Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Bulletproof (Gary Busey)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Bulletproof (Gary Busey)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-10, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bulletproof (Gary Busey)

Some friends of mine are getting together Friday night for a Gary Busey double feature. We're starting things off with Surviving the Game, which I think is a terrific cheesy 90s action flick featuring a typical nutty Busey performance.

We weren't sure on the 2nd choice and after glancing at his filmography, I suggested Bulletproof based on the insane synopsis. Everyone quickly agreed, so that is our 2nd feature. This sort of sounds like a Busey version of Commando.

We already watched Point Break awhile back and no one was interested in seeing Predator 2 or Under Siege.

Was Bulletproof a good choice?
Old 05-11-10, 08:28 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Bulletproof (Gary Busey)

Never seen any Busey flicks beyond Lethal Weapon, Predator 2 and Point Break. Never heard of Bulletproof...saw some clips on youtube....yeah...I don't think I will.
Old 05-11-10, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well you have Silver Bullet, DC Cab, Drop Zone, Black Sheep, or Soldier(with his constant "My daddy always told me" euphemisms.) Or the Gingerdead Man or that one movie he made in Turkey where he was a US military doctor stealing organs.

Yeah, dude takes any flick for a paycheck. Still wish I'm with Busey was available in it's entirety.
Old 05-11-10, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero - 2023 TOTY Award Winner

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,223 Posts

I did see Bulletproof a looooong time ago. I only really remember it had Darlanne Fluegel in it, who was the cute wife from Running Scared. I also vaguely remember Busey's character having a jar of the bullets that had been pulled out of him or something. I don't think I hated it though, but that was ~20 years ago.
Old 05-11-10, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Silver Bullet is essential. Busey is great, but Everett McGill's "YOUU MEDDLING...LITTLE...SHIT!" makes it even better.

Surviving the Game has a mesmerizingly weird monologue that Busey ad-libbed. It's definitely fun, but you could keep the movie the way it is and recast Tracy Morgan (preferably as Tracy Jordan playing the role) in the Ice-T role and nothing would change at all.

I've seen the first half-hour or so of Bulletproof, and it's quite crazy. Henry Silva's the bad guy. Surprised no one posted this yet:

Old 05-12-10, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

This MUST be seen! I inadvertantly bought this DVD and don't really want to part with it. Didn't watch it yet. But the cover and idea is gutbusting.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UiWyiA77qzg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UiWyiA77qzg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 05-12-10, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rgwM-K-bqCk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rgwM-K-bqCk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 05-12-10, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought Bulletproof was an Adam Sandler / Damon Wayans movie.
Old 05-12-10, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I thought Bulletproof was an Adam Sandler / Damon Wayans movie.
As a wise man once put it, "There's nothing new under the sun--or in the video stores."
Old 05-12-10, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

A Busey night and you skip Under Siege? Damn...
Old 05-12-10, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stingermck
A Busey night and you skip Under Siege? Damn...
It was mentioned and denied. None of us have seen Bulletproof and the insane premise made it an easy call. We're not exactly looking for the best movie of the bunch. Which is why we didn't choose The Buddy Holly Story.