Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone Find Final Destination Films Hard to Watch?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Anyone Find Final Destination Films Hard to Watch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-09, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Anyone Find Final Destination Films Hard to Watch?

Originally Posted by RichC2
The only death in any of the movies that "bugged" me was when the airbag deploys and the pipe goes through the woman's head. Not sure why exactly, but that one got to me.

Otherwise, no, I find these movies quite enjoyable as they're cheesy, silly, self-aware fun (the only one I'd consider an actual decent movie is the first.)
That death bothered me too.

Originally Posted by Giles
the death that I thought was the nastiest and really weired me out, was the nail gun to the face and hands.

the death of the kid by the falling glass in 2 was hysterical for some reason.
I also thought the falling glass scene was funny because the special effects were sort of bad.
Old 08-26-09, 06:31 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
Ahhh, another Final Destination film is upon us. Looks to provide a fresh batch of gruesome deaths.

Personally, I have a hard time enjoying these films. Not so much for the gruesome death scenes, but it just keeps reminding me about the fragility of life and just how freaking easy it is to get killed. It is a thought that most of us just cast out to maintain our sanity. One day, we will all have our final destination, and it may be a gruesome end. No matter how good your life is, you are guaranteed the tragedy of death.

After watching the first film, I remember slipping on the ice and catching myself. Whoa, I could have fell and cracked my skull. I try not to slip in the shower either lol
are you serious? you think about the fragility of life with the extraordinary, could almost never happen in a billion years deaths from this franchise? c'mon...a little overboard no?

none of these deaths show the agonizing sometimes long deaths from lung cancer or pancreatic cancer or prostate cancer. none of them show a sudden heart attack or car accident via DUI of another driver. none of them show coronary heart disease or babies dying from SIDS or anyone dying from AIDS.

now, if the movies showed these then i might be more sympathetic and become introspective, but death by smooshing from large glass sheet or falling catwalk through the eyes or getting trapped in a sun tanning machine and burned to a crisp or head chopped off from debris strewn from a passing train or neon signage or multiple deaths from an exasgerated sp? roller coaster accident or head chopped clean off by lowering elevator or...

Last edited by OldBoy; 08-26-09 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-26-09, 07:41 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Honestly, I have a hard time watching the Superman films because I'm afraid I'm going to learn how to fly and some guy will try and sink California into the water so he can have beach-front property for all the cheap desert land he just purchased.
Old 08-26-09, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598
are you serious? you think about the fragility of life with the extraordinary, could almost never happen in a billion years deaths from this franchise? c'mon...a little overboard no?

none of these deaths show the agonizing sometimes long deaths from lung cancer or pancreatic cancer or prostate cancer. none of them show a sudden heart attack or car accident via DUI of another driver. none of them show coronary heart disease or babies dying from SIDS or anyone dying from AIDS.

now, if the movies showed these then i might be more sympathetic and become introspective, but death by smooshing from large glass sheet or falling catwalk through the eyes or getting trapped in a sun tanning machine and burned to a crisp or head chopped off from debris strewn from a passing train or neon signage or multiple deaths from an exasgerated sp? roller coaster accident or head chopped clean off by lowering elevator or...
Is this your first jeffbase34 thread?
Old 08-27-09, 08:52 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by writer106

I also thought the falling glass scene was funny because the special effects were sort of bad.
yeah, like they filled a manniquin (sp) with blood and grue and just dropped a plate of glass on it and watch it sploosh all over the place - kind of like that scene from 'Robocop' where Miguel gets hit by the car.
Old 08-27-09, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not me. I think these films are a ton of fun, esp part 2; it's one of my favorite guilty pleasure flicks. I can't wait to see some more nubile teens die in impossibly brutal ways this weekend... in 3D!
Old 08-27-09, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Honestly, I have a hard time watching the Superman films because I'm afraid I'm going to learn how to fly and some guy will try and sink California into the water so he can have beach-front property for all the cheap desert land he just purchased.
LOL-that's funny.

Anyone get the feeling that Jeff's threads are the new version of being Rick Rolled?
Old 08-27-09, 09:22 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RonBoster
Anyone get the feeling that Jeff's threads are the new version of being Rick Rolled?
You mean how he just starts a thread and never returns? It's annoying.
Old 08-27-09, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You mean how he just starts a thread and never returns? It's annoying.
Exactly, along with the odd content. You captured the "odd nature" perfectly with essence of your post.
Old 08-28-09, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I loved the first 3. The worst deaths for me were the two girls getting roasted in the tanning beds.
Old 08-28-09, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you are trying to be a comedian, don't quit your day job.
Old 08-28-09, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Exactly, along with the odd content. You captured the "odd nature" perfectly with essence of your post.
Why the hate? If you don't like my posts, don't fucking read them. Now is that really so hard? Pretty pathetic when people take their time to not respond to the topic, but instead write that the OP is so annoying yet I'm going to read him anyways! lol
Old 08-28-09, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598

Freak accidents happen every day. Why the death scenes in FD are extraordinary, it reminds me how easy it is to lose your life. I remember this story:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....123ebca6.html

Also, I know there is an article somewhere on wiki about people who died unusual deaths.
Old 08-28-09, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why the hate? If you don't like my posts, don't fucking read them. Now is that really so hard? Pretty pathetic when people take their time to not respond to the topic, but instead write that the OP is so annoying yet I'm going to read him anyways! lol
I wouldn't call the posts annoying as much as inane.

Why did I read this thread? Someone recommended it in your second thread started on why you won't be buying any more blu rays. Based on that recommendation I read this thread.

When I saw Gizmo's comment about his fear of flying based on seeing a Superman films, I thought that was a terrific parody of your basis for fear of dying based on seeing the "Final Destination" film series.
Old 08-28-09, 11:13 AM
Suspended

If you are trying to be a comedian, don't quit your day job.
I can't quit my day job because I have to pay for my iPhone somehow...something you can't get because you refuse to open a credit card at the age of 34.
Old 08-28-09, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't quit my day job because I have to pay for my iPhone somehow...something you can't get because you refuse to open a credit card at the age of 34.
Here's something to consider....

Many credit cards have a "death clause" (for any better term), where upon the death of the card holder, his/her cc balance is absolved. The estate would not owe a thing. Something to consider for those who have the constant fear of improbable death and unsecured debt.
Old 08-28-09, 12:17 PM
Suspended

Here's something to consider....

Many credit cards have a "death clause" (for any better term), where upon the death of the card holder, his/her cc balance is absolved. The estate would not owe a thing. Something to consider for those who have the constant fear of improbable death and unsecured debt.
Not true - at least in California. We've (my Mother and our lawyers) been battling for months now over that...and it's not working (Citi, BOA, Amex etc.) We've gotten some debt lowered...but community property means they are trying to take from my mom/estate. It's not been fun
Old 08-28-09, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, sorry to hear that. I'm basing that on my families experience back in 92/93. My father died of cancer and the debt on two of his credit cards was wiped free. That was a huge relief to my mom.

Again, my thoughts and wishes are with you and your family...not something you want to deal with when also coping with the death of a loved one.
Old 08-28-09, 01:47 PM
Suspended

Wow, sorry to hear that. I'm basing that on my families experience back in 92/93. My father died of cancer and the debt on two of his credit cards was wiped free. That was a huge relief to my mom.

Again, my thoughts and wishes are with you and your family...not something you want to deal with when also coping with the death of a loved one.
Thank you. It's certainly not...fun, but I've been helping my mom out with it (along with our Lawyers). We thought it would be wiped clean, but that's not happening. At this point its negotiating to pay a certain % of the bill which is working with some but not others. It's a giant clusterfuck but we're dealing with it. Shame they call 15 times a night though (got my mom a new, unpublished cell #).
Old 08-28-09, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Old 08-28-09, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And I am not sunk with thousands of dollars of credit card debt like many Americans are right now. I don't have to live paycheck to paycheck. I have enough emergency fund to keep me afloat for a year if I lose my job, and enough to make investments in gold, the one investment that has actually gone up in the worst recession since WW2.

But yea, I can't an IPHONE. At least I won't go hungry when the dollar devalues 40%.
Old 08-28-09, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wouldn't call the posts annoying as much as inane.

Why did I read this thread? Someone recommended it in your second thread started on why you won't be buying any more blu rays. Based on that recommendation I read this thread.

When I saw Gizmo's comment about his fear of flying based on seeing a Superman films, I thought that was a terrific parody of your basis for fear of dying based on seeing the "Final Destination" film series.
If you think ALL my posts are "inane" why did you read the blu-ray post in the first place? Try this amazing technique. Next time, you see a thread with my name on it, don't read it. It works!!
Old 08-28-09, 02:33 PM
Suspended

And I am not sunk with thousands of dollars of credit card debt like many Americans are right now. I don't have to live paycheck to paycheck. I have enough emergency fund to keep me afloat for a year if I lose my job, and enough to make investments in gold, the one investment that has actually gone up in the worst recession since WW2.

But yea, I can't an IPHONE. At least I won't go hungry when the dollar devalues 40%.
Ya know, you can get a credit card, charge on it, and pay the balance at the end of the month, right? That'll build your credit and you can even earn rewards on it! I'm not in any debt and do it all the time, have a great credit score, and can get many iPhones from AT&T!

Perhaps you should make that investment in gold before all your emergency funds become worth only 40% of what they are now. Because I know when I want to buy an iPhone from AT&T I just walk in and hand them a nugget. I do this at Best Buy as well and to Nissan for my car payment - here's a gold nugget!
Old 08-28-09, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thank you. It's certainly not...fun, but I've been helping my mom out with it (along with our Lawyers). We thought it would be wiped clean, but that's not happening. At this point its negotiating to pay a certain % of the bill which is working with some but not others. It's a giant clusterfuck but we're dealing with it. Shame they call 15 times a night though (got my mom a new, unpublished cell #).
Oh the hypocrisy. You get no sympathy from me.
Old 08-28-09, 02:35 PM
Suspended

Oh the hypocrisy. You get no sympathy from me.
Hypocrisy? Please explain Mr 34 year old with no credit but a ton of money bitching about Blu-ray prices

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.