Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Aaron and Sarah (David O. Russell)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-09, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From Variety:
David O. Russell has signed on to direct the romantic comedy "Aaron and Sarah" for Fox 2000.

"Milk" producers Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen have come on to produce.

Story centers on a nerdy guy and a popular girl who meet as freshmen and, over four years of high school, four proms and one funeral, become friends and eventually fall in love. Husband-wife team Chad Gomez Creasey and Dara Resnik Creasey penned the screenplay.

Project had been in development at Rogue under its previous title, "B.F.F.," but Fox 2000 picked it up in turnaround last year.

Beau Bauman and Jesse Israel are producing.

Film, which is described as in a similar vein to John Hughes' teen comedies, is a departure for Russell, who typically deals with modern existential angst ("I Heart Huckabees," "Flirting With Disaster") and politics ("Three Kings," the upcoming "Nailed").
Old 04-09-09, 09:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Aaron and Sarah (David O. Russell)

I think this could be something special if done correctly. Its gonna be hard to get a lead actress and actress who I would want to see in this premise. Hopefully they go with kids that actually have talent and dont look like hannah montana or high school musical type kids.
Its nice to see Russell make two movies back to back so quickly after his long absence after I heart huckabees.
Old 04-09-09, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yay, just what I always wanted a regurgitation of John Hughes crap. As much as I can appreciate Hughes' influence on such creative talent as Kevin Smith and Judd Apatow, I could never really stomach his saccharine movies (other than Ferris Bueller's Day Off).

Hasn't this movie been made and re-made countless times already? Can't Hardly Wait...She's All That...Drive Me Crazy...Clueless (to an extent)...and just about every other teen movie from the 90's?
Old 04-10-09, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My local news/blog website had the following:

I Heart Huckabees tantrum tosser David O. Russell (got to love THAT label) has signed to direct a new film for Fox Searchlight, Aaron and Sarah.

Variety says that the film is about "a nerdy guy and a popular girl who meet as freshmen and, over four years of high school, four proms and one funeral, become friends and eventually fall in love."

So we're talking When Harry Met Four Proms and a Funeral, with younger casting.
Russell is also slated to direct The Silver Linings Playbook, and perhaps take anger management classes.