Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

ALEXANDER fans..help me out..

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 10-20-07, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/ale...er2/large.html

Watch the trailer.
Notice the dialogue (or..monologue) when the screen reads "COLIN FARRELL".. (when the marker/dot is over the "r" in "intermediate films".

audio is something like "no one, not my (.....) enemy has spoken like you to me".

When in the movie does Alexander say this? I've seen it several times...but can't place it. Great movie and great trailer btw.
Old 10-20-07, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,435 Posts
*cricket chirping*

It's possible that it's a line that never made it into the movie. Happens all the time with trailers.

Of course it may very well be in the movie. I've only seen it once and stoped paying attention about half way through.
Old 10-20-07, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought he says it at one point to his mom....though, I haven't seen it in a couple months, so I can't be sure.
Old 10-20-07, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Haven't seen it, but aren't there like three versions of this movie? Trailers often times include lines that don't always make it in, but it might be in one of the versions...
Old 10-20-07, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It looks like the scene where him and his father get into a shouting match at a party, because Alexander disrepected someone at the party. One of his fathers wives I think.
Old 10-20-07, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This line is indeed included in the Alexander Revisited: Final Cut edition. The entire line is "You ungrateful wretch! No one, not my vilest enemy, has spoken like you to me."

Its when Alexander is in India and gets in a shouting match with Cleitus right before he kills him. The whole scene was extended from the original version.
Old 12-21-07, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I watched the final cut and was pleasantly surprised. For such a reviled movie it was quite good. Reminded more of a Shakespearan play with all the long dialogue scenes. The only parts I didn't care for were the bookend scenes with Anthony Hopkins. I thought those scenes were terrible. Very good film though.
Old 12-22-07, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anthony Hopkins and the word terrible it's unbelievable to think of this from one of greatest actor's of all-time!
Old 12-22-07, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It wasn't Hopkins fault. The dialogue was boring, the scenes were unnecessary and the way Hopkins was directed to play the character was like a caricature.
Old 12-22-07, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cranberries fan
Anthony Hopkins and the word terrible it's unbelievable to think of this from one of greatest actor's of all-time!
Not really. Hopkins has been phoning in his performances for years now. The last really great performance from him that I liked was in Titus back in 1999.
Old 12-22-07, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Defiant1
Not really. Hopkins has been phoning in his performances for years now. The last really great performance from him that I liked was in Titus back in 1999.

Just Titus I thought did great in Bobby (2006) and Titus is true gem of movie!