Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

'The Devil Came On Horseback - essential viewing.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 09-08-07, 10:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Currently making it's theatrical rollout around the nation:

(sorry I can't seem to access the playdates, my computer is having probs retreiving the info from the website)

http://www.thedevilcameonhorseback.com/

The film is both rivetting, heartbreaking and is required viewing to understand the genesis and history of the Darfu situation/ genocide - as recounted by stories and photos from Marine Brian Steidel who broke the story to the world.

I urge everyone to see this, as it's a history in the making account of a genocide that is largely being ignored by most of the world and little to no resolutions are being made to stop it.

The film will make it's DVD debut at the end of October, so if you miss it in the theatre - please rent it. At the screening I saw tonight both Brian Steidel and sister/film producer Gretchen Wallace urged everyone who has netflix to add to your DVD queue. The film will make it's tv debut next spring - no details on which network will air it (yet)
Old 09-09-07, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, thanks Giles for starting this thread. As cheesy as this sounds, what "Inconvenient Truth" did for the environment, "Devil" should do for humanity.

What an amazing doc. I think this has been a pretty good doc year, with many more to come, but I loved this. Doesn't take any political side, which is nice and different, but tackles a fundamental issue-save our fellow humans? Or have Rwanda/Holocaust II?

Essential viewing is right.

Grade: A-
Old 09-10-07, 08:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Zodiac_Speaking
Yes, thanks Giles for starting this thread. As cheesy as this sounds, what "Inconvenient Truth" did for the environment, "Devil" should do for humanity.

What an amazing doc. I think this has been a pretty good doc year, with many more to come, but I loved this. Doesn't take any political side, which is nice and different, but tackles a fundamental issue-save our fellow humans? Or have Rwanda/Holocaust II?

Essential viewing is right.

Grade: A-
however it did make mention that the US was the only country to declare the situation as 'genocide' - the rest of world, not so - the blatant erradication of innocent life is sickening. It also points the finger directly at China.
Old 09-10-07, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I needed to mention it was political domestically, not pointing fingers at either Rep or Dems (although you can make assumptions), but yes, internationally it does big time.