Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Mondo/Alamo Drafthouse Screen Printed Movie Posters

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Mondo/Alamo Drafthouse Screen Printed Movie Posters

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-12, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts
Re: Mondo/Alamo Drafthouse Screen Printed Movie Posters

Thanks. Doug didn't comment on the poster, but Ashley thought it was beautiful. I hesitated having her sign on Kirsty's hair, but that's what someone on Expresso Beans had done and I figured it was a good way to save space for other sigs (hopefully Clare Higgins and Andrew Robinson will make it to my area one day). From her expression, I could tell she recalled signing one in the same spot before.

Nicholas asked where I'd gotten it and mentioned he'd seen a couple and (if I recall correctly) had met the guys who put it together. He wasn't sure about signing in gold and tried to test the marker first, but I wanted his signature to match Doug's. He asked before adding the Chatterer caricature, but I was more than happy for him to draw it on there.
Old 09-30-12, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

If anyone on here got the Dredd poster please post the pics up. I'll buy it from you too.
Old 09-30-12, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't been able to make much of anything for a few months now. But I was happy to finally get out and get the Craig Drake Blade Runners and Looper and Dredd. Nice stuff.

The Brandenburg stuff as stunning in person. Has to be seen to be appreciated. Mondo might just be the wrong venue . . . At this time anyway. I have no doubt there are fine art collectors out there that would drop that sort of coin on meticulously alterered movie posters. It's really nearly seamless what he does.
Old 10-12-12, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Not from Mondo, but love the design. T-shirt design creator Ript Apparel has gotten into the print/iphone case/coaster business now. I couldn't pass this one up.

Old 10-22-12, 12:40 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,186 Likes on 837 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob
This great for $10. It will go fast as it has a 77 run and was hidden on Kingdom of Nonsense (you had to follow a link on Twitter).

Seven Samurai 12 X 18.

http://kingdomofnonsense.bigcartel.c.../seven-samurai

Spoiler:

Originally Posted by SomethingMore
Awesome. I ordered one!

Less than 10 in stock now.

edit: SOLD OUT.
Almost a year later, and I never got this. I contacted Jay Shaw a bunch of times (he printed and shipped it for Kevin Ang) and he gave me some bullshit about how he had it on his desk, ready to ship. Now that Shaw is regularly selling his own prints on Mondo, he clearly couldn't care less, as much as he pretended to care in the emails he sent me. The last response was, "Refund sent. Very sorry about that. It's been kind of a mess over here with getting back orders out. Catching up this week.
I'll still be sending your poster but at least now you won't feel like you wasted any money. "

That was in March. I can't really complain, since I got the refund, but that wasn't the point. It was a beautiful piece of art (in my opinion) made by another artist, and he had an obligation to fulfill the orders. I know Navinabob got his, as did most Americans, but Shaw fucked up the international orders and never made up for it.

I'll never order a Jay Shaw print, that's for sure.

/rant.

edit: Score! Saw one on eBay for $100 plus shipping. Figured that was too much... so I posted on the site where it was originally listed... got a used print for $45 shipped. I just hope it shows up.

Last edited by Dan; 10-22-12 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-22-12, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Dusty Abell has completed a poster featuring a gang shot of over 100 characters and ships from Star Trek (original series).

Not Mondo, but might be of interest to some.

http://dusty-abell.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5ihg4k
Old 10-28-12, 02:09 AM

Location: Stuck in traffic on the 5 fwy somewhere in Los Angeles
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Finally broke through... got my first Mondo print:

Question for those Mondo veteran experts out there, at the time it said "one per household" obviously I wouldn't be able to purchase multiples of the same poster but, like in this case there were two versions... the regular and this variant... would I be able to purchase one of each at the same time, or would that void the transaction (trying to buy many different posters in the same transaction that is)?
Old 10-28-12, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hal9000
Question for those Mondo veteran experts out there, at the time it said "one per household" obviously I wouldn't be able to purchase multiples of the same poster but, like in this case there were two versions... the regular and this variant... would I be able to purchase one of each at the same time, or would that void the transaction (trying to buy many different posters in the same transaction that is)?
Congrats! Love Mike Mitchell!

The "one per" rule is in regards to 1 of each particular print. Meaning you would be able to get 1 of each different individual print, including variants. It gets a bit risky on high profile drops to try and get both copies and can sometimes lead to you getting shutout on both, but it is definitely possible. For instance I grabbed both Foghorn Leghorn prints during that same drop as the Iron Giant and both Shaun of the Deads this last week. Just gotta be quick!
Old 10-28-12, 03:10 PM
Cool New Member

Got three new Mondo posters recently:

- Dredd 3D
- Shaun of the Dead regular
- Halloween regular
Old 10-31-12, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got this from a contest from the UK, signed by the artist. #d 2/10 Willing to sell/trade

Old 10-31-12, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by superfro
Congrats! Love Mike Mitchell!

The "one per" rule is in regards to 1 of each particular print. Meaning you would be able to get 1 of each different individual print, including variants. It gets a bit risky on high profile drops to try and get both copies and can sometimes lead to you getting shutout on both, but it is definitely possible. For instance I grabbed both Foghorn Leghorn prints during that same drop as the Iron Giant and both Shaun of the Deads this last week. Just gotta be quick!
Thanks SUPERFRO! I wanted to try and nab both Iron Giant prints but at the time I didn't want to jeopardize the "variant" version that I had in my cart. That being said, do you have to go through the check out process individually with each print or can you add the prints that you want and only have to check out once? Again, thanks... I'm new to this game. I've lost out on too many drops to mention and I was about to give up entirely... I still can't believe I was able to get one.
Old 11-01-12, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hal9000
Thanks SUPERFRO! I wanted to try and nab both Iron Giant prints but at the time I didn't want to jeopardize the "variant" version that I had in my cart. That being said, do you have to go through the check out process individually with each print or can you add the prints that you want and only have to check out once? Again, thanks... I'm new to this game. I've lost out on too many drops to mention and I was about to give up entirely... I still can't believe I was able to get one.
Checking out individually will take more time, but will be a better guarantee of at least coming out with something. You are able to do regs/variants/additional prints on one order, but run the risk of one or all of them selling out before you complete the order process while adding them to your cart. For instance if you add one thing and are waiting 10-15 seconds for the variant to be added to the store or something. While you're waiting the one you already added may very well be selling out. (Basically there's no right/wrong way to do it. A lot of it is situational on how things are put up, interest level, amount of things going up, etc. It requires 80% know-how but that other 20% is luck, and it can go either way.)

If you are able to get a few things through separate orders you can also email Mondo to have them combined in the same shipment. They're usually more than happy to oblige and you get refunded the shipping cost once they're sent.
Old 11-03-12, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by superfro
If you are able to get a few things through separate orders you can also email Mondo to have them combined in the same shipment. They're usually more than happy to oblige and you get refunded the shipping cost once they're sent.
Thanks again, superfro! This info helps tremendously.
Old 11-14-12, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Old 11-23-12, 10:31 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Managed to score one of these just now.
Old 11-23-12, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like the Psycho one, but it would have been even better with a shadow in the window.
Old 11-23-12, 07:44 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by achau9598
I like the Psycho one, but it would have been even better with a shadow in the window.
Spoiler:
Only if he wasn't already standing outside... right?
Old 11-23-12, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Managed to score one of these just now.
Congrats! I already regret passing on these this morning. Was able to grab the Olly Moss Bride print though, so at least there's that.
Old 11-24-12, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are there any sites where you can just purchase these types of posters, without the limited edition collectibility factor? Interested in buying posters but not really concerned with the rare and expensive prints on here (as cool as they are).

Not allposters.com. Something in the middle if that makes sense.
Old 11-25-12, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by auto
Are there any sites where you can just purchase these types of posters, without the limited edition collectibility factor? Interested in buying posters but not really concerned with the rare and expensive prints on here (as cool as they are).

Not allposters.com. Something in the middle if that makes sense.
I think they're only licensed to do limited editions in specific quantities.

But I'm in the same boat as you. I'd like to have some of the Stout posters (Blade Runner, Kill Bill, The Thing, etc) but I don't like them well enough to chase them down and they're also too big for my needs. I'd like to have some of them in a smaller size, like 11 x 14 or 12 x 18, so more of them would fit in my theater room, and in an unlimited edition so I could just get the ones I wanted with little effort.
Old 11-25-12, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Spoiler:
Only if he wasn't already standing outside... right?
I think that my first reaction to the poster was this

Old 11-25-12, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by achau9598
Got my Englert "This is my Farm" back from the framers (Hobby Lobby) a few weeks ago .. I think it came out nicely

How much was the frame up? And what kind of glass?
Old 01-04-13, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Picked up one of these on the secondary market (only a $6 mark up!).

I am thinking brushed aluminum frame.

On a side note, seems like the bottom is falling out on the mondo market. Anyone looking for a non-stout, non-moss, now might be the time. Or I could just be imagining things...
Old 03-06-13, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Has anyone here been picking up the soundtracks on vinyl that Mondo has been releasing? Just got my copy of Poltergeist in the mail. I lucked out and scored a copy that had the randomly inserted clear vinyl.
Old 03-06-13, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Has anyone here been picking up the soundtracks on vinyl that Mondo has been releasing? Just got my copy of Poltergeist in the mail. I lucked out and scored a copy that had the randomly inserted clear vinyl.
You got a clear one??? Lucky!! My copy arrived the other day, but I received the standard black vinyl.

In the process of a making a trade and will be scoring the Drew Struzan 'The Thing' poster as a result.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.