Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Brace yourself world.....Madonna returns to acting

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Brace yourself world.....Madonna returns to acting

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-09, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Brace yourself world.....Madonna returns to acting

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
Actually, I'm not a fan of Madonna because of her movies. I actually haven't seen a few of them (Swept Away, Desperately Seeking Susan, and Shanghai Surprise), just to name a few that I haven't seen). The reason I like her is because of her movie.

I "showed" up here, because I saw the thread, and was interested in finding out what movie she is planning on being in. Especially since the last time I knew, she said she didn't plan to act, anymore.

Of course, it was no surprise to see people doing the typical, immature thing, by bashing her.

I don't like several actors. For example, I'm not a fan of Will Smith, but, you don't see me show up in every thread started with his name and bash him. I just don't understand why people waste their time posting anything about someone they don't like? Is it because you like to stir the pot, and want to piss off the people that do like them? I think that's probably it.

Either way, to each their own. I say move on.
Huh?

Also, Will Smith is an actor, Madonna is not. It's the same reaosn we talk shit on 50 Cent or Dane Cook. Acting should be done by actors, it's that simple.
Old 02-18-09, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 293 Likes on 213 Posts

Actually, I'm not a fan of Madonna because of her movies. I actually haven't seen a few of them (Swept Away, Desperately Seeking Susan, and Shanghai Surprise), just to name a few that I haven't seen). The reason I like her is because of her movie.

I "showed" up here, because I saw the thread, and was interested in finding out what movie she is planning on being in. Especially since the last time I knew, she said she didn't plan to act, anymore.

Of course, it was no surprise to see people doing the typical, immature thing, by bashing her.

I don't like several actors. For example, I'm not a fan of Will Smith, but, you don't see me show up in every thread started with his name and bash him. I just don't understand why people waste their time posting anything about someone they don't like? Is it because you like to stir the pot, and want to piss off the people that do like them? I think that's probably it.

Either way, to each their own. I say move on.
YOU move on. As I said, people have every right to post anything they like about her just like you do in all your pro-Madonna threads. Just like you have every right to post anything negative about a celebrity you don't like. And guess what? You're in luck, there are quite a few anti-Will Smith threads. Here's one:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/...m-i-alone.html

Most people can't stand Madonna. You should be used to this by now. Why, Chelsea Handler spent five minutes on her show last night talking about this very subject. Madonna wanting to act again. And she and her panel ripped her to shreds. As the audience laughed along. You gonna write Chelsea and tell her to grow up and move on !?

Last edited by Daytripper; 02-18-09 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-18-09, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Huh?

Also, Will Smith is an actor, Madonna is not. It's the same reaosn we talk shit on 50 Cent or Dane Cook. Acting should be done by actors, it's that simple.
Obviously, I meant to say the reason I like her is because of her music.

Will Smith may be an actor, but, it doesn't mean he's a good one. Also, he's not a singer, but, he's done that, as well.

So, it's really not that simple.
Old 02-18-09, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Like flies to honey.
Old 02-18-09, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Daytripper
YOU move on. As I said, people have every right to post anything they like about her just like you do in all your pro-Madonna threads. Just like you have every right to post anything negative about a celebrity you don't like. And guess what? You're in luck, there are quite a few anti-Will Smith threads. Here's one:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/...m-i-alone.html

Most people can't stand Madonna. You should be used to this by now. Why, Chelsea Handler spent five minutes on her show last night talking about this very subject. Madonna wanting to act again. And she and her panel ripped her to shreds. As the audience laughed along. You gonna write Chelsea and tell her to grow up and move on !?
YOU move on. That's what I don't understand, your need to continue to bash Madonna, just because you don't like her.

You're wrong when you say, "Most people can't stand Madonna". That is the most ridiculous statement, when the facts are there to show that Madonna is a very popular and successful entertainer. If most people couldn't stand her, then she wouldn't be popular and successful. Of course, people who don't like her are blind to that fact, because they live in a bubble where they believe everyone agrees with their point of view.

Oh, and Chelsea Handler? Who is that? I can assure you, I could care less what she, or her audience, feel about Madonna.
Old 02-18-09, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

YOU move on. That's what I don't understand, your need to continue to bash Madonna, just because you don't like her.

You're wrong when you say, "Most people can't stand Madonna". That is the most ridiculous statement, when the facts are there to show that Madonna is a very popular and successful entertainer. If most people couldn't stand her, then she wouldn't be popular and successful. Of course, people who don't like her are blind to that fact, because they live in a bubble where they believe everyone agrees with their point of view.

Oh, and Chelsea Handler? Who is that? I can assure you, I could care less what she, or her audience, feel about Madonna.
My God you are a talking head. I'll make a deal with you. I'll "move on" and stop bashing Madonna when she stops being an attention grabbing ****.
Old 02-18-09, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^ This could go on for a while...
Old 02-18-09, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
^ This could go on for a while...
Not if we shut him down. Also, I can assure you that anyone here who has posted anything negative about Madonna is lesser known than Chelsea Handler. And yet this guy cares how we feel.
Old 02-18-09, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not if we shut him down. Also, I can assure you that anyone here who has posted anything negative about Madonna is lesser known than Chelsea Handler. And yet this guy cares how we feel.
You aren't going to "shut me down". Get over yourself.

Also, I really don't care what you think. I just think you need to grow up, which is evident in your idiotic statement, "I'll "move on" and stop bashing Madonna when she stops being an attention grabbing ****." from above.

Really, grow up!
Old 02-18-09, 03:09 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're wrong when you say, "Most people can't stand Madonna". That is the most ridiculous statement, when the facts are there to show that Madonna is a very popular and successful entertainer. If most people couldn't stand her, then she wouldn't be popular and successful.
She still has a huge fanbase, that can't be denied, but as far as universal mainstream popularity I don't think she is anywhere near what she was in 1985 or even 1995. There are quite a few people, like it or not, who feel she has sort of 'worn out her welcome' in the public spotlight, between the baby antics and the kaballah and everything else.

You can argue that she doesn't 'deserve' to get bashed, but that's part of being famous. Look at Tom Cruise, Michael Jackson, George Bush, Miley Cyrus, Sarah Palin, Paris Hilton, hell, even the octuplet mom. It comes with the territory.
Old 02-18-09, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Also, I really don't care what you think.
and yet you still post in this thread!
Old 02-18-09, 03:30 PM

I'm by no means saying she is a good actress, but saying that Evita required no acting whatsoever seems unfair. with Madonna it seems like with the right script and the right director she can pass off as adequate. Not exactly praise, but certainly not worth all of the venom coming from this thread. And the "she's just playing herself" bit is lame, because one could make the argument that Mariah Carey was playing herself in Glitter, and that performance was worse than anything Madonna has ever done.
Old 02-18-09, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You aren't going to "shut me down". Get over yourself.

Also, I really don't care what you think. I just think you need to grow up, which is evident in your idiotic statement, "I'll "move on" and stop bashing Madonna when she stops being an attention grabbing ****." from above.

Really, grow up!
You don't care what I think? Then stop reading/responding to my posts and get lost.
Old 02-18-09, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You don't care what I think? Then stop reading/responding to my posts and get lost.
I don't care what you think. However, just because you tell me to "get lost", doesn't mean it's going to happen. If anyone needs to "get lost", it's you.
Old 02-18-09, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What do you guys think Madonna's worst performance was?
Old 02-18-09, 09:23 PM

Wow, some people have issues! Madonna does not care AS LONG AS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT HER.
Meantime, this rumor from weeks ago about Madonna getting a cameo in some crapfest for pre-teen girls which poped up again this week has now been laid to rest:
ACE SHOWBIZ:

Summit Entertainment are said to have no plan in casting Madonna in 'New Moon', but the 'Miles Away' songstress might contribute to the soundtrack.

Madonna may not be seen in "New Moon" after all. Citing on a source close to the production, Entertainment Weekly reported contrary to the circulating rumors suggesting that Madonna will make an appearance in the"Twilight" sequel, Summit Entertainment have no plans in bringing the "Evita" star into the project.

Though slamming the casting rumor, the trade hinted on the possibility of her making a contribution to the sequel's soundtrack. "However, because Madonna's manager, Guy Oseary, is a producer on the project, there is some talk of her providing songs for the sequel," EW's report read. Still, it should be noted that no deals have been set in stone so far on the matter.
Old 02-18-09, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Elpresidentepez
I'm by no means saying she is a good actress, but saying that Evita required no acting whatsoever seems unfair. with Madonna it seems like with the right script and the right director she can pass off as adequate. Not exactly praise, but certainly not worth all of the venom coming from this thread. And the "she's just playing herself" bit is lame, because one could make the argument that Mariah Carey was playing herself in Glitter, and that performance was worse than anything Madonna has ever done.
Usually people looking to discredit Evita will say Madonna was playing herself, but Daytripper saved that for Desperately Seeking Susan. That Evita had no acting in it, that's certainly one I haven't heard before.
Old 02-18-09, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by DRG
She still has a huge fanbase, that can't be denied, but as far as universal mainstream popularity I don't think she is anywhere near what she was in 1985 or even 1995. There are quite a few people, like it or not, who feel she has sort of 'worn out her welcome' in the public spotlight, between the baby antics and the kaballah and everything else.

You can argue that she doesn't 'deserve' to get bashed, but that's part of being famous. Look at Tom Cruise, Michael Jackson, George Bush, Miley Cyrus, Sarah Palin, Paris Hilton, hell, even the octuplet mom. It comes with the territory.

If she got a huge part in some film by some big name director everyone was looking forward to, sure that would be understandable, but a rumor of a cameo in a film for tweens?
Old 02-18-09, 09:32 PM

Not if we shut him down.
LOL how does one get "shut down" around here?
Old 02-18-09, 09:42 PM

Just wait until the actual movies come out where people attack her performance. Are you going to post in each and every one of those threads telling them to grow up too!?
Movies? You're getting way ahead of yourself. Even if she were a fantastic actress her age and her celebrity would have put a stop to her acting for the most part at this point. I don't know what offends you so much about a cameo or makes you think she's going to be staring in movies. Maybe getting news from comedians is not a good idea? This whole topic is rediculous.
Old 02-18-09, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ChristopherS
LOL how does one get "shut down" around here?

Happens all the time.
Old 02-18-09, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Movies? You're getting way ahead of yourself. Even if she were a fantastic actress her age and her celebrity would have put a stop to her acting for the most part at this point. I don't know what offends you so much about a cameo or makes you think she's going to be staring in movies. Maybe getting news from comedians is not a good idea? This whole topic is rediculous.
If it's so "rediculous", why are you here? And who said I got this news from a comedian? I said a comedian commented on it too. This topic is everywhere buddy. Google it.
Old 02-18-09, 11:39 PM
Cool New Member

Telling someone to get lost who started the thread, man you're a piece of work.
And more than a little off your rocker.
Old 02-19-09, 09:46 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If she got a huge part in some film by some big name director everyone was looking forward to, sure that would be understandable, but a rumor of a cameo in a film for tweens?
Well, to be fair the original post has two articles about two very different film projects, the Twilight thing is just one of them.
Old 02-19-09, 09:48 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts

Given the absurd number of RTPs from this thread, I'm just closing it. I don't know why people who are supposed to be adults can't act that way.