the writers did not give him all that much to do. Ignore the reviews and go see it.
Agreed. I enjoyed it for what it was.
Old 12-17-14, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really liked it. It's definitely crude, and there were some parts that cracked me up (the shower scene for one), but it's a pretty solid comedy.
Old 12-17-14, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I never really liked the first and found this to be a very large step up. I love Jennifer Aniston in this role. Your enjoyment will vary greatly if you like the banter between the three leads or not.

Last edited by RichC2; 12-20-14 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-09-15, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I didn't think this was anywhere as good as the first, but it was still mildly entertaining. I don't think it was significantly more tasteless then the first movie, nor was there anything that stood out as being in bad taste so i'm not sure why that was a big complaint from the reviewers. My biggest issue is that it seemed like Sudekis was as big of a moron this time around as Day. I haven't seen the first one in little while, but I recall him being more of a middle ground between the crazy Day and the straight man in Bateman, but in this case it was constantly Bateman dealing with both idiots.

It should have been a lot better then it was, given the cast.
Old 01-09-15, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Charlie Day went from dumb to dumber than his Always Sunny character in the sequel, and Sudekis went took over for Day in #1.

There was a lot of stupid going around.
Old 01-10-15, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
I never really liked the first and found this to be a very large step up. I love Jennifer Aniston in this role. Your enjoyment will vary greatly if you like the banter between the three leads or not.

Jennifer Aniston was on one of the late night shows a couple of weeks ago, think it was The Tonight Show, and she mentioned a deleted scene. She didn't want to use the word "rape" but she basically raped Charlie Day's character while he was in a coma. All sorts of different positions. Looking forward to that on the Blu-ray.
Old 01-12-15, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was talking to a buddy today about this movie and we both said how great the movie is. He than said that it was torn about by fans and critics and I don't see how.... its a wonderful movie!
Old 01-12-15, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by collven
Jennifer Aniston was on one of the late night shows a couple of weeks ago, think it was The Tonight Show, and she mentioned a deleted scene. She didn't want to use the word "rape" but she basically raped Charlie Day's character while he was in a coma. All sorts of different positions. Looking forward to that on the Blu-ray.
Was on the Conan show.