Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Morning Glory

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-10, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Morning Glory

Originally Posted by RichC2
Naw. Neil Burger's The Lucky Ones only made $266k.
A real tragedy. The script is cliched and convenient to all hell (the tornado being the worst part), but I think all three lead performances really turned it into a minor gem, especially McAdams, who I thought was Oscar-worthy.
Old 11-17-10, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,805 Likes on 1,127 Posts

Heh, her profile(s) say she was like a competitive figure skater in Canada. That explains the nice ass.
Old 02-25-11, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Watched this today and liked it a lot. As others have said, it is predictable but excels thanks to the leads with McAdams probably giving one of her best performances. It had some good laughs mixed in with drama that felt real.

My only complaint, and it's a minor one, is the old joke where the guy asks the girl on a date and one of them states that they'll take things slow; we then jump cut to the two making out. Otherwise, the relationship between McAdams and Patrick Wilson was good enough and helped round out her character in showing her progression.

A- from me right now.
Old 02-26-11, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really liked this. Rachel McAdams and Harrison Ford were great. Very funny, if not really cliched. Film really got boosted by the performances and a great script.
Old 05-14-11, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Enjoyed this movie quite a bit. Will agree with Patman and give it a B. I probably would have gone with a B+ if not for the score. the music in several instances was annoying and/or intrusive
Old 05-14-11, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,805 Likes on 1,127 Posts

Heh, I liked this one too. The way it all panned out was cool.
Old 05-14-11, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

I got to thinking, and you know I think this is one of those movies that could conceivably spawn a TV spin-off that might actually work. Obviously you're not going to get this cast but the premise and the characters could easily be adapted. In fact, I think it would work better as an ongoing TV show, where there's room to explore various themes and character relationships beyond a singular, uniting plot. I'm imagining something between Murphy Brown and The Office. I think I'd take a chance on that show.
Old 05-14-11, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea this flick was great, only because of harrison ford
Old 05-15-11, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
I got to thinking, and you know I think this is one of those movies that could conceivably spawn a TV spin-off that might actually work. Obviously you're not going to get this cast but the premise and the characters could easily be adapted. In fact, I think it would work better as an ongoing TV show, where there's room to explore various themes and character relationships beyond a singular, uniting plot. I'm imagining something between Murphy Brown and The Office. I think I'd take a chance on that show.
Great idea. Anything that doesn't involve reality TV is a plus. With the Office winding down another workplace comedy would be a nice addition