Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

GBU Showdown Music Question

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-07, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I just was watching The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly and was wondering where else I heard the final showdown music. Not the traditional GBU theme but the beating kind of music that plays right when Tuco stumbles upon the graveyard and is running around. I know it was used in another movie I just can't think of it. Any help would be great, it's driving me crazy. Thanks.
Old 08-12-07, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts
It's called "Ecstacy of Gold"

You might've heard it on a Metallica performance.
Old 08-12-07, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You mean "The Ecstasy of Gold?" Wikipedia says it's been used in the following:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
* Since moving to XM Satellite Radio in 2004, talk radio duo Opie and Anthony have used the original recording and various covers to open their live broadcasts, best-of compilations, and to end "The Walkover" bit.
* Metal band Metallica has used "The Ecstasy of Gold" as the introductory music for its concerts since 1983;[1] it is included on the live symphonic album S&M. A cover by Metallica appears on the 2007 Morricone tribute album We All Love Ennio Morricone.
* Famous cellist Yo-Yo Ma recorded this song in his tribute album, "Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone."
* The opening scene of Jackass Number Two (2006), in which the cast is chased through a suburban neighborhood by bulls, is accompanied by this piece.
* The beat on Jay-Z's song entititled "Blueprint 2", on his album Blueprint 2: The Gift and The Curse.
* The Game uses the "Blueprint 2" beat at the end of his diss track 300 Bars and Runnin'.
* Sampled for a Breez Evahflowin track featuring Immortal Technique titled "Land of the Gun" on the album Stronghold Mixtape Vol. 2
* It is also heavily sampled for the western themed RPG Wild Arms as the world map theme.
Old 08-13-07, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's such a great piece of music.
Old 08-13-07, 10:00 AM

Ahh yes, the Jackass 2 opening montage...thanks guys