DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Movie Quote Contest, a little help needed (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/527909-movie-quote-contest-little-help-needed.html)

toxie321 03-24-08 09:37 AM

Nope. 13. isn't Vegas Vacation. Watched it last night and didn't hear that line.

RogerH 03-24-08 10:48 AM

Of course, I hope you realize that everyone else who uses Google to take the quiz is also finding this page and copying these answers, just like me! Thank you all for the help, I am now done!

John Galt 03-24-08 05:13 PM

25. "You may have noticed that Mr. Fincham has started dressing in my clothes. We must assume that this is part of his recovery."
A character search of Mr Fincham on IMDB pulls up "Driving Lessons." Maybe someone on here who has seen the movie can verify?

Heat 03-24-08 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by RogerH
Of course, I hope you realize that everyone else who uses Google to take the quiz is also finding this page and copying these answers, just like me! Thank you all for the help, I am now done!

Not quite, there are a few that aren't filled out yet - any ideas on those?

And of course I welcome all Springfield area residents who have found this thread through Google, copy the answers and browse around the forum in general. Obviously you are interested in movies, else you wouldn't be doing research to find answers to a movie quote contest, DVDTalk is a site I think you will like.

For the regulars, thanks for your help to date, just a few are left. I encourage everybody to enter the contest, a link is at the top of Post #1. The second place prize is four or five DVDs. The grand prize is 24 movie passes good only in Springfield, Illinois, but if you don't know anybody here you can always just put them on Craigslist.

Brack 03-24-08 07:46 PM

how very un-American, Heat ;)

Drexl 03-24-08 07:47 PM

Uh, with #44, I was joking about it being from Brokeback Mountain. It's actually from Meet the Robinsons.

Heat 03-25-08 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Drexl
Uh, with #44, I was joking about it being from Brokeback Mountain. It's actually from Meet the Robinsons.

Point taken. Just for kicks though, I'll leave it as Brokeback Mountain, for those who come to copy the list but don't bother to read the thread.

On a sidenote, I saw Idiocracy tonight and recognized the one quote from it. Interesting movie, worth a rental.

Brack 03-25-08 12:25 AM

go away, 'bating!

Enamo 03-25-08 02:52 PM

is Funny Farm

Heat 03-26-08 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Enamo
is Funny Farm

Got it, I'll make that correction at a later time - another minor speedbump for those who are just copying the answers rather than reading the thread. And I have confirmed that #12 is Before Sunrise (the one about the cow).

So, there are just two left...

13. "Remind me never to go skinny dipping with the bottle-nosed dolphins."
 (Not Vegas Vacation (?))

39. "Ground you? You stole an airplane from the Air Force. You had a girl and an open bottle of champagne in the cockpit."
 1941, or Waiting

For some reason I want to say that #39 is Independence Day, but that's a complete guess. Also, I've tried multiple google searches on these two, even with just a few words, and can't find anything.

And sorry, but the contest is only open to Illinois residents. You can enter of course even if you are from outside Illinois, but will be disqualified if you win (I guess).

Drexl 03-26-08 08:25 AM

#39 has got to be something with a kid, right? Or, if it's an adult it must be something where a parent still has the authority to ground him.