Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-09, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Wolverine - Solo

If you have to answer that, droidguy, please just PM RocShemp. I don't want to risk opening it in the future.
Old 04-01-09, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm an hour into the film. So far... not that good.
Old 04-01-09, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
If you have to answer that, droidguy, please just PM RocShemp. I don't want to risk opening it in the future.
Spoiler tags aren't good enough now? I don't mean to sound harsh, but we have enough people not tagging their posts, yet now even tagging them isn't enough? If someone wants to know something elaborate, I'll consider PMing it, but spoiler tags are designed to help people avoid spoilers.

Last edited by tylergfoster; 04-02-09 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-01-09, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

At least you quoted the post you were responding to. Too many floating spoilers with no context in these forums.
Old 04-01-09, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 638 Likes on 492 Posts

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
Spoiler tags aren't good enough now? I don't mean to sound harsh, but we have enough people not tagging their posts, yet now even tagging them isn't enough? If someone wants to know something elaborate, I'll consider PMing it, but spoiler tags are designed to help people avoid spoilers, and in any case, the answer isn't much of an answer.
Spoiler:
Well, according to my comic-book-reading friends, "He's survived worse."
Well, I'll remain cautiously optimistic.
Spoiler:
Unfortunatley the movies have really downgraded a lot of these characters. That's why I worry about Deadpool getting a permanent death.

Once again, thanks for the answers.
Old 04-01-09, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Meh. I want to go in surprised.
Old 04-01-09, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,368 Likes on 930 Posts

yeah, i'm definitely going to wait until the theater.
Old 04-01-09, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hrm. Most of the "meat" of the movie was done but the icing on the cake was what's missing. I don't think that the finished product will really do much more good though. There were just too many unnecessary scenes. There is also a great deal of incongruity when it comes to how the movie is shot and what kind of scenes they are portraying.
Old 04-01-09, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Superboy
There is also a great deal of incongruity when it comes to how the movie is shot and what kind of scenes they are portraying.
Bland photography? Or overly produced shots and edits?
Old 04-01-09, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I watched it because I couldn't wait and I fully plan on going to see the finished product at the theater and pay just like everyone else. I wanted to see how much changes in the final film and if it makes it better.

The version I just saw is underwhelming to say the least. I didn't dislike it but there was no real excitement for me. I liked seeing blob more than anything. I'm hoping the changes made improve the film and seeing it with better sound, effects and on the big screen will make the difference.
Old 04-02-09, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm planning on seeing the theatrical cut, but this was really bad. I'd be surprised if the final product can improve this much. VERY weak effort.
Old 04-02-09, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

From what I've read this is just a workprint, right?

I'm guessing this is the version before the reshoots which I guess from reading can only help.

So long as it's better than The Last Stand I won't be ridiculously disappointed.. just pissed. This movie has too much potential to stink.
Old 04-02-09, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 217 Likes on 156 Posts

I enjoyed it, I'd probably place it as my 2nd or 3rd fave in the series. X-Men is probably my fav comic movies at the moment (the new Batman's a close second) but I know next to nothing about the comics.... so I'm not looking at it from that perspective.

This is probably the most violent of the movies, definitely some harsh stuff in there... which I was kinda glad to see. There is some structure issues, it's pretty all over the place... needed more setup in the beginning for it to pay off better I think. It'll be interesting to see what the changes are for the final film...there's a few scenes I think could go, and some I'd like to see last longer.

I'm a little confused as to how long before the first film this is supposed to take place... It's tied closer than I expected, which makes the recasting of Stryker more disappointing. Tho I thought Liev Schreiber was great.
Old 04-02-09, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ damn dude can you spoiler that, the movie isn't even out yet so don't give me any "well you shouldn't be reading a thread for a movie you haven't seen and not expect spoilers"
Old 04-02-09, 11:30 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, Spoiler that bro...
Old 04-02-09, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

That should have all been spoilered. This is a page dedicated to the discussion and anticipation of the film. Not reviews. If it was a reviews thread I'd understand visible spoilers.

It could have been a mistake (I've made the same myself) but it needs to be corrected.
Old 04-02-09, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
^ damn dude can you spoiler that, the movie isn't even out yet so don't give me any "well you shouldn't be reading a thread for a movie you haven't seen and not expect spoilers"
What have i said that is a spolier? I gave opinions on the actors performances, the opening credits and where a specific scene is set....and a very cut away scene at that. Where as the final scene after the end credits for Hulk and Iron Man worked and set up future movies...this scene just feels like it was an after thought. I have not mentioned what happens in it or any specific details on any part of the movie. My opinions were on the actor performances and some were better than others. This is just my personal opinion and does not give anything away with regards to the movie storyline. Jeez......if you don't want to know anything AT ALL about a movie then you are in the wrong place at this forum. Sorry guys but the movie is out there now and to read this thread and not expect people to discuss their thoughts on what they have seen is now a moot point.

Last edited by james2025a; 04-02-09 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-02-09, 12:17 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No, you did do all that you said but you also gave away details of a scene that most would think is very relevant to the character's further storyline.
Old 04-02-09, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by james2025a
What have i said that is a spolier? I gave opinions on the actors performances, the opening credits and where a specific scene is set....and a very cut away scene at that. Where as the final scene after the end credits for Hulk and Iron Man worked and set up future movies...this scene just feels like it was an after thought. I have not mentioned what happens in it or any specific details on any part of the movie. My opinions were on the actor performances and some were better than others. This is just my personal opinion and does not give anything away with regards to the movie storyline. Jeez......if you don't want to know anything AT ALL about a movie then you are in the wrong place at this forum. Sorry guys but the movie is out there now and to read this thread and not expect people to discuss their thoughts on what they have seen is now a moot point.
i see you changed it.
Old 04-02-09, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 739 Likes on 541 Posts

Sorry guys but the movie is out there now and to read this thread and not expect people to discuss their thoughts on what they have seen is now a moot point.
So I've seen the first full episode of Harper's Island publicly (at Wonder Con), does that give me free reign to start a thread and discuss plot points and who dies eventhough it does not air until April 9th?
Old 04-02-09, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,683 Likes on 2,650 Posts

No thanks.
I'm going to spend the $8-9 and catch a matinee May 1st and see this movie the way it was meant to be seen.

Plus, I'm not to risk going to a web site that FOX has already flagged and risk having them trace my ISP address.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-02-09 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-02-09, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by devilshalo
So I've seen the first full episode of Harper's Island publicly (at Wonder Con), does that give me free reign to start a thread and discuss plot points and who dies eventhough it does not air until April 9th?
No...but where in my post did i mention ANYTHING about the plot, who dies, who lives.....anything. And congratulations on seeing something at Wonder Con. I will sleep sounder tonight knowing that. Spoiler alert....thats called sarcasm. Why do i have the Conan O'Brien impression of a nerd whilst reading your post.
Old 04-02-09, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
I didn't see what he said, but for the record, the scene after the credits is nothing special.

The main reason I watched it is because when the movie opens I get to see what the reshoots have done for the movie, which will be interesting. It was also cool to watch a movie with incomplete special effects, although that mainly provides unintentional humor.
Exactly...i could describe the scene in detail and it would really be nothing to give away. Its a throwaway scene at best. What i posted gave nothing away, and i totally agree that i am looking forward to seeing it in the theatre to see the differences in the two.
Old 04-02-09, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
No, you did do all that you said but you also gave away details of a scene that most would think is very relevant to the character's further storyline.
Well anyone that knows even anything slightly remote about Wolverine will not be surprised in the slightest about this scene and will probably be in fact highly disappointed by it. Anyone that knows nothing about the character will be none the wiser. So i don't see your argument.

And yes i did remove it because i didn't intend to post a "spoiler." You know something though, i would think that a lot of people might appreciate it. I missed the end scene at the end of Iron Man when i first saw it at the theatre and wish i had known about it before hand. I read that it had Nick Fury in before i saw it and it just made me excited to see it. I didn't feel that it spoilt anything, and that scene was VERY important for the future of those characters.
Old 04-02-09, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 739 Likes on 541 Posts

And congratulations on seeing something at Wonder Con. I will sleep sounder tonight knowing that. Spoiler alert....thats called sarcasm. Why do i have the Conan O'Brien impression of a nerd whilst reading your post.
Maybe you could give more of the plot next time, so I can find out more about Jack Black and Cloris Leachman.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.