Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

RIP Bubba Smith (Police Academy "Hightower")

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

RIP Bubba Smith (Police Academy "Hightower")

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-12, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: RIP Bubba Smith (Police Academy "Hightower")

Originally Posted by mcfly
Couldn't really a find a more appropriate thread but apparently they went Shaq to take over the role of Hightower in Police Academy 8. They want this thing to hit production in September.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1892...l-as-hightower

I really would've figure'd this a series Hollywood would think is ripe for a reboot, not a sequel with the original cast.

I actually enjoy all of the movies, so I'd welcome this for nostalgia more than anything. I wonder who they have in mind to replace Tackleberry.
I agree. This seems like a perfect candidate for a reboot. It's not like it's a "classic" or anything so only weirdos would get bent out of shape about a reboot. Just start over with a new cast and go ahead and throw Shaq in there.
Old 06-24-12, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfly
Couldn't really a find a more appropriate thread but apparently they went Shaq to take over the role of Hightower in Police Academy 8. They want this thing to hit production in September.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1892...l-as-hightower

I really would've figure'd this a series Hollywood would think is ripe for a reboot, not a sequel with the original cast.

I actually enjoy all of the movies, so I'd welcome this for nostalgia more than anything. I wonder who they have in mind to replace Tackleberry.
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/...y-produce.html

I did a thread a few years ago when the new Police Academy re-boot was initially announced. Did this thread not come up in a search? This is an odd bump to post news on the movie.

Bubba Smith rest his soul only died once.
Old 06-24-12, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I did a thread a few years ago when the new Police Academy re-boot was initially announced. Did this thread not come up in a search? This is an odd bump to post news on the movie.
It's his role being recast. Doesn't seem that odd.

And obviously I didn't see another thread. I wouldn't have posted in this otherwise.