Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Mondo/Alamo Drafthouse Screen Printed Movie Posters

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Mondo/Alamo Drafthouse Screen Printed Movie Posters

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-11, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Mondo/Alamo Drafthouse Screen Printed Movie Posters

Tyler Stout Star Wars hung by Chewbaccacabra, on Flickr

Got my Regular Star Wars Stouts hung finally. Will be doing Kill Bill sometime this summer. As soon as I clean my desk i will show off the Horkey True Grit above it. Took so long because to hang these guys because I wanted to get solar screens on the office windows.

By the way if you haven't heard the Metal Robocop and The Thing print went for $2K+ on eBay yesterday. Doubt I will be going back and collecting more Stouts.
Old 06-23-11, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey gang,

This might seem kind of random, but I think I'm ready to begin collecting some of these Mondo prints, especially anything by Tyler Stout. (Or if anyone has it, Martin Ansin's "Bride of Frankenstein") Only thing is, I'm super broke right now. Not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but I'd be happy to trade discs with any of you guys who are willing to part with prints (I have a *huge* collection of Criterion Blu's.) Send me a PM if you have anything you'd be willing to part with!
Old 06-23-11, 11:31 AM

I just saw your post on the Facebook page! I'd say this is the proper place to post since the Stout/Mondo posters are so specific a want item, but what do I know? Not much. You have any of the OOP Criterions? Might be better to outright sell them and start searching for what you want.
Old 06-23-11, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by MBoyd
I just saw your post on the Facebook page! I'd say this is the proper place to post since the Stout/Mondo posters are so specific a want item, but what do I know? Not much. You have any of the OOP Criterions? Might be better to outright sell them and start searching for what you want.
Thanks for the advice, man. I do have a couple of 'em, like "The Man Who Fell to Earth" and "The Third Man," but I'd prefer to hang on to 'em unless a really good trade opportunity came up. I'm not looking to get rid of my entire collection or anything, just for ways to work around my poverty. I realize it's probably a long shot to find people who are willing to trade Blu's for prints, but I figured I'd give it a try.
Old 06-23-11, 02:48 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Mondo prints going up at a random time Friday, 6/24:

Poster by Martin Ansin. 24"x34" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 340. Printed by D&L Screen Printing. $45

Poster by Martin Ansin. 24"x34" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 120. Printed by D&L Screen Printing. $65
Old 06-23-11, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tarantinoholic
Hey gang,

This might seem kind of random, but I think I'm ready to begin collecting some of these Mondo prints, especially anything by Tyler Stout. (Or if anyone has it, Martin Ansin's "Bride of Frankenstein") Only thing is, I'm super broke right now. Not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but I'd be happy to trade discs with any of you guys who are willing to part with prints (I have a *huge* collection of Criterion Blu's.) Send me a PM if you have anything you'd be willing to part with!
Stout's mondo posters tend to fetch a pretty high price. You're best just watching and trying to get anything new that mondo puts out as opposed to trying get some of the older posters.

I miss when these things weren't sold out in minutes. I still remember it being relatively easy for me to grab my Il Grande Lebowski Stout print and that wasn't all that long ago. Now one just went on ebay for over $800, that's insane. I can't believe I have something that expensive hanging on my wall.
Old 06-23-11, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by takingchase
Stout's mondo posters tend to fetch a pretty high price. You're best just watching and trying to get anything new that mondo puts out as opposed to trying get some of the older posters.

I miss when these things weren't sold out in minutes. I still remember it being relatively easy for me to grab my Il Grande Lebowski Stout print and that wasn't all that long ago. Now one just went on ebay for over $800, that's insane. I can't believe I have something that expensive hanging on my wall.
Love some of these posters but no way I'd pay $800 for one. I think following them on twitter is the best bet in getting them at retail price. But what's the strategy on really securing one, do they announce on twitter the date and time or do you have to constantly refresh the page the whole day and test your luck?
Old 06-23-11, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by matrixrok9
Love some of these posters but no way I'd pay $800 for one. I think following them on twitter is the best bet in getting them at retail price. But what's the strategy on really securing one, do they announce on twitter the date and time or do you have to constantly refresh the page the whole day and test your luck?
Well back when I got il grande lebowski at retail it was just a matter of paying attention the day it dropped. It never used to sell out in seconds so you could be late to the party and still grab a copy.

These days I have mondo's twitter updates sent directly to my phone, I find that's the best way rather than refreshing it all day on the computer.
Old 06-24-11, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Was able to score a Cronos Variant. First Mondo release I've gotten in quite a while.
Old 06-25-11, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by takingchase
Well back when I got il grande lebowski at retail it was just a matter of paying attention the day it dropped. It never used to sell out in seconds so you could be late to the party and still grab a copy.

These days I have mondo's twitter updates sent directly to my phone, I find that's the best way rather than refreshing it all day on the computer.
I do this too, but I tend to get the Twitter message on my phone delayed a bit, so I always have 2 messages come in at the same time. One is a "On Sale" post and the other is the "Sold Out" post. Luckily, there hasn't been anything from Mondo I've wanted lately.

Hopefully, this will be my next purchase:
Old 06-25-11, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by BambooLounge
I do this too, but I tend to get the Twitter message on my phone delayed a bit, so I always have 2 messages come in at the same time. One is a "On Sale" post and the other is the "Sold Out" post. Luckily, there hasn't been anything from Mondo I've wanted lately.
I've found the Twitter feed more useful for keeping up with what's coming out rather than when it's on sale. It's pretty hit-or-miss with whether or not the tweets go out in a timely fashion. Some days, there have been "Poster goes on sale in the next 1-3 hours"-type tweets and those are at least a guideline. Often, though, it's just "On sale now!" followed within five minutes by "Sold out!" Pretty useless, really.
Old 06-26-11, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by BambooLounge

Hopefully, this will be my next purchase:
any idea on when that bad boy goes on sale?
Old 06-27-11, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jmu878
any idea on when that bad boy goes on sale?
Unfortunately, no. I thought it was going to drop with the rest of the Quentin v Cohen Round 2 collection on Saturday and it didn't. I read that much of the print run of 50 sent to the gallery by the artist got damaged in transit. So who knows how many survived.

But, I think the artist has his own run of these that he will sell at some point, but I don't know where/when.
Old 06-27-11, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MBoyd
By the way if you haven't heard the Metal Robocop and The Thing print went for $2K+ on eBay yesterday. Doubt I will be going back and collecting more Stouts.
I remember being at the store seeing that metal Robocop and laughing when told it was $300 retail. Guess that WOULD have been a sound investment in 2009. LOL.
Old 06-27-11, 03:46 PM

Looks like there's a Mondo screen print Transformers 3 give away at the Arclight and then a variant sold on the website on Wednesday.

There's also a Tyler Stout cover for a Captain America comic Wednesday. I'd expect a print.

Old 06-29-11, 10:59 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Transformers sale is live.
Old 06-29-11, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy crap! Sold out in four minutes!!!
Old 07-07-11, 09:27 AM

There's an in store release tonight for another Texas Chainsaw Massacre print and variant wood print. It has yet to be revealed.

Biggest news ever next week from Mondo. The question is being asked "How can it be bigger than Star Wars?" Speculation runs from a Harry Potter series to a Marvel Comic Series.

And a very nice Rich Kelly Bottle Rocket Rolling Roadshow poster was revealed yesterday. I have a feeling these are going to mostly be sold at the screening.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfa..._night_scr.php
Old 07-07-11, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got excited when I saw the twitter update about a Bottle Rocket print, but then I saw the print.

I generally don't like prints covered with characters from the film, but especially when there is little likeness to the characters in the film. Who is that in yellow in the center? (sarcasm)
Old 07-07-11, 11:45 AM

Yeah Rich Kelly seems to have a love him or hate him style.
Old 07-07-11, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

available tomorrow online...

Old 07-09-11, 06:26 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Still can't find a good local source for 12x24 frames.
Old 07-09-11, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Michael's has one frame that I think is designed to display double LPs, and it's about 12.5" x 24.5. I have one of Doyle's Death Proof prints in it, and while it's not perfect, it's pretty good.
Old 07-09-11, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
You might have to make your own frame or matte it into a larger frame. 12x24 isn't a very common frame size.
Old 07-09-11, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
You might have to make your own frame or matte it into a larger frame. 12x24 isn't a very common frame size.
Ebay. Just bought a 12x24 for a concert poster and I couldn't be happier with it. Not bad at $20 shipped either.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.