Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan)

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-09, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
re: The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan)

I picture Catwoman as someone more like Rhona Mitra. Maybe i read too many of the comics when Jim Balent was doing the covers.
Old 08-31-09, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I'd like to see Jean Paul Valley reworked as a member of the League of Shadows who masquerades as a murderous vigilante the police mistake for Batman.
I think there's plenty of material the Nolans could take from the Knightfall/KnightsEnd series between Bane and Jean Paul Valley.
Old 08-31-09, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 676 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Make Lex Luthor the next Batman villain.
I always wondered what was being planned for the now dead Superman vs. Batman movie and today I found the following at Wikipedia:

Goldsman's draft (dated June 21, 2002), had the premise of Bruce Wayne trying to shake all of the demons in his life after his five year retirement of crime fighting. Meanwhile, Clark Kent is down on his luck and in despair. Dick Grayson, Alfred Pennyworth and Commissioner Gordon are all dead and Clark has just recently divorced Lois Lane. Clark serves as Bruce's best man at his wedding to the beautiful and lovely Elizabeth Miller. After Elizabeth is killed by the Joker at the honeymoon, Bruce is forced to don the Batsuit once more, tangling a plot which involves Lex Luthor, while Clark sways with a romance with Lana Lang in Smallville.
Old 08-31-09, 12:33 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NoirFan
Cate Blanchett? Though she is pushing 40. And PSH would be the perfect Penguin.
Though I do love her work I don't think she has the look for Kyle. I must say, I think it's unanimous that PSH is The Penguin...that is if the next film has a Penguin
Old 08-31-09, 01:35 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

After seeing Inglourious Basterds, I think Melanie Laurent could make a fantastic Selina Kyle.
Old 09-01-09, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PSH as Penguin would be great. I think making the villain rich would go over well with the economy being as it is. Wikipedia tells me Penguin was a club owner. He could do that plus faux-humanitarianism while also secretly dealing with drugs, prostitution, etc. Batman steps in to clean house. Penguin hires/creates Bane to kill him. I'd go see it.
Old 09-01-09, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Tying the Joker's anarchy to economic woes would be good too. The city became less attractive to outside investment, making it opportune for someone with ill-gotten gains to increase their influence. Not to mention having the National Guard in place because the city's police force was so corrupt.
Old 09-01-09, 02:49 AM
Banned by request

I still think Bane is a bad choice. I was never that crazy about the character to begin with.
Old 09-01-09, 08:13 AM
Banned

Nor was I, and in general I'm not. But the TAS Bane was a great villain, alongside with Bane's initial debut in the comics as well. He wasn't some big muscle, he also had a brain.

I found it funny that in TDK there's a newspaper headline with The Iceberg Lounge. It's totally plausible that he already does exist but isn't on Batman's radar atm.
Old 09-01-09, 08:18 AM
Banned by request

I've read the Knightfall storyline, I know how Bane was originally. I just don't think he's a very interesting character.
Old 09-01-09, 08:30 AM
Banned

I could see him in a business suit doing what he does. Give him literally a criminal mastermind look. Minus the leather on him and all. Of course he'd operate under a mask but...if anyone could work that I'm sure Nolan could. I'm amazed he was able to work in Al Guhl....a popular but very publicly obscure villain for sure.
Old 09-01-09, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they should have someone we haven't seen before as the main foe during the next movie. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Nolan's take on The Riddler or Penguin. I'd love to see Clayface, but I know Nolan wants to keep it more realistic, so that pretty much eliminates characters like Clayface and Killer Croc. Still, it would be nice to see them on film.

Regardless of who they have as the main villain, I'd love to see them then include Harley Quinn as a side-villain that is making it more difficult for Batman to deal with the main villain. They could have her do Joker-esque crimes, which would necessitate Batman visiting Arkham Asylum in Silence of the Lambs fashion; have Batman talk to The Joker, to see if he can get any information on what is going on. Joker could offer him hints or just taunt him, but all the while remains hidden in the shadows; I am sure they have enough Ledger vocals to splice something together.

Then also include Selina Kyle as a possible love interest for Bruce Wayne, possibly alluding to her status of Catwoman, but not having Bruce realize it for the majority of the movie.
Old 09-01-09, 09:54 AM
Banned

Clayface played by Ron Perlman...just like the cartoon..well..maybe not when he's human but you know what I mean. Damn, TAS really nailed it right with the voice casting

In all seriousness: I don't think Harley would work out like that. It'd be too much of still having a Joker element without him literally causing the havoc. It'd totally polarize what we'd want from The Joker. It's either he's in Arkham being creepy or he's out doing crime. Not much of a middle ground. I too would like to see a Nolan version of the Riddler, along with a PSH Penguin maybe playing in a small role as the arms dealer he is.
Old 09-01-09, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,925 Likes on 1,184 Posts

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
You mean cut back more than in The Dark Knight, where he used Batarangs and smoke bombs a total of zero times?
Point Taken.
Old 09-01-09, 11:55 AM
Banned by request

That was one of my very few gripes with TDK, there's even a shot of him putting away Batarangs when he's planning on going public, but not once does he actually use them.
Old 09-01-09, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 786 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
I could see him in a business suit doing what he does. Give him literally a criminal mastermind look. Minus the leather on him and all. Of course he'd operate under a mask but...if anyone could work that I'm sure Nolan could.
Old 09-01-09, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 224 Posts

Megan Fox as Catwoman. Cate Blanchett as the Joker.

Or:

Ashley Olsen as Catwoman. Mary-Kate as the Joker.
(I'd pay to see that. I'm sure I'd regret it for the rest of my life, but I'd definitely pay.)
Old 09-01-09, 03:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by devilshalo
well...I meant for Bane. I know who Black Mask is. Bane wore a business suit once in TAS he still looked badass.
Old 09-10-09, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but it showed up on the IMDBPro page for the film. Granted, it looks cool, but far from an official poster. Maybe it's just an early mockup?

http://www.pro.imdb.com/title/tt1345836/

Old 09-10-09, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's not a hard concept to understand: no one has been hired to write a new Batman movie, therefore anything you see online related to casting or characters is going to be wild speculation and therefore not official. Even "early mockups".
Old 09-10-09, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by FinkPish
It's not a hard concept to understand: no one has been hired to write a new Batman movie, therefore anything you see online related to casting or characters is going to be wild speculation and therefore not official. Even "early mockups".
Even as the official pic on IMDB? It's not like just anybody can get an image on there. It's on the regular site too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1345836/
Old 09-10-09, 02:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They must have some extra Heath Ledger Joker footage not used in TDK that they could use for the next movie. Like they did with SCARECROW in TDK.
Old 09-10-09, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 676 Likes on 525 Posts

I wish they'd give Scarecrow something to do beyond his little cameo in TDK. What was the point of giving him an origin in BB if he was just to be a minor plot device and then discarded in a teaser sequence in the sequel?
Old 09-10-09, 02:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric D.
Even as the official pic on IMDB? It's not like just anybody can get an image on there. It's on the regular site too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1345836/
Wow is that real? Thats big news right there. Unless anybody can upload picture for the movie.
Old 09-10-09, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,061 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric D.

Michael Jackson as Riddler?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.