Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Be Kind Rewind Trailer - Discussion Thread

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-10-08, 11:20 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jack Black and Moss Def are probably going to be pretty funny together - its a black and white thing. And I suspect the Danny Glover and Mia Farrow co-stars might be another nice contrast - i like both of these actors as well.

This movie will be released Feb 22nd just in time for Academy Award wknd -

Last edited by Arob; 02-11-08 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-10-08, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know I am looking forward to it, although something about it seems like it could flop.

There's a discussion already started here:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....be+kind+rewind
Old 01-10-08, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
I originally thought the idea was the dumbest I have ever heard but... I will admit the trailer actually looks good and made me laugh...so I may have to check it out.
Old 01-10-08, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So Arob, how much do you get paid to spam message boards about this movie?
Old 01-10-08, 12:28 PM

im 50/50 on seeing it.

i have a feeling its going to bomb
Old 01-10-08, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
So Arob, how much do you get paid to spam message boards about this movie?
Too much, sayeth Moss Def!

Old 01-11-08, 01:29 PM

It's 'Mos Def'. Jesus H. Christ people...
Old 01-11-08, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll watch anything with Moses Def.
Old 01-11-08, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

that whole first post is hilarious, especially with the trailer link in the sig.
Old 01-11-08, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by RyoHazuki
that whole first post is hilarious, especially with the trailer link in the sig.
I find it especially funny that this is the Canadian distributor spamming the movie. Even if he were to succeed, most people here wouldn't help him get a dime since we're not in the far frozen North.
Old 01-11-08, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I am looking forward too this very much, as soon as I heard the ghostbusters theme in the trailer I was SOLD. Looks great.
Old 01-11-08, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I also am looking forward to this. This will probably be the funniest movie of the year of 2008. Like great comedies of the past like The Airplane, The Animal Houses, The Lebowski, The Caddy's Shack and The Epic Date Movie I think this film will be totally off of the hook. I will be the first one standing in the line to buy my tickets to see this feature. Who knows, it will probably so far off of the hook that I will have to stand inline a second time to see it again. I really cannot wait for this movie to come to my local theater. I wonder which theater it will be shown in? HMM?! I guess I will use the site fandango, they are totally rad about telling me when movies are shown. I really like discussing movies will fellow people who like discussing movies.
Old 01-11-08, 03:51 PM

lol January 2008 join date.

He couldn't resist telling us about BE KIND REWIND.
Old 01-11-08, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by MartinBlank
Like great comedies of the past like The Airplane, The Animal Houses, The Lebowski, The Caddy's Shack and The Epic Date Movie.
You were good until that last one
Old 01-23-08, 03:20 PM
Banned

its Mos Def

It sure is.. they have pushed the release date to next week or maybe its the next week

if I got paid anything i would know that...

I'm just a guy who lingers around on discussion forums with trailer links as my signature
Old 01-28-08, 01:35 PM
Banned

When is this movie coming out already?

Can anyone tell me what the exact correct release date of this movie is..? I hear one thing and then i hear another?
Also will the soundtrack be available in HMV as one poster noted above? or was that a joke?
Old 01-28-08, 01:42 PM
Banned

Feb 22nd
Old 07-14-08, 05:32 PM

Be Kind Rewind is a very, very, very flawed film - in fact, possibly one of the most flawed in recent memory, in terms of things being included solely to allow the basic idea of the film (namely, the sweding of movies) to play out, and being left totally undeveloped and tokenistic.

However, it's a likeable film. The sweded films are wonderful, and by a long way, the best parts of the film, and I really think that Jack Black is a born entertainer. Mos Def is okay too, though he doesn't half mumble.
Old 07-14-08, 05:38 PM
Emeritus Reviewer

Originally Posted by orderandlaw
Be Kind Rewind is a very, very, very flawed film - in fact, possibly one of the most flawed in recent memory, in terms of things being included solely to allow the basic idea of the film (namely, the sweding of movies) to play out, and being left totally undeveloped and tokenistic.

However, it's a likeable film. The sweded films are wonderful, and by a long way, the best parts of the film, and I really think that Jack Black is a born entertainer. Mos Def is okay too, though he doesn't half mumble.
I reviewed the Blu-Ray version of the movie and largely agree with you. I wanted so much more than I got from it but it has some appealing moments...
Old 07-16-08, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 119 Likes on 85 Posts
I just got done watching it for the first time, and the movie left me empty. It's a great concept, great cast, and they did the best they could. But the film itself is not a good one. I blame part of it on the writing, the other part on the direction. So all in all, I'd give it a 5/10.
Old 07-21-08, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Daytripper
I just got done watching it for the first time, and the movie left me empty. It's a great concept, great cast, and they did the best they could. But the film itself is not a good one. I blame part of it on the writing, the other part on the direction. So all in all, I'd give it a 5/10.
Agreed. I was so excited by the trailer, and yet the final film left much to be desired once viewed. In fact, there really wasn't a lot of attention paid to the sweeding if you ignore Ghostbusters (which probably gave me the most laughts) and RH2. I found that I only chuckled a few times throughout actually.

Good job I didn't see this with the other half as originally planned. Stike one from the "owed" column!
Old 07-22-08, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 111 Likes on 54 Posts
I had really low expectations for this and enjoyed it quite a bit. By no means is it perfect, but it definitely has its moments. And the scene with the camouflage is one of the best sight gags I've seen in quite a while.