Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Movies You Like Only Because Somebody Is Hot

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Movies You Like Only Because Somebody Is Hot

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-10, 02:14 PM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Re: Movies You Like Only Because Somebody Is Hot

Originally Posted by porieux
Personally I would never watch a film for this reason.
Me neither - there are plenty of good movies that have hot women in them for me to waste my time with a movie I know to be bad just because someone hot is in it.

If in doubt, I can always watch La Belle Noiseuse again.
Old 10-27-10, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Dance with Me (1998): Very sappy romance movie and PG rated to top it off. But, Vanessa Williams was smoking hot in it and I loved the sexy dancing.

Love N' Dancing (2009): Another sappy romance, but Amy Smart was gorgeous in this and also looked ridiculously hot as the sexy teacher and dancer.

The Butterfly Effect 2 (2206): Erica Durance....Enough said.
Old 10-27-10, 02:20 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Number one for me by a long margin: Color of Night

Silly Basic Instinct wannabe, but damn does Jane March made it watchable.
Old 10-27-10, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Van Helsing for Kate Beckinsale.
Old 10-27-10, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd like to think I am above this and would never watch a movie just because I'm attracted to one of the stars...

Then I remember I own a copy of Pulse pretty much just because Kristen Bell is in it.
Old 10-27-10, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG
Number one for me by a long margin: Color of Night

Silly Basic Instinct wannabe, but damn does Jane March made it watchable.
Especially the lesbian scene with Lesley Ann Warren.
Old 10-27-10, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I was tempted on watching "Into the Blue" before but then I decided not to

Last edited by nando820; 10-27-10 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-27-10, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkRavenII
I shouldn't admit this but I've always been girl crazy. I watched movies, TV shows, watched cartoons, read comic books, played video games ,ect,. ect,. for the hot girls. That wasn't the only reason or all I got out of it. But it was a big reason and a drive to continue. Would a show like "The Nanny" be one of my favorites if Fran wasn't so sexy? I should like it for a lot of reasons. But sexy tops the list. Why was I so crazy about the Dead Or Alive games? The girls!

I enjoy all sorts of movies (always have) but I try to enjoy them now for more than something so simple as "she's hot!". But man oh man when someone like Grace Kelly is on screen it still drives me crazy. So a movie I would rate a 3 out of 10 may go up a few numbers just because of some hot girl in the film and what she was or not wearing.

I wish I could say I was better. But heck, just last night I was really excited over the hot girls in those Gamera movies. Steven Seagal 's little girl was hot!
From Barbara Stanwyck and Grace Kelly to Hilary Duff and the Olsen Twins...DarkRaven, you have just given us the dictionary definition of "catholic" taste.

You're an interesting cat. I'm gonna pay attention to you.

Just one question: What, no love for Megan Fox????
Old 10-27-10, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Goldstein was correct....

Old 10-27-10, 04:10 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I've seen that movie, and the only cast member I can remember is Katie Holmes.
Old 10-27-10, 04:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Die Another Day with Halle Berry
Old 10-27-10, 04:16 PM

Career Opportunities
Old 10-27-10, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

I shouldn't admit this but I've always been girl crazy. I watched movies, TV shows, watched cartoons, read comic books, played video games ,ect,. ect,. for the hot girls.
Vagina Repellant in bold
Old 10-27-10, 04:29 PM

You can also bold movies and tv shows, I suspect. Unless you watch HGTV and romantic comedies.
Old 10-27-10, 04:44 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by porieux
Personally I would never watch a film for this reason.
Yeah...not even...*thinking of a movie*....yeah...I can't think of any film w/ an attractive actress to literally make me enjoy it JUST cuz she's in there.
Old 10-27-10, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
Yeah...not even...*thinking of a movie*....yeah...I can't think of any film w/ an attractive actress to literally make me enjoy it JUST cuz she's in there.

I still need to get this on DVD...

I mean damn.. I put up with Willie Ames starring in this.
Old 10-27-10, 04:59 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

never heard of it. Trailer doesn't convince me on whatever it's quality is...lol...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lT1QPdCpx70?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lT1QPdCpx70?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 10-27-10, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

never heard of it. Trailer doesn't convince me on whatever it's quality is...lol...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lT1QPdCpx70?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lT1QPdCpx70?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
It was a rip-off of BLUE LAGOON (1980), the notorious Brooke Shields-and-some-teen idol-alone-on-an-island-as-kids movie which could NEVER get made today.
Old 10-27-10, 05:06 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice song sang by Phoebe Cates too

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R_udfgDOhEs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R_udfgDOhEs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 10-27-10, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoa! Ouch! (Someday I will learn to think before I post! XD ) Apparently I didn't specify the tense / time line. I was just trying to think of what fit this thread. I did have a list of movies and I was just going through it looking for what fit the topic. Let me try to clarify some of this.

Megan Fox? Meaning Transformers. She was not the selling point of the film for me. I didn't go see it for her. I went to see Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave ... oh, and those Autobots. Hot or not I just wanted to see more bots not her. So a lot of movies just couldn't make the list since they stand on their own or I didn't think of them at the time.

Barbara Stanwyck as in way back in Lady of Burlesque (also known as The G-String Murders) from 1943. I had long forgotten her later career.

Gene Kelly as in Alfred Hitchcock films. Saw her in Rear Window not long ago. Very sexy! Not sure about her other films or later career.

Hilary Duff? Never watched whatever that "Lizzie" show was. Didn't really notice her in the Cheaper By The Dozen films. Wasn't a fan. But more recently she has gotten hot. Some of her songs aren't that bad. Seen some very nice photos of the girl. So in retrospect she is a reason to watch Cody Banks. I can't stand Frankie Muniz. He is "Leave It To Beaver" to me. A freak. But Hilary Duff and Amanda Bynes make his movies watchable.

Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen ... we're talking way back in 1999/2000. My family caught some reruns of that "Two of a Kind" TV show. So out of curiosity we rented Billboard Dad, Switching Goals, Passport to Paris, and Our Lips Are Sealed back-to-back and then later Holiday in the Sun. The family liked them. But that was it until "New York Minute" in 2004. There was a lot of hype around that time about the twins. Three websites were counting down to their 18th b-day. Everyone thought they'd rebel against their parents, pose for Playboy ... I was thinking they'd movie into mainstream films. Be the Meg Ryans of tomorrow. Instead ... they retired. I would pay money not to see that skank Mary-kate naked. Ashley is a fashion business woman now. But both still look like kids. So small. Never grew up. No meat on their bones. I really don't think I could stomach their older films anymore. But I picked up New York Minute (WS) for $3 at Big Lots and after putting it off for a while finally watched it with an open mind. I really enjoyed it. The magic of them or whatever is long dead. But if you don't think they're hot in New York Minute or like them at all then there is no point in watching it. So it fits this topic. Because they sure cannot act ... even after a lifetime of it.

As to "watched cartoons, read comic books, played video games" or collect action figures or any of that stuff ... I don't even own a comic book anymore, not for years. I don't own any action figures either. Don't own any video games. (I do play my brother's video games from time to time since he has everything.) so I was speaking in past tense. It was the reason I got into those things and stuck with it. Example: X-Men ... of course I like the story and the characters. Wolverine is a favorite. But Jim Lee's art of Jean Grey, Rogue, Psylocke, ect,. really drew me in and kept me coming back for more. Something like that. Hard to say since I would read Spider-man regardless of the super hot Mary Jane Watson Parker being on the cover or in the issue.

But cartoons? No way am I giving that up! From the latest 3D (Toy Story 3) film in theaters all the way back to b&w Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse cartoons. I still love them. Not "cartoons" but I have heavily been into anime since 1995 and am still going strong that way. I am still watching brand new anime long before it comes to the US.

Just to clarify ...

Hmmmm ... cartoons ... hot girls ... mmmmm ... I need to watch "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" just to see Jessica Rabbit!!!
Old 10-27-10, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chloe. Amanda Seyfried nekked, need i say more? (movie is watchable, but had the promise of the goods being shown, i would have not seen it opening night in theaters
Old 10-27-10, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Resident Evil Apocalypse is pretty much a horrible movie, but I still find myself watching it once a year or so entirely b/c of Sienna Guillory.
Old 10-27-10, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Bedazzled is such a horrible movie but Elizabeth Hurley is ridiculously hot in it.

Honey, not even Jessica Alba could help me get through it. Don't think I've sold it off yet even though I've only seen 20 or so minutes of it.

Chloe will be mine eventually. Not a bad movie but Seyfried makes it a movie I will own.

Mama Mia, never watched it but it's in my Seyfried collection.

Letters to Julliet, I actually like the movie but I wouldn't have seen it if it wasn't for Seyfried.

Serving Sara(?), I think that's the title is another Elizabeth Hurley movie in my collection.
Old 10-27-10, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never heard of this movie, but that trailer pretty much told me the whole movie.

I'm guessing Phoebe tops her "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" exposure in this movie?

My pick would probably be "DOA: Dead or Alive", mostly for Sarah Carter.
Old 10-27-10, 09:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Relic, Other People's Money, and The Gun In Betty Lou's Handbag - Penelope Ann-miller!!! She made all three of these great movies.
A stripper in Carlito's Way?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.