Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Here we go again...."Dance Flick"

Old 11-15-08, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here we go again...."Dance Flick"

More shit coming our way. It never ends.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=1340&item=0
Old 11-15-08, 05:41 PM

I will be seeing this. My wife is ga ga crazy over crap like this and ever since she seen the trailer on myspace she said we "have" to see that. I will probally convince her to go see it before Friday The 13th. I have seen every Spoof Movie in theaters since Epic Movie.
Old 11-15-08, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rated_R_Outlaw View Post
I will be seeing this. My wife is ga ga crazy over crap like this and ever since she seen the trailer on myspace she said we "have" to see that. I will probally convince her to go see it before Friday The 13th. I have seen every Spoof Movie in theaters since Epic Movie.
Old 11-15-08, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It doesnt look half bad, Better looking that Spartan, disaster, etc.
Old 11-15-08, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
It doesnt look half bad, Better looking that Spartan, disaster, etc.
You're right. It looks twice as half bad. Just because it doesn't look as shitty as all the other "parodies" still doesn't make it watchable. I didn't laugh once during the trailer. Not once. And "Flashdance"!?? Come on, are you kidding me? I'm stunned they didn't spoof "Fame" and "Saturday Night Fever" too.
Old 11-15-08, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wayans Bros this time.
Old 11-15-08, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rated_R_Outlaw View Post
I will be seeing this. My wife is ga ga crazy over crap like this and ever since she seen the trailer on myspace she said we "have" to see that ... I have seen every Spoof Movie in theaters since Epic Movie.
Eeee! I don't know if I've ever really CRINGED at a post. Maybe the posts in 'other' that discussed a mother putting her kid in the drier because she was angry at her boyfriend. Yea, that one made me cringe. Most posts, not so much.

So, um, your wife is obviously just fucking with you. NOBODY could possibly like those movies. What do you do to fight back? Do you make her sit through some artsy-fartsy festival-circuit movies? I hope that she at least gets a little freaky deeky to make up for those viewings.

I LOVE movies. I love ALL movies. You will rarely find me 'putting down' a movie. I tried to watch Meet the Spartans and it really did make me feel like shit. There's just something about the movie that's soooo bad. It's not just bad on the surface. It's bad to the core. It's rotten. Not 'haha that's dirty' rotten. More like 'I just threw up in my mouth and there was some stingy stomach acid in there' bad.

[This post is in good, fun taste. Please don't be offended.]
Old 11-15-08, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It doesn't look good, but it looks like it'd be way better than any of the Friedberg/Seltzer parody films. Even so, I think the parody genre should be retired for a while, at least until someone new comes along with some sort of fresh take on things (in other words, a GOOD take on things).
Old 11-15-08, 09:27 PM

I thought the baby being shot out of the pregnant chick was lame, but then the locker joke made up for it. It doesn't look very good, but the trailer cracked me up a bit, so it might be "watch it on premium channel" worthy.
Old 11-15-08, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

it doesnt look so bad.... plus the wayans actually are producing it
Old 11-15-08, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Brack View Post
I thought the baby being shot out of the pregnant chick was lame, but then the locker joke made up for it. It doesn't look very good, but the trailer cracked me up a bit, so it might be "watch it on premium channel" worthy.
Kim Wayans (and where is she now btw!??) did this on "In Living Color" back in the day. As an audience member laughing so hard at the Apollo, she shot her baby out across the stage. But the baby didn't dance. And I'll watch this on cable. I do everything. But enough with these films being released in the theaters!
Old 11-15-08, 10:57 PM

^^^ I almost forgot about that skit. I used to love the show.
Old 11-16-08, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll have to admit, the trailer made me laugh...multiple times. No way I would see this in theatres, but i'll give it a rent when it hit's DVD.
Old 11-16-08, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It looks like The Godfather compared to the Friedberg/Seltzer crap and The Comebacks, but then again it's like saying Nixon was at least intelligent when he did bad things as President compared to Bush. It still looks horrendous.
Old 11-16-08, 08:37 AM
Banned

bits of the trailer made me laugh...I may watch it in 3 years when it's on TV or my sis rents it when it comes out...but I'll never watch it in a theater or rent it myself...
Old 11-16-08, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The headspin into the floor was funny. It didn't look too terrible and I think that because the Wayans are involved there is at least a bit of hope. However, they did make that super turd Little Man so we will just have to wait and see.
Old 11-16-08, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
The headspin into the floor was funny. It didn't look too terrible and I think that because the Wayans are involved there is at least a bit of hope. However, they did make that super turd Little Man so we will just have to wait and see.
Don't forget:

Just saying.
Old 11-16-08, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel View Post
Don't forget:

Just saying.
I had forgotten until you reminded me. Now I have to try and get that out of my mind. Thanks a lot!
Old 11-16-08, 01:34 PM

I think that this will be at least a little funny. It looks the spoofs of old, not the epic move, meet the spartans kind where nothing makes sense.
Old 11-16-08, 01:41 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

a baby break dancing right after being shot out of the womb is good for at least $20 mil on opening weekend.
Old 11-16-08, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk God

yeah, looks like shit, but there were actually a few moments of chuckle in that trailer.

when he goes to kiss the white chick and sees the black girls was the best one.
Old 11-16-08, 04:54 PM

The only reason we know this isn't a _______ Movie is that we would have Obama stepping Joe the Plumber. This has a bit less of NOW referencing.
Old 11-16-08, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I couldn't stop laughing The baby locked up in the locker room lmao
Old 11-16-08, 08:37 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

While it doesn't look like a movie of the year candidate, I think it still looks worlds better than the Date/Epic/Disater Movies or Meet the Spartans. This one at least looks like it spoofs what it purports to be spoofing instead of just referencing a bunch of random crap. Plus it tries for humor that isn't just about referencing other movies.

Last edited by DRG; 11-16-08 at 08:44 PM.
Old 11-17-08, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yep, looks lightyears better than the Friedberg/Seltzer abortions... I'm sure it won't be great but looks to have a few decent bits.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.