Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Your Studio And You (1995) - Parker/Stone, Spielberg, Traci Lords

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-08, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's long gone from iFilm, but YouTube still has this amazing and notorious short: Your Studio And You, Trey Parker and Matt Stone's 1996 satire commissioned by Seagram's after their takeover of MCA/Universal. Featuring Steven Spielberg, Michael J. Fox, James Cameron, Angela Lansbury (painting the Psycho house!), and Traci Lords - most of them blitzed on wine coolers. Awesome.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Old 02-03-08, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saw this a few months back and thought it was hilarious. Spielberg and Cameron had to be my favorite cameos, especially since the latter has done nothing with Universal his entire career (though seeing Spielberg as a tour guide having a not-so-thrilled reaction to the Jaws shark was great too). Michael J. Fox as the "Gee, what does that mean?" kid was priceless.

And the Sylvester Stallone bits are brilliant with him telling the camera that Rocky is "just an act", foreshadowing the South Park with Wing where he has an interpreter.
Old 02-03-08, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Haha that's great. It's UCS for me!