Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Please delete this thread.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Please delete this thread.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-08, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ugh... Another PG-13 remake?
Old 02-19-08, 05:00 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had a chance to see this at a festival. It's an amazing documentary about the hardcore efforts to bring down sweatshops in third world countries. The tactics used by the militant anti-sweatshop groups are borderline terrorism, included the climactic 'deleting' of the warehouse holding all the factory's thread,
Spoiler:
destroyed via arson
in one of the film's most disturbing scenes. You want to cheer for the 'rebels', but their methods are so criminal and reckless it is difficult to take their side at times. In the end, you are really left asking yourself "How far would *I* go?" I really hope this film finds a U.S. distributor.
Old 02-19-08, 07:05 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 923 Likes on 776 Posts
i really liked the movie "Once".
Old 02-19-08, 07:14 PM
Banned

Old 02-19-08, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
i don't know were else to post this.
Old 02-19-08, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=525509

Old 02-20-08, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
"Hamburger Helper: Anyone else pissed that they changed?"

... alternate ending?!
Old 02-20-08, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
I had a chance to see this at a festival. It's an amazing documentary about the hardcore efforts to bring down sweatshops in third world countries. The tactics used by the militant anti-sweatshop groups are borderline terrorism, included the climactic 'deleting' of the warehouse holding all the factory's thread,
Spoiler:
destroyed via arson
in one of the film's most disturbing scenes.

I had no idea that they made the sauce mix in such hellish conditions until now...from now on it's store brand or nothing!

Makes me shudder to think of where the pasta is made...
Old 02-20-08, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oddly enough, somebody gave me a copy of the movie Once last week, I plan on watching it this week. I already have the soundtrack, it's pretty good.

Back to the Hamburger Helper movie, it's not a sequal to Good Burger, is it?
Old 02-20-08, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
The soundtrack is far too "indie" for my own taste. I mean, really, did they need to really go that far into that direction to scream "Indie film!" ? Really, I haven't seen more pretentiousness in most Starbucks cafe's then I did in this film.

Upon the second viewing the entire rape scene felt out of place. Even if it was only using one pound of beef. Best use of the white glove though.
Old 02-20-08, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The dialogue was so lame. It must have been written by a stripper.
Old 02-20-08, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
Cool.
Old 02-20-08, 09:17 AM

anyone ever eat at "Buffalo Wild Wings"? a new one opened up near me and i have been dying to try it out...
Old 02-20-08, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
they're okay, go for the specials -- ours actually has a happy hour at noon, and $0.25 chicken legs on Wednesdays (or did).

But in terms of absolute food quality, you can get better elsewhere (the wings in question vary, the chicken legs are good). Burgers aren't bad but Ruby Tuesdays (one of two things they do well) has em beat.
Old 02-20-08, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So one time I was at movies for Unbreakable. There's this girl and her friends at the front of the theater and she's talking as loud as she possibly can, but it's during the commercials so nobody cares. But then she does it through the trailers, so people tell her, "shhh." So of course, she gets louder.

Anyway, the movie starts and there's all these words on the screen. So she keeps yapping. Then this guy in the back stands up and yells, "BITCH...shut the FUCK UP!" She shut up. Everyone laughed.

I think that was my favorite part of Unbreakable.
Old 02-20-08, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mountain Biker
Can't wait to see what kind of gimmick the studio comes up with for the DVD packaging. A nice 2-Disc set packaged in my favorite HH box would be sick!
As long as it has an insert.
Old 02-20-08, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
So one time I was at movies for Unbreakable. There's this girl and her friends at the front of the theater and she's talking as loud as she possibly can, but it's during the commercials so nobody cares. But then she does it through the trailers, so people tell her, "shhh." So of course, she gets louder.

Anyway, the movie starts and there's all these words on the screen. So she keeps yapping. Then this guy in the back stands up and yells, "BITCH...shut the FUCK UP!" She shut up. Everyone laughed.

I think that was my favorite part of Unbreakable.
that's pretty funny.
i actually have an "Unbreakable" story as well, though not as funny. as i was going to the theater to get tix while my friends trailed behind on a Thanksgiving night, right in front of me was a mini-van with one of those dvd players for the kids. don't remember what was in it, but i think it was Pixar something, maybe "Finding Nemo", again not sure. but i was behind them and we went on this treachorous winding road and a car from the other lane was over just a bit of our lane and sideswiped the mini-van in front of me. everyone was alright though and i got to the theater to get tix for all of us just before it sold out (though i always felt guilty that somehow it was my fault).
Old 02-20-08, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Spoiler:
Old 02-20-08, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GyiU4-MG0fE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GyiU4-MG0fE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Teaser Trailer
Old 02-20-08, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
The soundtrack is far too "indie" for my own taste. I mean, really, did they need to really go that far into that direction to scream "Indie film!" ? Really, I haven't seen more pretentiousness in most Starbucks cafe's then I did in this film.
<-- Happy you aren't talking about Juno.