DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   5nal Destination - The trend of putting numbers in titles continues (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/575859-5nal-destination-trend-putting-numbers-titles-continues.html)

Charlie Goose 06-30-10 10:51 PM

Re: 5nal Destination - The trend of putting numbers in titles continues

The 4th was the weakest of the bunch, but I'll be there for the next one.

Geofferson 06-30-10 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose (Post 10241708)
The 4th was the weakest of the bunch, but I'll be there for the next one.

Yup, same here.

Autotelik 06-30-10 11:43 PM

I too first thought of Anal when I saw the title. I think it's logical, and understandable to read it that way, because there is only one 4-letter word in the english language spelled _nal. Our minds automatically think of "anal".

islandclaws 07-01-10 10:37 AM

I'd be willing to give it a shot, but so far none of them has been as fun as part 2. Even bringing back Ellis didn't work.

RichC2 07-01-10 01:46 PM

#2 and #4 were two of the corniest movies I've ever seen, #1 was entertaining and #3 was an improvement over the 2nd but man was 4 horrible. Worst movie I've seen in theaters since Highlander: End Game.

RocShemp 07-01-10 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 10242770)
Worst movie I've seen in theaters since Highlander: End Game.

Pray you never see Highlander: The Source. :yack:

Rammsteinfan 07-01-10 03:11 PM

I highly doubt they would go with 5nal. How are they going to market that 1 ? Lets just call it Not So Final Destination because we know 6nal Destination isnt far behind (which looks even more like ANAL. Behind... anal. Yikes!) Anal Destination sounds more like the original title of Human Centipede or something.

DeanoBKN 07-01-10 06:54 PM

4 was the biggest piece of shit I've seen in the theaters in years...count me out for a five unless reviews and feedback from this forum are excellent.

Matthew Chmiel 07-01-10 08:42 PM

I hope they keep this title, because I'm so going to be running around the theater telling all of the employees (very loudly) that I'm there to see the Anal Destination.

terrible chong 07-01-10 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel (Post 10243536)
I hope they keep this title, because I'm so going to be running around the theater telling all of the employees (very loudly) that I'm there to see the Anal Destination.

lol. don't forget to feign puzzlement when they tell you the correct title

devilshalo 08-31-10 04:04 PM

'Final Destination 5' adds four to cast

Destination New Line is putting together its crop of victims for "Final Destination 5" (aka "5nal Destination"), being directed by Steven Quale.

David Koechner, Nicholas D'Agosto, P.J. Byrne and Ellen Wroe are joining the already-cast Miles Fisher in the latest installment of the movie series, which centers on the idea that you can't cheat death.

Each installment focuses on a group of people who survive a catastrophe but end up expiring in elaborate Rube Goldberg-like fashion. The new movie sees the new batch of victims, co-workers on a corporate retreat, escaping the collapse of a city's suspension bridge.

Koechner, repped by CAA, is playing a clueless executive.

D'Agosto, repped by WME and Emerald Talent Group, is playing a guy who doesn't make fast decision in his own life. The actor starred in 2009 comedy "Fired Up!" which was distributed by Screen Gems, and had a run on NBC's "Heroes."

Byrne, who appeared in "Dinner for Schmucks" and will be in New Line's "Horrible Bosses," plays an obnoxious kleptomaniac. He is repped by Greene & Associates.

Wroe plays the daughter of a company executive, a woman with gymnast training who is a little snobby and for whom everything is a contest. Repped by AEF and Main Title Entertainment, Wroe is a relative newcomer who just graduated from USC, although she did appear in ABC's Family "Huge."

Also, Tony Todd, who's been involved in all but one of the "Destination" movies, is back playing Mr. Bludworth.

Eric Heisserer ("The Thing") wrote the script, and Craig Perry is producing the pic, which has a Sept. 13 start date in Vancouver.

- Borys Kit

dx23 08-31-10 07:46 PM

Apparently, they are removing the Anal from the title

http://gordonandthewhale.com/final-d...l-destination/

Rypro 525 05-11-11 03:40 AM

and we have ourselves a trailer
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g7V84i92H4A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g7V84i92H4A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

RocShemp 05-11-11 06:51 AM

I saw the trailer when I went to see Thor. I totally forgot this was coming so it took me by surprise. Even more surprising is, given what a shitfest the last movie was, this actually looks good. And I like that Tony Todd seems to have a more prominent role this time around.

LiquidSky 05-11-11 07:01 AM

I'm a sucker for these movies so I'll go see it. :)

Michael Corvin 05-11-11 07:27 AM

I was looking for this in Best Buy the other day. I thought the theatrical release had come and gone already. :lol:

Geofferson 05-11-11 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by LiquidSky (Post 10766153)
I'm a sucker for these movies so I'll go see it. :)

Same here. Generally speaking, I still have a good time watching them.

islandclaws 05-12-11 11:26 AM

I think this one looks marginally better than the last one, which sucked. Tone looks a bit more grim, and I love seeing Todd in a meatier role. I might go see this since I'm still a sucker for dead teenager movies.

Matthew Chmiel 05-12-11 11:31 AM

I'm surprised it has taken them five films for someone to
Spoiler:
start killing others to avoid Death's plan.
I've had that idea since the third film.

It looks a lot meaner than the other entries. I can't wait. :thumbsup:

DRG 05-12-11 04:30 PM

Interesting that the trailer actually says "Shot in 3D".

Charlie Goose 05-12-11 11:09 PM

David Koechner! Sweet.

riley_dude 05-13-11 12:14 PM

Laser Surgery? Really??

RocShemp 05-13-11 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel (Post 10768032)
I'm surprised it has taken them five films for someone to
Spoiler:
start killing others to avoid Death's plan.
I've had that idea since the third film.

It looks a lot meaner than the other entries. I can't wait. :thumbsup:

I think the reason no one bothered with that idea before is because the second film established that
Spoiler:
you couldn't be killed out of order. That's why that one guy had six misfires when he tried to shoot himself.
But this is a reasonable twist on the intervention angle established in the first film.

UncleGramps 05-13-11 12:50 PM

These movies are super dumb, but I love them. Also, I'm glad they dropped the "5nal" title...that might've been the straw that broke the camel's back in regards to numbers replacing letters in movie titles.

GoldenJCJ 05-13-11 12:53 PM

Very Harry Potter-ish title graphics. That's all I got.