Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

X-Files 3 possibly on the way

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

X-Files 3 possibly on the way

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-10, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: X-Files 3 possibly on the way

Hi to all fellow X-Philes

While this is true and the script almost ready it is also no secret that 20th Century Fox has doubts about the 3rd installment of the X-Files movie. Since the second film didn't bring in the hoped millions of dollars, they just don't want to give the green light for production. They doubt that true fans would really ask for this. Truth is that we do. We need closure and are awaiting this Movie with lots of anticipation. So, to convince Fox network, I opened a petition towards this. Please all you X-Philes out there, go to the petition site link and sign it. OOps just tried to submit the post and am not allowed to post a URL, because i haven't posted a minimum of 30 replies yet Anyway, all X-Philes who are interested in signing please contact me anytime on my email address [email protected] and I will give you the link straight to the petition. You may find my site with the lik on Facebook too if you google give us the third installment of the X-Files movies.I don't know why they make it so complicated, but the third movie should really be worth your couple of extra minutes. Also forward the given petition link to all your friends and other X-Files fans you know. I need thousands and thousands of signatures, so Fox will allow Chris Carter and his crew to start shooting. We, all the loyal X-Philes as well as Chris and all our beloved Stars of this fantastic Sci-Fi hit deserve to have closure and knowledge of the truth. When the number of signatures is completed (hopefully soon), I will personally forward the list to 20th Century Fox-which is literally almost around the corner from where I live. In the meantime, sign the petition and invite many others to do the same. Together we will achieve our goal. Remember, everything is possible. I want to believe and so can you. Thank you all so much for all your support. All real X-Philes, Chris Carter and the X-Files crew and myself count on you...
Old 11-08-10, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts

The second movie I think was just released at the wrong time. Wasn't it the summer the Dark Knight came out? It felt more like a fall movie, I would love to see a third movie.
Old 11-08-10, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by paperhearts

While this is true and the script almost ready it is also no secret that 20th Century Fox has doubts about the 3rd installment of the X-Files movie. Since the second film didn't bring in the hoped millions of dollars, they just don't want to give the green light for production. They doubt that true fans would really ask for this. Truth is that we do. We need closure and are awaiting this Movie with lots of anticipation. So, to convince Fox network, I opened a petition towards this. Please all you X-Philes out there, go to the petition site link and sign it. OOps just tried to submit the post and am not allowed to post a URL, because i haven't posted a minimum of 30 replies yet Anyway, all X-Philes who are interested in signing please contact me anytime on my email address [email protected] and I will give you the link straight to the petition. You may find my site with the lik on Facebook too if you google give us the third installment of the X-Files movies.I don't know why they make it so complicated, but the third movie should really be worth your couple of extra minutes. Also forward the given petition link to all your friends and other X-Files fans you know. I need thousands and thousands of signatures, so Fox will allow Chris Carter and his crew to start shooting. We, all the loyal X-Philes as well as Chris and all our beloved Stars of this fantastic Sci-Fi hit deserve to have closure and knowledge of the truth. When the number of signatures is completed (hopefully soon), I will personally forward the list to 20th Century Fox-which is literally almost around the corner from where I live. In the meantime, sign the petition and invite many others to do the same. Together we will achieve our goal. Remember, everything is possible. I want to believe and so can you. Thank you all so much for all your support. All real X-Philes, Chris Carter and the X-Files crew and myself count on you...
Good luck but Online Petitions accomplish nothing.
Old 11-08-10, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I didn't like the 2nd one all that much, but I'd like for them to have a chance to redeem themselves.
Old 11-08-10, 06:57 PM

Yeah, petitions or any other efforts by the small clique of active philes left over aren't gonna do anything. Movies are made for mass audiences, not small groups of internet fanatics.
Old 11-08-10, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
I'd love for there to be a Millennium movie.
Seems to me that it might be a wee bit anti-climatic ten years after the fact.
Old 11-09-10, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I enjoyed the second movie quite a bit. It was a simple monster-of-the-week story that was the show's hallmark. Leave all this "mythology" crap alone- that was easily the weakest part of the series.
Old 11-09-10, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by paperhearts

good to know dvdtalk shows up very quickly when you google x-files, discussion lol
Old 11-09-10, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

The series itself started to fall apart around Season 6 or so, when its "made up as it goes along" mythology became so convoluted and obnoxious, many people stopped caring. Keeping the show alive when the two leads were gone was equally idiotic.
Old 11-09-10, 03:13 PM

Unless the plot involves Mulder and Scully time traveling back to the end of season five altering the time line and doing away with everything that followed I don't care anymore.
Old 11-09-10, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

if they made the third one as a big-invasion film, turned it into a tent-pole/event movie type project, and stamped the X-Files brand on it, i'm sure it would do as well as any other similar film.
Old 11-09-10, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
The series itself started to fall apart around Season 6 or so, when its "made up as it goes along" mythology became so convoluted and obnoxious, many people stopped caring. Keeping the show alive when the two leads were gone was equally idiotic.
Agreed.

But I think season seven was where it really started falling apart... though when they killed off the Syndicate in season six, it was a big warning sign.

Season seven had a lot of problems... it was Mulder's last full season and they really went nowhere with the mythology, except that awful reveal about Samantha's ultimate fate.

To me, it looks the problem there was that nobody knew what DD was going to do, so they just held the series in a holding pattern with a bunch of "funny" episodes while everyone waited to see what DD would decide to do. They started out by telling us Mulder was dying early in the season (which didn't really go anywhere) and ended the season with Mulder being abducted by a UFO.

Then, by season nine, they had pretty much replaced both Mulder and Scully's characters without closing out their arcs and conspiracy, and giving the new characters their own conspiracies to deal with (ie, the Super Soldier shit).

Captain Hindsight says that they should have closed up the whole conspiracy arc in season seven while they still had DD and GA full time. Then, if one or both wanted back, they could have taken the show in a new direction with one, both, or neither of them.
Old 11-09-10, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'd bet my left nut that a 3rd film will be made.
Old 11-09-10, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I enjoyed the second movie more when I watched it at home on blu. Would like to see one more film and be done w/ the series.
Old 11-09-10, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Yea. It was interesting to see a Mulder and Scully update. But I think a lot of the fan base is gone.

The first movie played on a larger, action-packed scale. The second was just like a cool, spooky, sci-fi-ey 2hr episode. Not that it was a bad thing. But I've seen that arc 200-or-so times, back when the series originally aired. In the vein of the show or now, the Fight the Future had some crazy-exciting and action-packed scenes.
Old 11-09-10, 09:26 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by troystiffler
But I think a lot of the fan base is gone.
They're not gone, they're waiting for XF3. -kd5-
Old 11-10-10, 08:20 PM

I enjoyed the second film much better on the second viewing. They had kept the plot to the movie secret so everyone thought it would have to do with the mythology -- when it turned out to be a monster of the week, it didn't meet my expectations and consequently I was a little disappointed. On second viewing, taking it as a standalone story, it was a great little movie.

I think interest in The X-Files still exists and the third movie could do well if they tell a good story building on the mythology. I will be there -- ticket in hand. (as long as it's not 3D)
Old 11-10-10, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Originally Posted by Tagit
I enjoyed the second film much better on the second viewing. They had kept the plot to the movie secret so everyone thought it would have to do with the mythology -- when it turned out to be a monster of the week, it didn't meet my expectations and consequently I was a little disappointed. On second viewing, taking it as a standalone story, it was a great little movie.
It's the same problem with the Star Trek The Next Generation movies.

Both tv shows ran for a long time, and when you have a MOVIE, you expect more than over-glorified mediocre season six episode stretched to two hours.
Old 11-10-10, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I think when I saw this picture and then heard the movie was about a bleeding priest, I saw it as a missed opportunity.

Last edited by gmanca; 11-11-10 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-11-10, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by yoshimi
Unless the plot involves Mulder and Scully time traveling back to the end of season five altering the time line and doing away with everything that followed I don't care anymore.
That's a far hackier idea than anything that happened post-Season 5.
Old 11-11-10, 01:25 PM
FuQ

Why? The last one was awful. I'm a fan. Nothing happened and Scully and Mulder didn't even spend time together. Just let it die.
Old 11-11-10, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why not just do a really good made for TV movie or even a 4 hour mini-series?
Old 11-11-10, 05:56 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by FuQ
Why? The last one was awful. I'm a fan. Nothing happened and Scully and Mulder didn't even spend time together. Just let it die.
They keep remaking all these ignorant damned movies these days because nobody seems to have an original idea anymore, the least they can do is let Mulder and Scully save the friggin' world...

-kd5-
Old 11-11-10, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by kd5
nobody seems to have an original idea anymore,
So making a second movie sequel to a show that was on the air for 9 years qualifies as an "original idea?"
Old 11-12-10, 01:45 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
So making a second movie sequel to a show that was on the air for 9 years qualifies as an "original idea?"
No, crafting a fitting finish to an unfinished story qualifies as an "original idea", not yet another remake of a movie that's already had it's time in the limelight. -kd5-