Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

London to Brighton

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-08, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
London to Brighton

I was looking for something on Rotten Tomatoes and came across London to Brighton.

I had not heard of it, but some of the responses sound very positive. I'd be interested in checking it out if possible. Has anybody seen it or know anybody who has?

http://beta.rottentomatoes.com/m/london_to_brighton/
http://www.l2b-themovie.co.uk/
Old 02-08-08, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Was going to post the same thread. I also saw this first on RT and the reviews are great. And I found the trailer after Googling it. It's not even on IMDB. It looks awesome. I contacted the local art house chain here in D.C. (Landmark) and they have no plans on showing it. The movie is 2 years old. So I went to Amazon.co.uk and bought it brand new for 5 pounds.
Old 02-10-08, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Was going to post the same thread. I also saw this first on RT and the reviews are great. And I found the trailer after Googling it. It's not even on IMDB. It looks awesome. I contacted the local art house chain here in D.C. (Landmark) and they have no plans on showing it. The movie is 2 years old. So I went to Amazon.co.uk and bought it brand new for 5 pounds.
Amazon.com didn't have it? Landmark off 395 Landmark? If it's good want to let me borrow it?
Old 02-10-08, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dang. I just watched the trailer and it was very brutal. I think I'd find it very nerve wrecking watching that.
Old 02-10-08, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Superman07
Amazon.com didn't have it? Landmark off 395 Landmark? If it's good want to let me borrow it?

Well, I assume you're in the D.C. area too. But, no, not THAT Landmark. The Landmark Theaters in D.C. and Bethesda (http://www.landmarktheaters.com/).
Old 02-13-08, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just got it from Amazon.co.uk and watched it. It's good, not great. Definitely worth a rental. It's very gritty and reminded of one of the "Prime Suspect" episodes during it's first few seasons. That kind of look and style. The little girl was quite good. She looks like she could be one of Macaulay Culkin's siblings.
Old 02-13-08, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for the feedback. I "Saved" it under my Netflix que, so I'll probably just wait until it is available through that channel.