Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

A quick film question.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

A quick film question.

Old 07-27-10, 09:22 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: london
Posts: 1,652
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A quick film question.

After seeing a number of threads in this section I have a quick question.

What actor ruined a film (in it's directors cut or theatrical cut form) that also happened to be the highlight of that same actors career while also never experiencing a death/divorce in their family (but not in the last 5 years) but the film was also considered by many to be the best film in 1974 (I only mention that year as it's the same as my year of birth). But also that actor has a career that many people have now written off and do you consider needs a revival but by who, Tarantino or Rodriguez?
Old 07-27-10, 09:47 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: MA
Posts: 7,668
Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Re: A quick film question.

refreshing.
Old 07-27-10, 09:56 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
MrSmearkase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ayer, MA
Posts: 5,259
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: A quick film question.

Good question, but the only people I can come up with eventually got fat, so I lost all respect for them.
Old 07-27-10, 10:07 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Ash Ketchum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,627
Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: A quick film question.

Originally Posted by jdslater1
After seeing a number of threads in this section I have a quick question.

What actor ruined a film (in it's directors cut or theatrical cut form) that also happened to be the highlight of that same actors career while also never experiencing a death/divorce in their family (but not in the last 5 years) but the film was also considered by many to be the best film in 1974 (I only mention that year as it's the same as my year of birth). But also that actor has a career that many people have now written off and do you consider needs a revival but by who, Tarantino or Rodriguez?
THE GRAVY TRAIN (aka THE DION BROTHERS) directed by Jack Starrett and starring Stacy Keach, Frederic Forrest and Margot Kidder. And you can pick any one of those actors. I'll go with Kidder.
Old 07-27-10, 10:12 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: london
Posts: 1,652
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: A quick film question.

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
THE GRAVY TRAIN (aka THE DION BROTHERS) directed by Jack Starrett and starring Stacy Keach, Frederic Forrest and Margot Kidder. And you can pick any one of those actors. I'll go with Kidder.
You fail, sorry. I forgot to mention I will only accept names with no vowels in them. But a good try.
Old 07-27-10, 10:21 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Ash Ketchum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,627
Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: A quick film question.

Originally Posted by jdslater1
You fail, sorry. I forgot to mention I will only accept names with no vowels in them. But a good try.
In that case, excuse me while I go check my Polish Film Guide for 1974.
Old 07-27-10, 10:39 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: london
Posts: 1,652
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: A quick film question.

I'll be waiting.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.