Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Gone baby Gone

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-07, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Gone baby Gone

I searched the forum for this movie and didnt see a thread for this yet. It stars Casey Afflec Morgan Freeman, and Ed Harris. Saw it today and I thought it was one of the best movies this year. Definately an oscar contender. If you havent seen this movie yet i highly recommend it. For those who have seen the film:
Spoiler:
Do you think Patrick made the right decision for Amanda being returned to her mother?
Old 11-03-07, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=465816

(search by a single word in the title, works most of the time)
Old 11-03-07, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
sorry about that. I typed in the whole title and the thread never popped up.
Old 11-03-07, 10:41 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
I loved this movie. Very powerful stuff.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I was torn. While I do think Amanda would be "better off," I still think it's wrong to do that to not only the mother, but to the community trying to look for her. Just because someone has better means of taking care of another doesn't justify kidnapping. Kidnapping is never an option.
Old 11-04-07, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think Patrick was in the right. I wouldn't even argue that the ends justify the means in that situation, but when presented with the end result, the situation for the girl was much better off.

At the end of the day, some people have no business being parents and bringing children into the world. That's just a fact. I think Patrick potentially ruined that girls future. He did the "right" thing for the present situation, but the wrong thing regarding the girls' future.