Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Baby Blues (08)

Old 10-11-10, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baby Blues (08)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0972359/

I just finished watching this and had to post my thoughts. This was the most effective horror film I've seen in a long time. Very rarely do i see a horror film that keeps me on the edge of m,y seat. I was very close to turning it off.

The acting from the mom at times felt like she was overacting but for the most part does a good job. The rest of the cast was fine except the Faher. He just seemed to play things dull and almost Zombie like.

Music was great as well as the cinematography.

One thing i didn't like was the ending
Spoiler:
I think it should've ended at the scene when the boy is lying in the fetal position. The whole 'Mommy is coming back home' scene felt tacked on in case they wanna make a sequel and it felt unrealistic.

What are your thoughts on the film? Do you think they pushed the envelope too far? Also does anyone know if the disclaimer at the beginning is true? Each review i read either says it was fake or that it really happened.
Old 10-11-10, 10:20 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Baby Blues (08)

We have a whole thread discussing this from the Horror Challenge 31 Film Subset last year. Here it is if you want some input.