Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Hey Hollywood...we don't want your Anti-War/Anti-US films

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Hey Hollywood...we don't want your Anti-War/Anti-US films

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-07, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 11-28-07, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not helping, Toddly.
Old 11-28-07, 06:44 PM
Cool New Member

>>> Do a google search for "Holy Roman Empire" along with "Slaughter", "Massacre" or "Religious Persecution"

http://www.google.com/search?q=Holy+...ient=firefox-a

http://www.google.com/search?q=Slaug...ient=firefox-a

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...re&btnG=Search

http://www.google.com/search?q=Relig...ient=firefox-a

>>> The Christians were doing it long before and the Romans for longer still.

Quite the contrary.

>>> Not helping, Toddly.

No kidding.
Old 11-28-07, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by toddly6666
Hey Republicans....we don't want your closed-minded, brainwashed opinions!
If you're too open-minded you're brains'll fall out
Old 11-28-07, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This thread clearly belongs in the political forum, any particular reason it's not there?
Old 11-28-07, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by toddly6666
Hey Republicans....we don't want your closed-minded, brainwashed opinions!
Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver
Not helping, Toddly.
It's comments like toddly6666's that piss me off....as I stated, apparently all on the right are just a bunch of ignorant country bumpkins, and he proved my point. That's the argument I always here, "you watch Fox...you listen to Rush...YOU'RE BRAINWASHED!!" How exactly, I don't know...which is weird, because I use to be liberal, now I'm not. I guess I was brainwashed of my own volition, right? But what do I know, I'm too stupid to think for myself...I better call Limbaugh so he can tell me what to do *DUUUUUURRRRR*

As I've also stated, ideology is what is it. This debate will never end. I guess we're all "closed-minded" and "brainwashed".

Actually, isn't the term close-minded? But what do I know, I'm just an ignorant red-stater from fly-over country. I'm surprised I'm allowed to vote. Man I'm stoooopid.
Old 11-28-07, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

^^^ He's not talking about Movies.
Old 11-28-07, 07:40 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
Someone posted that Bruce Willis was going to make a Pro War movie. I didn't see any of the "liberals" get mad about that. Interesting...
Old 11-28-07, 08:04 PM
Cool New Member

>>> It's comments like toddly6666's that piss me off....as I stated, apparently all on the right are just a bunch of ignorant country bumpkins

Martin,

Don’t worry about it. Don’t forget, you’re in a MOVIE forum talking to Redacted apologists. You’re talking to a few of the 3000 people out of 280 million who saw the “film”. You will never convince any of these guys otherwise. Many of those who disagree with the OP, as hard as they try, can not dispute the fact that people just don’t want to see these movies.

>>> I've seen the movie.

I don’t need to be addicted to Crystal-Meth in order know of its ill effects and argue strongly against it.
Old 11-28-07, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by StevieRayFan
I don’t need to be addicted to Crystal-Meth in order know of its ill effects and argue strongly against it.
Seeing a movie for what it is and being addicted to crystal meth aren't comparable, to say the least.
Old 11-28-07, 08:30 PM
Cool New Member

One reason I chose that example is because it actually is comparable when dealing with extremes. I’m simply not going to subject myself to De Palma’s crack induced vision. Second, it disarms your (unspoken) contention that those who haven’t seen the movie can’t accurately comment on it.

>>> Someone posted that Bruce Willis was going to make a Pro War movie. I didn't see any of the "liberals" get mad about that.

Going-to-make, and, having-made, are two different things… as are pro-war and anti-military.
Old 11-28-07, 08:37 PM

One reason I chose that example is because it actually is comparable when dealing with extremes. I’m simply not going to subject myself to De Palma’s crack induced vision. Second, it disarms your (unspoken) contention that those who haven’t seen the movie can’t accurately comment on it.

>>> Someone posted that Bruce Willis was going to make a Pro War movie. I didn't see any of the "liberals" get mad about that.

Going-to-make, and, having-made, are two different things… as are pro-war and anti-military.
There are some people in the military who aren't good people. Sorry you can't accept that.
Old 11-28-07, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Brack
Someone posted that Bruce Willis was going to make a Pro War movie. I didn't see any of the "liberals" get mad about that. Interesting...
I don't think that just because a film doesn't have an anti-war agenda slant to it, that automatically makes it "pro-war" (whatever that term means). As far as I know, his film is simply designed to tell a factual story from the invasion.
Old 11-28-07, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by BJacks
I don't think that just because a film doesn't have an anti-war agenda slant to it, that automatically makes it "pro-war" (whatever that term means). As far as I know, his film is simply designed to tell a factual story from the invasion.
I was just referring to the post made earlier.
Old 11-28-07, 09:53 PM
Cool New Member

>>> There are some people in the military who aren't good people. Sorry you can't accept that.

I accept it just fine.

Okay. I’ll make a movie about two black guys raping a white girl, then killing her and her white parents… and I wont focus on how other blacks will turn them in and have them punished. I’ll be sure to send copies to Jesse Jackson and Big Al. Then, I’ll take THEIR arguments (and likely yours too) about the injustice of it all… how the movie will get black people killed, etc., and redact it by inserting my name!
Old 11-28-07, 10:09 PM

>>> There are some people in the military who aren't good people. Sorry you can't accept that.

I accept it just fine.

Okay. I’ll make a movie about two black guys raping a white girl, then killing her and her white parents… and I wont focus on how other blacks will turn them in and have them punished. I’ll be sure to send copies to Jesse Jackson and Big Al. Then, I’ll take THEIR arguments (and likely yours too) about the injustice of it all… how the movie will get black people killed, etc., and redact it by inserting my name!
It's clear you've been misinformed of the events that occur in the film:

Spoiler:
In the film Redacted, there is an investigation of the rape. Obviously the soldiers had to have turned them in. Also in the film is videotaped confession of the rapist.
Old 11-28-07, 10:42 PM
Cool New Member

Sorry, my miscue. Should have read:

…and redact it [Jackson’s and Big Al’s arguments] by inserting my name! [before their arguments]

But you don’t agree that the military (US soldiers) have been painted in a very negative, and unjust way… so it’s understandable that you didn’t get my point, which was, admittedly, poorly stated.
Old 11-28-07, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't believe over a week went by with nobody mentioning "The Great Raid" as an absurdly pro-war and pro-military movie. It was released in 2005.

O'Reilly, Hannity, et. al were publicly fellating every member of the cast and crew to push that bad boy. Its budget was 70,000,000. Its domestic take? A whopping 10 mil.
Old 11-28-07, 11:21 PM

Sorry, my miscue. Should have read:

…and redact it [Jackson’s and Big Al’s arguments] by inserting my name! [before their arguments]

But you don’t agree that the military (US soldiers) have been painted in a very negative, and unjust way… so it’s understandable that you didn’t get my point, which was, admittedly, poorly stated.
The soldiers who did the actual wrongdoing were painted in a negative way, since, you know, they raped and murdered that girl and her family. The movie, however, does not in any way suggest that every soldier is doing this. The other segments of the movie show soldiers not at their finest moments, but I didn't necessarily think they were portrayed in a false light. They were mostly doing their job.

Last edited by Brack; 11-28-07 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-28-07, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Brack
I know, right!!!!111!!!11! Everytime I turn on the TV, all I here about is our brave men and women in uniform defending our freedoms. Gosh!! I'm so tired of all the positive news!!! Hello, McFly!! The term is EVIL Military Industrial Complex....why can't these ignorant red-staters understand that!??!?! I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure we have the freedoms we have today because...well, just because...I mean, come on, we've had them for a long time, they're not going anywhere!!! They written on paper, and as long as that paper's safe my right to say whatever I want will remain intact.

I with ya, bro!! Fuck Bruce Willis, and fuck anybody who chooses to portray our military in any sort of positive light!! Who's with me?!? "Power to the people!!" "Better Red than dead!!"! "From each according to his abilities to each according to his needs!!!!"

And it'll probably makes lots of money cuz they'll choose to release it around some holiday involving red, white, and blue AND they'll probably make sure it doesn't conflict with some NASCAR event. Stupid conservatives and all their stupidness!!!
Old 11-28-07, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by MartinBlank
I know, right!!!!111!!!11! Everytime I turn on the TV, all I here about is our brave men and women in uniform defending our freedoms. Gosh!! I'm so tired of all the positive news!!! Hello, McFly!! The term is EVIL Military Industrial Complex....why can't these ignorant red-staters understand that!??!?! I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure we have the freedoms we have today because...well, just because...I mean, come on, we've had them for a long time, they're not going anywhere!!! They written on paper, and as long as that paper's safe my right to say whatever I want will remain intact.

I with ya, bro!! Fuck Bruce Willis, and fuck anybody who chooses to portray our military in any sort of positive light!! Who's with me?!? "Power to the people!!" "Better Red than dead!!"! "From each according to his abilities to each according to his needs!!!!"

And it'll probably makes lots of money cuz they'll choose to release it around some holiday involving red, white, and blue AND they'll probably make sure it doesn't conflict with some NASCAR event. Stupid conservatives and all their stupidness!!!
I don't understand what you're trying to say. All I said was that none of us "liberals" give a shit about Bruce Willis' Pro War movie.
Old 11-28-07, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm just tired of all the "Pro-America" BS being spoonfed to us!! I'm pretty sure almost all of the rest of the World hates us right now...why can't we hate ourselves for being so evil?!?
Old 11-29-07, 12:03 AM

You proved my point beautifully. Thank you.
Old 11-29-07, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You're welcome.
Old 11-29-07, 01:35 AM

BTW, never said anything about conservatives. Just defending a movie that was being completely smeared.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.