Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Iron Man 2 - April 2010 (Favreau is directing)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Iron Man 2 - April 2010 (Favreau is directing)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-13, 08:21 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Iron Man 2 - April 2010 (Favreau is directing)

So do we know what kind of deal actors have with Marvel now? RDJr sure pissed off some Marvel guys with this whole thing.

I would hope it is along the normal kind of dealing one would expect. Cuz the way they shad it set up for the avengers was crazy.
Old 11-16-13, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
He was nominated but didn't win. TH is also known for being "difficult" at times on movie sets. Not sure that had anything to do with the decision to drop him from the sequel. I'm kind of surprised he was the highest paid actor on the first film. I would have thought RDJ or perhaps Jeff Bridges cashed the biggest check.
RDJ made low six-figures for the first IM film.
Old 11-16-13, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Good for him. That paid off nicely.

I quite liked Iron Man 2. A lot of people complained about the climax, and the lack of intensity. Sometimes I find that refreshing. The is already packed with rich fantasy-drama and production design. I enjoyed how it played out till the end and didn't focus on an overlong 45 minute finale.
Old 11-16-13, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/PHSl-B/yT7k3t_YLXoZ/embed/select/nZO5qE_qDVGR" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seems that someone is still bitter about being replaced.
Actually seems like someone is simply telling the facts about he was given the shaft.
Old 11-16-13, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by OutRun2
Actually seems like someone is simply telling the facts about he was given the shaft.
You haven't been paying attention.
Old 11-16-13, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
You haven't been paying attention.
I certainly have. Have you?
Old 11-16-13, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by OutRun2
I certainly have. Have you?
Yep. In the years since the first Iron Man film TH has become pretty irrelevant while RDJ is a superstar.

TH wanted to play hardball for more money for the sequel, the studio said fuck off, and here we are.

I will say that TH was good in Dead Man Down, though. This latest video of him spewing nonsense is him being bitter and an egomaniac.

We good or should I draw you a picture?
Old 11-16-13, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Lot of deleting going on in this thread.
Old 11-16-13, 07:49 PM
Banned

I don't even remember. That's how good the deleting was.
Old 11-16-13, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wife-beating aside, I've never found Terrance Howard to be a good actor. Serviceable, sure, but he's someone who really doesn't do much to warrant his inflated ego.

I thought he came off as a mustache-twirling stereotypical bad guy in Dead Man Down. Can anyone name a movie where Terrance Howard is the best actor in his role?
Old 11-16-13, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

/\ He was excellent in Hustle & Flow.
Old 11-16-13, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Yep. In the years since the first Iron Man film TH has become pretty irrelevant while RDJ is a superstar.

TH wanted to play hardball for more money for the sequel, the studio said fuck off, and here we are.

I will say that TH was good in Dead Man Down, though. This latest video of him spewing nonsense is him being bitter and an egomaniac.

We good or should I draw you a picture?
I've heard TH was stating he had a multi-contract deal already in place while shooting IM1, and it was Marvel that called him and stated they were reducing his already agreed upon salary, hence they wanted him to leave the project so they didn't have to pay him. He then called MDJ who didn't call him back for six months. Marvel didn't think twice about ditching Edward Norton either so I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 11-16-13, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
I've heard TH was stating he had a multi-contract deal already in place while shooting IM1, and it was Marvel that called him and stated they were reducing his already agreed upon salary, hence they wanted him to leave the project so they didn't have to pay him. He then called MDJ who didn't call him back for six months. Marvel didn't think twice about ditching Edward Norton either so I wouldn't be surprised.
They ditched Norton, because he was an unconscionable ball breaker and had script approval and busted on Louis Letterier all through production.

I've never heard that TH had multi-contract approval. He got a flat amount (4 million) for IM 1 and when that took off he wanted more. Also, so what if RDJ didn't call him back - RDJ got a pittance for IM1. This is the RDJ show and he deserves every penny. TH wanted to play hardball and it backfired. Even in other interviews TH has said that he screwed up on IM. I'm not really really sure where this latest clip is coming from. He's angry and bitter and it sounds like it was his own doing. He's also trying to stay releveant, because he's going the way of Cuba Gooding Jr.
Old 11-16-13, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

I'm no math wiz, but isn't 1/8th of something better than zero? He should have taken the deal and stayed in the Marvel Universe. Who knows what kind of fortune he could have made in potential sequels and spin-offs. Sounds like ego destroyed another Hollywood career.
Old 11-17-13, 06:01 AM
Banned

They ditched Norton, because he was an unconscionable ball breaker and had script approval and busted on Louis Letterier all through production.

I've never heard that TH had multi-contract approval. He got a flat amount (4 million) for IM 1 and when that took off he wanted more. Also, so what if RDJ didn't call him back - RDJ got a pittance for IM1. This is the RDJ show and he deserves every penny. TH wanted to play hardball and it backfired. Even in other interviews TH has said that he screwed up on IM. I'm not really really sure where this latest clip is coming from. He's angry and bitter and it sounds like it was his own doing. He's also trying to stay releveant, because he's going the way of Cuba Gooding Jr.
I'd still argue that the film would have gone better with his cut. Some good deleted scenes.
Old 11-17-13, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
I'm no math wiz, but isn't 1/8th of something better than zero? He should have taken the deal and stayed in the Marvel Universe. Who knows what kind of fortune he could have made in potential sequels and spin-offs. Sounds like ego destroyed another Hollywood career.
Assuming his story is true, yeah it's better than zero but probably not better than what he would have gotten on another project. Probably would have been embarrassing for him to accept the deal, as then other studios could also feel as if they can walk all over him.
Old 11-17-13, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Isn't this exactly what TH said in the recent video?
Old 11-17-13, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

WTF who f'n still cares about this? Wa wa wa wa Terence Howard. Fuck off.
Old 11-17-13, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones
Isn't this exactly what TH said in the recent video?
I didn't watch it. I've heard the story before though which is why I brought up he was already contracted for more films.
Old 11-17-13, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe Norton was right though? TIH could have been a lot better and props to Norton for fighting for it. I still want to see his cut of it.

MDJ should have fought for a better IM2-3. The third one was a mess.
Old 11-17-13, 11:40 AM
Banned

Who is MDJ?

IM3 rocked. Wasn't what I wanted for The Mandarin but I didn't mind it.
Old 11-17-13, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I think Norton was a bit more controversial to get rid of than Howard was seeing as he was the lead in The Incredible Hulk. Plus it sounds like he was trying to make the film better but maybe went about it the wrong way. At least he seemed to care about the project.

Honestly it seems really odd to me that Howard, who was only a side character in Iron Man was the highest paid actor as opposed to Bridges or Paltrow and I don't quite understand why Marvel would have banked a lot on him to keep him in the franchise. Really he's had some decent roles but looking over his filmography nothing that special.
Old 11-17-13, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I still like Howard better then Cheadle as Rhodey
Old 11-17-13, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer
WTF who f'n still cares about this? Wa wa wa wa Terence Howard. Fuck off.
The person who called in and asked the question. It's not like he brought it up randomly, he's promoting The Best Man Wedding.
Old 11-17-13, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,212 Likes on 2,072 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Who is MDJ?
I'm wondering the same thing, "MDJ" has been mentioned twice in this thread. I don't know if it's just a typo or if Morton Downey Jr. is to blame for all the problems in the Iron Man franchise.

TH doesn't seem to know when to keep his mouth shut. I remember when he was promoting Lee Daniels' The Butler and he kept bragging about playing with Oprah's big old titties in his sex scene. I'm far from an Oprah fan but be a damn professional when being interviewed, man!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.