Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Twilight questions (here there be spoilers)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 07-22-10, 02:49 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I watched the 3 twilight movies recently with my girlfriend. we watched the first 2 at home about a month ago and just saw eclipse yesterday. My expectations were super low, and I found I didn't hate them as much as I thought I would. But, I have a buncha questions about the movies in general...

Spoiler:
So, first off, vampires are made of stone? Why? I mean, they seem soft enough, but if you hit them really hard they shatter into a million bits? I understand they wanted to stay away from blood because girls don't like it, but they could have at least kept the fangs or something. Do they have little stone crystals inside them that make them sparkle? If they're made of stone, does that make them Golems and not vampires?

Why are noob vampires the strongest? Isn't the whole idea that the older a vamp is the tougher they get? So, old vampires are wimps?

Are werewolves made of stone too? Cuz how else could Ms Moodypants have broken her hand when she punched Mr Showmymuscles?

And I think back in the 1st movie they said jasper or whatever his name is was the youngest in their vampire clan so he want all nuts when bella cut herself. I think they said Edward was turned in the early 1900s when he was sick and dying? And that blond one in her flashback looked like she was from the 30's or so. But, in Jasper's history he talked about fighting with the confederate army.. so, if he's from like 1850, how can he be the youngest?
Old 07-23-10, 01:48 AM

Re: Twilight questions (here there be spoilers)

Originally Posted by necros
So, I watched the 3 twilight movies recently with my girlfriend. we watched the first 2 at home about a month ago and just saw eclipse yesterday. My expectations were super low, and I found I didn't hate them as much as I thought I would. But, I have a buncha questions about the movies in general...

So, first off, vampires are made of stone? Why? I mean, they seem soft enough, but if you hit them really hard they shatter into a million bits? I understand they wanted to stay away from blood because girls don't like it, but they could have at least kept the fangs or something. Do they have little stone crystals inside them that make them sparkle? If they're made of stone, does that make them Golems and not vampires?

Because the author just made up her mythology. She claims she had never seen or read a vampire story. Twilight is her idea of what a vamp is.

Why are noob vampires the strongest? Isn't the whole idea that the older a vamp is the tougher they get? So, old vampires are wimps?

See above.. but mainly I think it's because the baby vamps are blood crazed..

Are werewolves made of stone too? Cuz how else could Ms Moodypants have broken her hand when she punched Mr Showmymuscles?

No , the werewolves are not made of stone.. Bella is just accident prone. In the books they play it up the fact that Bella is a klutz. She broke her knuckle cause she hit him wrong..

And I think back in the 1st movie they said jasper or whatever his name is was the youngest in their vampire clan so he want all nuts when bella cut herself. I think they said Edward was turned in the early 1900s when he was sick and dying? And that blond one in her flashback looked like she was from the 30's or so. But, in Jasper's history he talked about fighting with the confederate army.. so, if he's from like 1850, how can he be the youngest?

Jasper is the newest in the Cullen family not youngest.. Newest vegetarian. It was harder for him because he lived for decades off human blood and warfare. Until he left his maker and Alice found him. Most if the others were "turned " by Carlyle and never feed on a human , intentionally.
Add spoiler tags back if needed but clearly posted spoiler in title...

Last edited by draven31; 07-23-10 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Removed tags
Old 07-23-10, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

it's Twilight. Teenage girls and there mom's don't care. Does your GF wonder the same things you do?
Old 07-23-10, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the movie said something about them still having human blood in them. Since it is feasting on human blood that gives vampires their strength, newbies are especially strong because they still have a lot of human blood still in them.

Never read the book, so I don't know if it says something different.
Old 07-23-10, 08:27 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by JJE-187
it's Twilight. Teenage girls and there mom's don't care. Does your GF wonder the same things you do?
Actually no

but she wants me to be more romantic like Edward I told her I like Jacob better because indians are cool and he looked like a headbanger kid in the first movie.

I was the only guy in the whole theater the other day. the first time they showed him without his shirt on, half the theater sighed with delight.
Old 07-23-10, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Actually no

but she wants me to be more romantic like Edward
Follow her to work, plant hidden cameras in the bathroom, and if you ever see another guy talking to her, storm over and throw a fit, 'cause she apparently thinks crazy stalkers are sexy.
Old 07-23-10, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 619 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
Follow her to work, plant hidden cameras in the bathroom, and if you ever see another guy talking to her, storm over and throw a fit, 'cause she apparently thinks crazy stalkers are sexy.

She must really love Superman Returns too.