Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Barrymore is itching to do Charlie's Angels 3

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-09, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ls-wheelchair/

The first two “Charlie’s Angels” films took in over $523 million in the box office and earlier this year producer/star Drew Barrymore voiced her excitement at the high possibility of the third installment, but it seems even with her high profile the famous flick just isn’t getting off the ground.

“We would all be there in wheelchairs at some point and do it if we could,” a seemingly frustrated Barrymore recently told Tarts.

According to a film insider, the problem of it not going “Full Throttle” ahead is due in large part to copyright issues since Aaron Spelling (who founded the franchise) passed away.

“There are all sorts of complications,” said our source. “The Angels might have worn out their welcome, and some are questioning if its high-tech enough for today’s audiences.”

A rep from Barrymore’s Flower Films declined to comment.

But back the subject of girl power and kicking butt, Ms. Barrymore has had enough of woman moaning and groaning about gender inequality in Hollywood.

“Women have incredible opportunities and they have to get the chip off their shoulder and they have to say you know what, women have had extraordinary opportunities. I, as a woman, have had extraordinary opportunities. But you get there by doing the work, and proving that you can do it and doing the homework,” Barrymore added. “I never want women to feel like that, but if they did, god forbid, go out there and make it happen for yourself. Only you can make your dream come true.”

So who was it that gave the 34-year-old the best career advice that she continues to carry thru in making her own dreams come to fruition?

“Steven Spielberg when he said don’t act your characters, be your characters. It just took acting out of it and really had me involving myself in the character in a way that I immersed myself so much that I just believed I was them,” Barrymore added. “And I think that changes the performance, for me at least.”
Old 11-05-09, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barrymore is itching to do Charlie's Angels 3

Old 11-05-09, 08:11 AM

^^^

I'd go see a third one. The first 2 were fun to watch in a stupid kind of way. Bill Murray would have to come back though to make it worthwhile.
Old 11-05-09, 08:28 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

10 will get you 20 that in the next film at least one of the "angels" is now a mom.
Old 11-05-09, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I liked the first 2, bring it on.
Old 11-05-09, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Indy Jones Fan
^^^

I'd go see a third one. The first 2 were fun to watch in a stupid kind of way. Bill Murray would have to come back though to make it worthwhile.
Bernie Mac is Dead... Big Possibility for him to come back
Old 11-05-09, 09:29 AM

Bill Murray won't be back unless Lucy Liu is out.
Old 11-05-09, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

I'd like to give out a bunch of "F" grades in reading comprehension to members of this board. The point of the story quoted in the first post is that Barrymore would like to do a 3rd Charlie's Angels film but that it's unlikely to happen because of issues with the Spelling estate over the rights.

And all I can say to that is...good!

Now, if Barrymore were to come up with a completely new and original story involving three hot ass-kicking babes that have no acquaintance with anyone named Charlie and cast herself, Ellen Page and Megan Fox in the roles, with Jason Statham as some kind of ally/mentor, then I'd be soooooo on board!

And get Corey Yuen to direct.
Old 11-05-09, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
I'd like to give out a bunch of "F" grades in reading comprehension to members of this board. The point of the story quoted in the first post is that Barrymore would like to do a 3rd Charlie's Angels film but that it's unlikely to happen because of issues with the Spelling estate over the rights.

And all I can say to that is...good!

Now, if Barrymore were to come up with a completely new and original story involving three hot ass-kicking babes that have no acquaintance with anyone named Charlie and cast herself, Ellen Page and Megan Fox in the roles, with Jason Statham as some kind of ally/mentor, then I'd be soooooo on board!

Thanks for being both condescending to the members of this forum and forcing an idea of your own down others throats.
Old 11-05-09, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Bill Murray won't be back unless Lucy Liu is out.
Is this just a joke or did they not get along?
I don't think anyone says anything that directly contradicts this. Just because there's a rights issue doesn't mean Barrymore isn't itching to do it, and it doesn't mean the boardies can't want/not want it to happen.

wat

Dear lord no. I like Jason Statham, but that's pretty random, whereas I kind of wish Ellen Page and Megan Fox would just go away forever.
Old 11-05-09, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Calm down, Tiger... everyone understood that, and nobody's disputing it.
Old 11-05-09, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm having hard time thinking of something less appealing than trying to watch a film featuring both Megan Fox and Ellen Page. Both of them couldn't possibly suck any more.
Old 11-05-09, 11:26 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Whip It bombs, so go back to what's tried and true.....
Old 11-05-09, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
Is this just a joke or did they not get along?
They didn't get along, to put it mildly. One (or possibly both) basically gave an ultimatum, and the producers decided to retain Liu.
Old 11-05-09, 11:36 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

here. stops the itch.
Old 11-05-09, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Liu, Diaz and Barrymore were the homeliest Angels I've ever seen (Diaz did look great in THE MASK and SOMETHING ABOUT MARY, however).

I can't imagine a CHARLIE'S ANGELS 3 with such middle-aged actresses.
Old 11-05-09, 11:49 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm shocked we haven't been subjected to some prequel youngster Charlie Angel's direct to DVD movie yet, with them all in college or training or something, featuring Hayden Panetteire, Eliza Dushku, and Ellen Page.
Old 11-05-09, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
I'm having hard time thinking of something less appealing than trying to watch a film featuring both Megan Fox and Ellen Page. Both of them couldn't possibly suck any more.
There is nothing less appealing, so quit taxing your brain by trying to come up with something!

Last edited by Arthur Dent; 11-05-09 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-05-09, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

You need to learn to read. Nobody said anything contradicting the OP. Just whether they would like to see this come out or not.
Old 11-05-09, 12:09 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

No Murray = No Sale.
Old 11-05-09, 12:09 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
No Murray = No Sale.
Bernie Mac isn't doing much these days...
Old 11-05-09, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now, if Barrymore were to come up with a completely new and original story involving three hot ass-kicking babes that have no acquaintance with anyone named Charlie and cast herself, Ellen Page and Megan Fox in the roles, with Jason Statham as some kind of ally/mentor, then I'd be soooooo on board!.
Since when is Ellen Page a "babe"?

They should expand on one of Drew's flash-forwards in the second movie and have her teamed up with the Olsen twins.

Last edited by Snowmaker; 11-05-09 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-05-09, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
I'm shocked we haven't been subjected to some prequel youngster Charlie Angel's direct to DVD movie yet, with them all in college or training or something, featuring Hayden Panetteire, Eliza Dushku, and Ellen Page.
SShhhhhhh! A producer might come across this and then it'll all be your fault!
Old 11-05-09, 12:58 PM

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

From what I understand, these movies cost wayyyyyy too much (with star's salary and Fx budget) even before the Spelling problem to interest any studio in making another one with the current cast. I'm sure there will be another one down the line (with cameos by Drew and company), but seriously doubt Drew will get her wish. Unless everyone is willing to go the Ocean's route and work cheap.

Rockwell was the best thing about the 1st one. And what's with the Ellen Page hate? Seems like an odd person to dislike.
Old 11-05-09, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

I'd like to give out a bunch of "F" grades in Discrete Mathematics to members of this board.

Just 'cuz I'm a dick.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.