Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Winnie the Pooh - 2011

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Winnie the Pooh - 2011

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-10, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Re: Winnie the Pooh - 2011

Originally Posted by Mabuse
Sorry, I'm not a Pooh fan here. Of all the Disney feature animation somehow he never seemed to fit in with the others. Most of the great Disney films have an "all ages" entertainment appeal, adults as well as children can enjoy Snow White or The Jungle Book. Pooh seems to only appeal to small children.

Is this the fourth Pooh movie in 10 years? Disney is Pooh crazy.

Isn't Disney in a rush to exploit the Pooh franchise as much as possible because their license to the characters is hanging by thread and the author's family have sued them repeatedly? Can someone fill me in on the whole story?

Also, has anyone seen the CG animated Pooh on the Disney channel? It is truely a crime.
But this is og Winnie the pooh here. Not that crappy cg pooh!
Old 11-12-10, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

This is bullshit. Andre Stojka has done Owl's voice for countless Pooh movies and episodes. Ken Sansom is Rabbit. These voices are going to sound wrong. Might as well make John Stewart Piglet.

My interest in this is minimal, at best.

Also, at the people thinking Disney would destroy decades of branded characters with some hip-hop/3D film.
Old 11-13-10, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

here's the second trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TErIFY0T9Ts

in all seriousness though, it looks good for a kids movie
I could see myself renting it after it comes out on dvd or bluray
Old 11-13-10, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Drexl
Wow, at first I pictured something with the characters as CGI against live-action, with them going out into the "real world," probably New York or Los Angeles.
That was my fear as well when I entered the thread.

This looks very good.
Old 11-13-10, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree this looks very good. Glad Disney is not doing the 3d crap. I probably won't see it, but it's good that kids today will have a chance to see this movie in theaters.
Old 11-14-10, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

Cool. I like Pooh.

Tigger moreso,though.
Old 11-14-10, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts

This looks like an actually pretty decent entry into the Pooh canon. I'll be sure to check this one out.
Old 11-14-10, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by milo bloom
Pooh canon.
hehe...poo cannon.
Old 11-14-10, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe this means we'll get The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh on Blu-ray when this one hits home video.

Originally Posted by toddly6666
hehe...poo cannon.
Old 11-14-10, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by toddly6666
hehe...poo cannon.
I'm more concerned with his desire for entry rather than the canon itself.
Old 07-17-11, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So no one has seen this one yet? I just came back and loved it. There was only one mother and kid in the show which was a relief. I just hope they did well enough at the box office. But it seems these kind of movies have strong legs on video release.
Old 07-17-11, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I watched it and it was very enjoyable. Just all around very adorable and sweet. I'm not a big Pooh fan but remember the show on TV when I was younger, which was really the last time I paid attention so it was weird for me to hear different voices on Rabbit or Piglet from what I last remembered. Seems like a terrible time to release it against Potter, and it seems like a very poor opening to me for a big Disney character.

Really cute and fun stories, and it's nice to see the traditional looking artwork and animation. Really short movie though, although the end credits are fun throughout that kind of extends it. I like Zooey Deschenel doing the theme song and the end song too.

I have a soft spot for poor Eeyore.
Old 07-17-11, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I have a soft spot for poor Eeyore.
I when Eeyore said "We're all gonna die down here" That line threw me off. I always thought kids movies usually don't say words like death, dying, kill etc.
Old 07-17-11, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,019 Likes on 842 Posts

Kids want to see it so we'll probably go at some point
Old 07-17-11, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Saw it yesterday and I really enjoyed how it captured the feel of the older versions with some new touches. I liked the nods to Christopher Robin's real world room (and the recreation of scenes during the credits using the toys) and the constant nods to the fact that this was a storybook being played out on the pages, as done in the 70's toons. I'll happily pick it up on BD (hopefully released with "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.")

The voices were off, but considering many of the original cast are dead, it was something that I could live with. It was a really short movie if that makes a difference for getting the most movie bang for your buck. I was surprised to see a 10:40 showing and get out by 12:05 (even with previews and a cartoon short before hand). I used free passes, so I was okay with that.
Old 07-18-11, 07:48 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I thought this was absolutely delightful. It was smart, funny, the songs weren't too bad, and it felt like a classic Disney cartoon. Kudos to the guys who directed this.
Old 07-19-11, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought this was great. It was short, but I don't mind that if it feels like the length served the story, which it did. My favorite part was when Owl hopped back into the pit after giving his speech to Piglet.
Old 07-19-11, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Taking the kid (3.5 years) to see this today, whole family is pretty excited for it.
Old 07-19-11, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Our family saw it last week, and we all enjoyed it alot.
Old 07-19-11, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Is the soundtrack available? I'd love to hear all the songs Zooey came up with.
Old 07-19-11, 09:26 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

I just like saying, "Pooh".
Old 07-28-11, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My sister and I took my five year-old to see this today. Only eight people in the theatre, including us. Glad they didn't have the sound as loud for the movie as they did for the trailers beforehand, which were blasting as usual. This is a nice, quiet movie for kids (and kids at heart). And the length, just over an hour, is perfect for the target audience. No problem with any kids getting restless before the end.

And I noticed in the end credits that John Cleese was the narrator...I thought to myself during the movie, "Gee, he sounds awfully familiar..."
Old 07-29-11, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I saw this opening day and forgot about the thread, otherwise I would've posted about it. The original was my favorite movie as a kid, bar none. I remember watching it all the time as a kid and my parents tell me I had the entire thing memorized. Needless to say it was a big part of my childhood, so I had high hopes for this one. I wasn't disappointed at all. It captured the charm, humor, and heart of the original. I definitely teared up a bit at times, just thinking about how I used to watch the movie as a kid and here I was, all grown up, watching a sequel. Had a lot of fun in the movie and can't wait to watch it again, hopefully back-to-back with the original.

Also, if you are still planning on seeing it, stick around after the credits.

Originally Posted by Roybq
The voices were off, but considering many of the original cast are dead, it was something that I could live with. It was a really short movie if that makes a difference for getting the most movie bang for your buck. I was surprised to see a 10:40 showing and get out by 12:05 (even with previews and a cartoon short before hand). I used free passes, so I was okay with that.
Actually, I thought for the most part the voices were great. Jim Cummings nailed Sterling Holloway's characterization of Pooh and sounded very similar to Paul Winchell's Tigger. The rest sounded just fine, and I really enjoyed Bud Luckey as Eeyore. In fact, the only one that bothered me was Craig Ferguson as Owl; at times his voice was a bit distracting in how dissimilar it was to Hal Smith's Owl.

Originally Posted by WallyOPD
My favorite part was when Owl hopped back into the pit after giving his speech to Piglet.
I kept saying to myself, "Owl can just fly out of the hole," so when they had him fly out and then back in I completely lost it.
Old 07-29-11, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Meant to post post-seeing impressions, but forgot to...

The kid loved the flick but got a little scared with the trippy 'Backsoon' sequence; found out that she loves physical comedy based on her laughs during the movie. As others have mentioned, the length of the movie was perfect.

As for myself and the wife, we laughed out loud 4 or 5 times during the movie (my favorite moment was the 'Piglet in the hive' sequence, although Owl flying out of the hole did make me chuckle).

Overall, very happy that we got to take the family out to see this and I'm sure we'll pick it up once it comes to the home market.
Old 08-03-11, 09:15 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I thought the whole sequence with Pooh and his friends stuck in the hole and Piglet trying to get them out was hysterical. no one here mentioned that a short film precedes the film: 'The Ballad of Nessie' which when viewed with 'Winnie' really makes the overall film experience thoroughly charming

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.