DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Favorite Quentin Tarantino film (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/607637-favorite-quentin-tarantino-film.html)

Fist of Doom 01-02-13 01:54 PM

Favorite Quentin Tarantino film

It's been a few years since we did this (and I fucked up the last one by not including a poll). Now that most have seen Django Unchained, what's your favorite Tarantino?

Why So Blu? 01-02-13 02:00 PM

Re: Favorite Quentin Tarantino film

Pulp Fiction. It's my #2 favorite film of all time.

Osiris3657 01-02-13 02:03 PM

Basterds

Hiro11 01-02-13 02:04 PM

I'm going to have to go with Basterds. Pulp Fiction at number deux.

asianxcore 01-02-13 02:27 PM

Jackie Brown

PopcornTreeCt 01-02-13 02:30 PM

Pulp

inri222 01-02-13 02:35 PM

Jackie Brown

Shannon Nutt 01-02-13 02:47 PM

If PULP wasn't part of his filmography, it would be a much harder choice.

Crocker Jarmen 01-02-13 02:48 PM

Pulp Fiction, I was 16 when it came out and the movie blew me away unlike any other. The way people a few years older then me describe what it was like seeing Star Wars when it first came out is how I feel about Pulp Fiction. It mixed throughout my young adulthood. I will never see another movie that will have the dramatic effect on me that Pulp Fiction did.

cungar 01-02-13 03:01 PM

Surprised at the love for Inglorious Basterds. I just don't see it as a groundbreaking or particularly great movie. Compared to the constant creative vibe of his early work I don't think there's any comparison.

Mabuse 01-02-13 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen (Post 11524387)
Pulp Fiction, I was 16 when it came out and the movie blew me away unlike any other. The way people a few years older then me describe what it was like seeing Star Wars when it first came out is how I feel about Pulp Fiction. It mixed throughout my young adulthood. I will never see another movie that will have the dramatic effect on me that Pulp Fiction did.

I was 16 as well when it came out and while I can attest to the fact that it blew my (and everyone elses) mind somehow its power has diminished over the years. Meanwhile Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown grow stronger every time I watch them.

bunkaroo 01-02-13 03:08 PM

Reservoir Dogs for me - saw it when it first hit home video. I liked Pulp Fiction but it did not have the impact on me that it did on many others.

bootsy 01-02-13 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt (Post 11524383)
If PULP wasn't part of his filmography, it would be a much harder choice.

Tarantino 01-02-13 03:26 PM

My favorite film is (and may well always be) Pulp Fiction. So yeah, that.

Meglos 01-02-13 03:34 PM

Jackie Brown without any hesitation.

musick 01-02-13 03:47 PM

Bring out the gimp
though results can change based on how I'm feeling on a particular day

ranking would probably be as follows

Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Inglourious Basterds
Kill Bill 1 & 2
Reservoir Dogs
Death Proof
Django Unchained

Ash Ketchum 01-02-13 04:01 PM

I saw KILL BILL VOL. 1 four times on the big screen when it came out. I've seen it many times on DVD since, esp. after I got hold of the Japanese cut. I've seen the others maybe twice each, except for the last two, which I've yet to see more than once, although I certainly will. (I want to see DJANGO again on the big screen before it leaves theaters.) So KBV1 it remains. Rarely has a film connected so directly to my cultural DNA.

nando820 01-02-13 04:08 PM

surprised to see more Jackie Browns than Kill Bills

IIG 01-02-13 04:39 PM

Pulp Fiction is my favorite movie of all time and literally changed my life, and view of movies in general, after my first viewing. I highly doubt any film will top it, let alone another Tarantino movie.

superdeluxe 01-02-13 05:04 PM

Jackie Brown. Loved that movie.

Mondo Kane 01-02-13 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen (Post 11524387)

Originally Posted by IIG (Post 11524540)
Pulp Fiction is my favorite movie of all time and literally changed my life, and view of movies in general, after my first viewing.

Strongly concur with these reactions. Though I'm sure Kill Bill (Especially vol-1) has had more repeat viewings from me, I still have to go with Pulp when all is said and done.

dhmac 01-02-13 06:00 PM

Given that Pulp Fiction will win this one easily, a more interesting poll would ask "What is your 2nd Favorite Tarantino movie?"

(Now if Pulp Fiction won that poll too, that would be strange)

Supermallet 01-02-13 06:04 PM

Inglorious Basterds, with Jackie Brown nipping at its heels.

auto 01-02-13 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by cungar (Post 11524394)
Surprised at the love for Inglorious Basterds. I just don't see it as a groundbreaking or particularly great movie. Compared to the constant creative vibe of his early work I don't think there's any comparison.

IB has some brilliant moments, as well as some that get a little too jokey for my taste.

riotinmyskull 01-02-13 06:41 PM

honestly this is like picking my favorite child...but i went with PULP FICTION.