DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Night at the Museum 2 - ANNOUNCED! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/519844-night-museum-2-announced.html)

hotsexyboi 12-12-07 05:35 AM

Night at the Museum 2 - ANNOUNCED!

Ben Stiller is back and this time he’s stuck in the Smithsonian. Night at the Museum 2: Escape from the Smithsonian was announced by 20th Century Fox to be released on May 22, 2009. Directed by Shawn Levy, Museum 2 will yet again see a museum come to life this time adding new historical figures like Amelia Earhart.

Expect some if not all of the actors from the first production to return for Museum 2 along with Ben Stiller and make sure to check back with Screenhead in the coming weeks to see the full roster.

Screenhead.com

I am so excited about this...can't wait to see it! Wikipedia also has something about it.

TGM 12-12-07 05:46 AM

http://www.mgroves.com/images%5Cdo_not_want.jpg

Parcher 12-12-07 07:32 AM

Wasn't the first one a HORRIBLe movie?

Kicker_of_Elves 12-12-07 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe

:lol:

Daytripper 12-12-07 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Parcher

Yes! But it made money. So it doesn't matter. Bring on the next.

Groucho 12-12-07 08:05 AM

My daughter loved the first movie, and it got her interested in the historical people involved, as well as museums, dinosaurs, etc. I'm all for another installment.

Charlie Goose 12-12-07 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Yes! But it made A SHITLOAD OF money.

Fixed.

Not surprising. The first one was cute I guess. It's not like the sequel will water down the quality.

Joe Molotov 12-12-07 08:17 AM

Night and the Museum 2: Museum Harder

sauce07 12-12-07 08:26 AM

I hated the first one but I'm kinda excited for this one because they are filming at the Smithsonian here in DC. Been going to those museums since I was a little kid.

Giantrobo 12-12-07 08:59 AM

Not to me. I thought it was a fun flick. I look forward to NATM 2

Mopower 12-12-07 09:12 AM

nO.

Groucho 12-12-07 09:15 AM

The best part about the first movie was the poster here who HATED it so bad that he wrote SEVERAL long-winded diatribes against it. Those were hilarious, and I hope they get a sequel as well!

Mittman 12-12-07 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by sauce07
I hated the first one but I'm kinda excited for this one because they are filming at the Smithsonian here in DC. Been going to those museums since I was a little kid.

You and me both. I didn't even bother seeing the first after reading the reviews, though I did think the premise had the potential to be cute as a family flick. Knowing that this one is actually filming here @ the Smithsonian, I may have to check it out. You just know this is going to be another IMAX 3D flick, probably will play at the Smithonian as well all summer long.

Drexl 12-12-07 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
The best part about the first movie was the poster here who HATED it so bad that he wrote SEVERAL long-winded diatribes against it. Those were hilarious, and I hope they get a sequel as well!

Somehow I doubt that.

Seantn 12-12-07 10:44 AM

The first film made over $573 million worldwide, over 55 million in rentals, and probably even more in sales.

This was really just a matter of time.

Seantn 12-12-07 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Drexl
Somehow I doubt that.

If only he hadn't been banned!

Cardsfan111 12-12-07 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
My daughter loved the first movie, and it got her interested in the historical people involved, as well as museums, dinosaurs, etc. I'm all for another installment.

Same here. Only downside is she thinks Robin Williams IS Thomas Jefferson.

Giantrobo 12-12-07 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
Same here. Only downside is she thinks Robin Williams IS Thomas Jefferson.

Wow, I guess that's cool; but didn't Williams play Teddy Roosevelt? :confused:

uncle-frank 12-12-07 01:13 PM

the first one was passible, but doesnt deserve a sequel.

but the way things are working these days expect wild hogs 2 this summer

rexinnih 12-12-07 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Fixed.

Not surprising. The first one was cute I guess. It's not like the sequel will water down the quality.

I also put it in the "it was cute" category. Worth watching once.

Cardsfan111 12-12-07 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Wow, I guess that's cool; but didn't Williams play Teddy Roosevelt? :confused:

You're right...it is Roosevelt. Must have had Jefferson on the brain!

Zen Peckinpah 12-12-07 11:27 PM

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...BillPaxton.jpg
That's it, we're fucked, man! Game over, man, game over!

This message brought to you by my insatiable anger that Fox is releasing this instead of Avatar on Memorial Day weekend. Nothing like a worthless Ben Stiller sequel taking the place of James Cameron's first goddamned sci-fi movie since T2. Damn you, Fox. Damn you.

JPRaup 12-12-07 11:33 PM

The first one was fun. Will watch this on DVD.

Panda Phil 12-13-07 01:44 AM

Could be worse. Will Ferrell could be starring.

Brack 12-13-07 01:45 AM

^^^ and that's a bad thing?