Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Predators in Predator 1 and 2

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-08, 08:41 PM
En vacance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always wondered about the differences between these two, The Predator from 1 seemed more of a hunter-type while the one from 2 was more of a warrior, but they showed qualities of both.

Predator 2 was obviously a young buck who brought all his cool gear with him, as opposed to the grizzled veteran who was "toughing it" in the original. Whattya think?
Old 03-16-08, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 250 Likes on 185 Posts
Sounds about right to me.
Old 03-16-08, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by FRwL
I always wondered about the differences between these two, The Predator from 1 seemed more of a hunter-type while the one from 2 was more of a warrior, but they showed qualities of both.

Predator 2 was obviously a young buck who brought all his cool gear with him, as opposed to the grizzled veteran who was "toughing it" in the original. Whattya think?

Agreed.

Predator 1=Kobe
Predator 2=LeBron
Old 03-16-08, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by thelwig14
Agreed.

Predator 1=Kobe
Predator 2=LeBron
So, the predator from the sequel could take the first predator any day of the week?
Old 03-16-08, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
So, the predator from the sequel could take the first predator any day of the week?

Hmmm, I thought I made it clear the first was far superior though the second could possibly get there....though it did struggle with Gary Busey and Danny Glover.

Predator 1=Peyton Manning
Predator 2=Eli
Old 03-16-08, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by thelwig14
Hmmm, I thought I made it clear the first was far superior though the second could possibly get there....though it did struggle with Gary Busey and Danny Glover.
To be fair, Gary Busey would give anybody a tough time.

I would kill to see a remake of Predator with Busey in the Schwarzenegger role.
Old 03-17-08, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Going on tangent here:

I don't understand how a Alien born from a Predator (Predalien) can retain so many characteristics of a Predator, but aliens born from humans don't really have that much as far as human characteristics.
Old 03-17-08, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts

If I remember right that's pretty much how the film makers presented it. Pred 2 brought different items with him and he was younger than Pred 1.
Old 03-17-08, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by UAIOE
Going on tangent here:

I don't understand how a Alien born from a Predator (Predalien) can retain so many characteristics of a Predator, but aliens born from humans don't really have that much as far as human characteristics.
Yeah the designers of the Predalien in AVP2 went too far in the design. I've seen much better versions of PredAliens.
Old 03-17-08, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO there hasn't been a decent Alien re design since the dog alien.
Old 03-17-08, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Predator 2 seemed smarter than Predator 1. While in hiding, he could apparently follow a police investigation even though English was not his native language. And he was so "street smart", he was always one step ahead of Danny Glover.
Old 03-17-08, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Predator from the first one would have wiped the floor with Danny Glover. When I saw predator 2 at the movies, I kept waiting for Mel Gibson to come around the corner, like Murtaugh was having a bad dream. I think we learned watching predator 2 that Danny Glover is No Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Old 03-17-08, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by TylerDurden_73
The Predator from the first one would have wiped the floor with Danny Glover. When I saw predator 2 at the movies, I kept waiting for Mel Gibson to come around the corner, like Murtaugh was having a bad dream. I think we learned watching predator 2 that Danny Glover is No Arnold Schwarzenegger.
What?
Old 03-17-08, 04:31 PM
Banned

Going on tangent here:

Because the makers of AVP:R looked at the comic books instead of using their brains. Plus they also new that all the little kiddies would think it was KEWL!!!
Old 03-17-08, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think we learned watching predator 2 that Danny Glover is No Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Well he wasn't supposed to even be the Arnold type, and I'm glad they went in that direction, a straight remake was more likely with Arnold. I love both films, I hope one day they make another Predator film, without the aliens.
Old 03-18-08, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Lt Ripley
Because the makers of AVP:R looked at the comic books instead of using their brains. Plus they also new that all the little kiddies would think it was KEWL!!!
I ask because I've seen these thing mentioned, not because I've bothered with the AvP movies.

There was a PS2/XBOX game "Predator: Concrete Jungle" that wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be with the Predator universe. Weyland-Yutani is mentioned in passing and there are aliens, but nobody knows them. It was cool to kill people Predator-style, but the levels were limited and there wasn't much replay value.

I think the most interesting idea someone had for a Predator-related storyline (which I believe was for a Duke3D total conversion) was someone time traveling to the 1600-1700's to fight a Predator but be limited to weapons of that era (until later in the game when futuristic weapons would be "sent back").

The idea is less interesting about the time travel aspect and more interesting in the idea of trying to fight the Predator with weapons less sophisticated than modern weapons, even thought the modern guns pretty much useless against him anyway.
Old 03-18-08, 08:41 AM
Suspended

Danny Glover was a last minute replacement for Patrick Swayze.
Old 03-18-08, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Drop
Well he wasn't supposed to even be the Arnold type, and I'm glad they went in that direction, a straight remake was more likely with Arnold. I love both films, I hope one day they make another Predator film, without the aliens.
Right, Danny Glover was just a cop. He may have been a really good cop, but he was still just a cop.

Arnold was a highly trained covert military guy. I guess I don't know exactly what outfit those guys were--maybe Delta Force, but I have no idea.

Anyway, his team were as tough as could be and he was the toughest of them all and even he almost got dusted by the Predator, so yeah it shouldn't be a knock on Danny Glover that Glover couldn't have taken the first Predator.
Old 03-18-08, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think the most bad ass Predator to date might the The Wolf from AVP:R. Sure, the movie was shit but that guy was the Winston Wolf of the series. He came and kicked ass while cleaning up his shit. It's a toss up between that one and the hunter from P1.

This flow chart should help:

Arnold > The Wolf > (or =) P1 > Danny Glover > P2 > Gary Busey
Old 03-25-08, 01:29 AM
En vacance

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal

Bill Paxton > the rest.

He took on an Alien, Predator, Terminator and even though lost he gained varied experience.
Old 03-25-08, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Bill Paxton > the rest.

He took on an Alien, Predator, Terminator and even though lost he gained varied experience.
So did Lance Henriksen

EDIT: Slight advantage to Lance because he "took on" a Queen no less.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 03-25-08 at 02:31 AM.
Old 03-25-08, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I forgot Lance was in one of the newer movies.

Lance is cool and all, but I don't count the AVP movies or the last two "Alien" movies.
Old 03-25-08, 04:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I forgot Lance was in one of the newer movies.

Lance is cool and all, but I don't count the AVP movies or the last two "Alien" movies.

I hear you but your personal tastes aside, they still count.
Old 03-25-08, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bill Paxton > the rest.

The tagline I've seen points out that Bill Paxton is the only guy to have been KILLED BY an Alien, a Predator and a Terminator.

I would add that he was the only VAMPIRE to have been killed by an Alien, a Predator and a Terminator.
Old 03-25-08, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
I think the most bad ass Predator to date might the The Wolf from AVP:R. Sure, the movie was shit but that guy was the Winston Wolf of the series. He came and kicked ass while cleaning up his shit. It's a toss up between that one and the hunter from P1.

This flow chart should help:

AVR:R Predator.

Complete Ultimate Badass.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.