Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Green Lantern Corps (2020) - News, Rumors, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Green Lantern Corps (2020) - News, Rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-17, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,249 Likes on 859 Posts
Re: Green Lantern Corps (2020) - News, Rumors, etc.

Is he the only fucking person working in Hollywood? For fuck's sake man ...
Old 01-12-17, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,684 Likes on 2,650 Posts

Looks like David Goyer is going to produce practically every future DC movie.

He's also writing and producing the Krypton TV Pilot for SyFy.

I'm not a David Goyer fanboy, but not all of his DC works have been bad. I know he's been getting a lot of shit for Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. He did good work on the Dark Knight Trilogy.

I liked his Constantine TV series on NBC before it got canned.

and Blade: The Series, which aired 10 years ago, was actually a decent TV adaptation. Unfortunately it was on a network that no one really watches for scripted TV.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-12-17 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-12-17, 09:59 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
He did good work on the Dark Knight Trilogy.
I think this is the only reason why they keep him. They think he's going to get it right again, which of course he won't at this point.
Old 01-13-17, 07:14 AM

Received 4,628 Likes on 3,134 Posts

Sterling K Brown
@sterlingkb1
Dear powers that be, if you are looking for someone to play John Stewart, I humbly submit my name. Namaste🙏🏿 #GreenLanternCorps https://twitter.com/jaybushman/statu...00971743809536
Old 01-13-17, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,368 Likes on 930 Posts

Make it happen DC
Old 01-13-17, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Looks like David Goyer is going to produce practically every future DC movie.

He's also writing and producing the Krypton TV Pilot for SyFy.

I'm not a David Goyer fanboy, but not all of his DC works have been bad. I know he's been getting a lot of shit for Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. He did good work on the Dark Knight Trilogy.

I liked his Constantine TV series on NBC before it got canned.

and Blade: The Series, which aired 10 years ago, was actually a decent TV adaptation. Unfortunately it was on a network that no one really watches for scripted TV.
Goyer only has a Story credit on the Dark Knight sequels. Nolan and his brother actually wrote those screenplays. The last time Goyer wrote a good screenplay was 2005 for batman begins. Which at this point looks like an out-lier.
Old 01-14-17, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,161 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by trespoochies
I think this is the only reason why they keep him. They think he's going to get it right again, which of course he won't at this point.
Plus honestly I attribute the success of The Dark Knight Trilogy more to the Nolan brothers than to Goyer. I think it shows that when he works with a less talented director like Snyder that his scripts aren't that strong. I'd like to see someone fresh get a chance to work on future DC films.
Old 01-15-17, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Goyer!?! Fucking come on, Warner!
It is really amazing how clueless Warner seems to be.
Old 01-15-17, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 367 Likes on 267 Posts

I'm fine with Goyer. I know there's lots of hate for him. But I've never been big on comics. I think I take it easier on the DCU than you guys.

Would love to see WB pluck someone like they did with Christopher Nolan. Denis Villeneuve just made that sized leap with Blade Runner 2049. Looking forward to see who they find to direct.
Old 01-20-17, 02:00 PM

Tom Cruise, Joel McHale, Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds, Armie Hammer, and Jake Gyllenhaal are on the shortlist of actors DC Entertainment is considering pursuing for the role of Hal Jordan in “Green Lantern Corps,” multiple people with knowledge of the project exclusively tell TheWrap.

The casting process is still in the very early stages, and there are no talks with any of the actors as of yet. DC is considering whether Reynolds, who played Jordan in the 2011 film “Green Lantern,” should return to the role, an insider told TheWrap. His superhero stock soared last year when he starred in “Deadpool.”

Cooper and Jared Leto auditioned for the 2011 film before it went to Reynolds, who appeared in “Green Lantern” alongside Peter Sarsgaard, Blake Lively, Mark Strong and Angela Bassett. Cooper was last seen in “War Dogs” for Warner Bros. Leto starred as The Joker in the studio’s “Suicide Squad.”

Cruise is particularly interesting because he has never played a comic-book superhero before, though he does anchor the “Mission Impossible” and “Jack Reacher” action franchises.

Gyllenhaal is a longtime fan favorite for the role and defended superhero movies last year at SXSW: “Superhero movies have inspired me. I remember when I saw ‘Thor” I was really inspired. There’s a reason for myth. They are so moving and so important…. Sometimes I’m in a scene playing what people might interpret as a sociopath and I’m thinking of ‘Thor,'” he said.

Hammer has trolled fans on social media about playing the role, including in Twitter interaction with actor Joe Manganiello, who will play Deathstroke in Ben Affleck’s Batman film. Hammer will next be seen in “Call Me By Your Name,” premiering at Sundance.

Warner Bros. has set David Goyer and Justin Rhodes to write the script for “Green Lantern Corps.” Goyer will produce while DC Entertainment President Geoff Johns and Jon Berg will executive produce, based on a treatment by Goyer and Johns.

One year ago, Johns confirmed that Green Lantern and the entire Green Lantern Corps will be joining the “Justice League” films.

“We’ve been to the bottom of the oceans, we’ve been to ancient Greece mythology, we’ve been to the past and future Flash, into the digital world with Cyborg, we still got to go to space,” the longtime writer of the comic book “Green Lantern” said. “So the Green Lanterns and the Green Lantern Corps will be coming to join the Justice League universe.”

The studio had no comment.
http://www.thewrap.com/hal-jordan-gr...-ryan-reynods/
Old 01-20-17, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They have to be joking about Reynolds right?
Old 01-20-17, 02:28 PM

I legit thought I was reading an article from 2009.
Old 01-20-17, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Keeping Reynolds actually makes sense to me, just because of his new "star power" after Deadpool. But yeah, I thought it was funny since I recalled Cooper being in consideration before and that they're going back to the same well.
Old 01-20-17, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I get that he has star power but come on. Not including the fact that he's starring as a Marvel character for a rival studio are they forgetting how much of a bomb the first Green Lantern film was? Plus the fact that Reynolds himself has made fun of it. With the acclaim Deadpool received I don't see any way he'd be willing to do this instead.
Old 01-20-17, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 824 Likes on 696 Posts

After Deadpool, I don't want him anymore as GL.

I think Joel McHale would be an interesting pick. Armie Hammer wouldn't be a poor choice. The Tom Cruise mention has to be some kind of in-joke by the publicity agent to mess with fans' heads.
Old 01-20-17, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I get that he has star power but come on. Not including the fact that he's starring as a Marvel character for a rival studio are they forgetting how much of a bomb the first Green Lantern film was? Plus the fact that Reynolds himself has made fun of it. With the acclaim Deadpool received I don't see any way he'd be willing to do this instead.
The way actors sign superhero movie deals and contracts, i'd be surprised if the studio didn't have an option on him.

I don't really care to keep him as Hal myself, i'm just saying i'm not surprised that it would be under consideration.
Old 01-20-17, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

I wouldn't mind seeing Reynolds back in the role. He wasn't the problem with the first one. I don't think they'll go that route mainly because Warner wouldn't want people thinking the first GL movie is connected to their new universe. Film reboots generally mean new cast (unless you're Dame Judi Dench).

I think Arnie Hammer would bring something interesting to the role.
Old 01-20-17, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Reynolds wasn't that great of a choice as Hal Jordan that I'd like to see him give it a second shot if Warner was actually serious. I just don't see how they'd seriously consider asking him to consider coming back after how bad the first film was. The odd thing is that they didn't ask Bale back to reprise a role from a successful series of films but throw out Reynolds as a possible choice for this film.
Old 01-20-17, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Reynolds just got his career back on track so I can't see him being too excited to revisit WB/DC, especially when their reviews are still pretty cold.

Given how WB casts, I bet they will give the role to the biggest name they find available.
Old 01-20-17, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,368 Likes on 930 Posts

yeah, i did a double take when reading Reynolds up there.
Old 01-20-17, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,249 Likes on 859 Posts

One year ago, Johns confirmed that Green Lantern and the entire Green Lantern Corps will be joining the “Justice League” films.

“We’ve been to the bottom of the oceans, we’ve been to ancient Greece mythology, we’ve been to the past and future Flash, into the digital world with Cyborg, we still got to go to space,” the longtime writer of the comic book “Green Lantern” said. “So the Green Lanterns and the Green Lantern Corps will be coming to join the Justice League universe.”
Uhhhh ... Space is the only one of those we have been to so far (in the original GL). None of the rest of those have happened yet.

This is the problem with the DC films so far: they aren't telling interesting stories, they are checking items off a check list.

Last edited by Abob Teff; 01-20-17 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-21-17, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah and they act like those films have already happened and were well received or something. They get too ahead of themselves planning into the future when they've got a lot of projects that seem like they're in limbo.
Old 03-01-17, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts

"That is something that's really enticing, but more so because it puts my face in front of more people, who will want to [then] come and see a movie, like Moonlight, that I really care about," Rhodes, 27, told MTV News about the prospect of joining a superhero franchise.

When asked if he'd heard anything about the possibility of playing Green Lantern, the actor grinned and coyly — very, very coyly — responded, "I don't know."

That sly smile speaks for itself.
http://www.mtv.com/news/2988331/trev...green-lantern/

No big news, but wouldn't surprise me if he is being seriously looked at to play John Stewart.
Old 05-10-17, 06:15 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Reynolds wasn't that great of a choice as Hal Jordan that I'd like to see him give it a second shot if Warner was actually serious. I just don't see how they'd seriously consider asking him to consider coming back after how bad the first film was. The odd thing is that they didn't ask Bale back to reprise a role from a successful series of films but throw out Reynolds as a possible choice for this film.
Just give us Mark Strong again as Sinestro. What a missed opportunity in not allowing him to be the primary villain in the first movie. That over the floating death cloud from the sewers of space - with brown color.

Old 07-03-17, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts

Green Lantern Corps Director & Character Details Possibly Revealed

According to a new report, Rise of the Planet of the Apes director Rupert Wyatt is Warner Brothers’ choice to helm the DC Extended Universe film Green Lantern Corps. The superhero blockbuster, as previously reported, will feature both the Hal Jordan and John Stewart characters as its leads.

According to an exclusive scoop from ThatHashtagShow, Warner Brothers wants Wyatt to direct Green Lantern Corps – a film described by the site as “Lethal Weapon in space”. The site re-affirms that the movie will feature both Hal Jordan and Jon Stewart, the two most popular versions of the Emerald Crusader, as Jordan teaches Stewart how to become a defender of Earth for the Green Lantern Corps. Casting has not started for the two roles, but the studio is supposedly looking for someone ages 39 to 50 for Jordan and 21 t0 30 for Stewart. Like in the comics, the studio is looking to cast an African-American for Stewart, who was a sniper in the military before being recruited for the Green Lanterns.
http://screenrant.com/green-lantern-...or-characters/

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.