Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Eagle Eye -- new thriller starring S. LeBeouf, M. Monaghan, R. Dawson,

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Eagle Eye -- new thriller starring S. LeBeouf, M. Monaghan, R. Dawson,

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-08, 10:06 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its really not a very good movie. The whole "2001", "Matrix", "Fugitive" rip off plot killed it for me. Plus there's an assisnation plot having to deal with the most unlikely weapon ever a
Spoiler:
trombone

wtf
Old 09-25-08, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That sucks. I was looking forward to this one.
Old 11-04-08, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had a chance to see it today for free so we stopped in. There is plenty of action. I love Michelle Monaghan, It was basically 2001 meets Enemy of the State
Old 11-29-08, 01:23 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
really good enjoyable thriller

Felt a bit like an updated version of the Net which isn't a bad thing

Good performances, yeah kept me interested
Old 12-21-08, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
I was really disappointed. I'm all for suspension of disbelief but so much of this plot made me laugh that it was hard to ignore the rediculous plot and inane logic.

Couple examples:
Spoiler:

1. This supercomputer, it's revealed, needs Jerry to override something or other (didn't care to pay attention by that point), yet she/it puts him in so many dangerous situations (jumping out of a building, onto a roof before landing in front of an oncoming train comes immediately to mind) that would probably kill him. What was the back up plan then? Secondly, this uber powerful computer couldn't figure out a way to do the voice override? Really??? This computer is basically controlling the entire world...

2. I realize this supercomputer got all this going by putting people's families in danger, but at some point someone would catch on to everything that's happening. It's hard to believe the computer could come up with this conspiracy with nobody catching on. But this goes back to why it even needed Jerry in the first place. The computer could orchastrate all of this but couldn't figure out a voice override?

3. The action scenes, especially the first major one, was actually thrilling but the one in D.C. when the supercomputer sends a drone to take out Shia and Billy Bob, the whole thing reminded me of Live Free or Die Hard. Some would say Billy Bob sacrificied himself because he was already dying, I say it was to get out of any possible sequel...

But even so, I still could only laugh as the climax scene unfolded.

Spoiler:

You have Rosario Dawson and some dude trying to disable the computer. OK, I'll buy that until... the computer fights back. Hilarious. And don't get me started about Michelle Monaghan at the State of the Union as she frantically tries to reach her son. Apparently the Secret Service had better things to do than notice a woman shoving people aside, running across aisles and whatnot... I won't bother talking about the trumbone, lol.

This isn't even close to being one of the worst movies I've ever seen, in fact there were a few entertaining moments, but it is easily one of the more inane plots I've witnessed in quite some time. I'm OK with mindless movies, I've enjoyed many over the years, but there was too much inane plot points to ignore.

2.75 / 5, C

Last edited by TheMovieman; 12-21-08 at 12:58 AM.