Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What Do I Need To Do To See Grindhouse Now?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

What Do I Need To Do To See Grindhouse Now?

Old 08-21-07, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts
I thought the cenosorship for the trampolie bounce - film defect over the cooch - was clever and well done, so I'm kind of indifferent to what version gets released since that would ultimately be the only difference.
Old 08-22-07, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
And.. you know, miss the only good thing about these films which is the fake trailers mixed into them.
I'm sure they'll be on one of the discs. Watch them in between the films.
Old 08-22-07, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by abrg923
I'm sure they'll be on one of the discs. Watch them in between the films.

Don't be sure of something you aren't actually sure of.

http://www.themovieblog.com/archives..._trailers.html

"As if the news that the Grindhouse films were being split up for dvd release (Planet Terror and Death Proof will each get their own individual dvds releases and not together like in the theater) wasn't bad enough... I just found something out that perhaps everyone else knew already... but I didn't. Edgar Wright (the director of the "DON'T" trailer) just told us that the fake trailers from Grindhouse (some say they were the best part about the movie) will NOT be included on either movie. WTF!?!

The fake trailers from Grindhouse were one of the movie's big selling points. There were so much fun, and really an integral part of the whole Grindhouse watching experience. To keep them away from the fans of the film (the few who went out and supported it in theaters) on both DVDs is nothing but a swift kick in the nuts.

The strategy here is obvious. They want to get you to buy the DVDs twice. They're going to keep the trailers from you when they release the two films individually... and they get you to buy the Grindhouse Special Edition DVD with both movies AND the trailers.

I totally understand how this makes sense from a marketing standpoint... but at the same time I think it's awfully insulting to the fans. Such a shame."
Old 08-22-07, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, that's ridiculous. I was already not pleased about the split DVD, but if this is true, then no sale. No one should bend over for this kind of abuse.
Old 08-23-07, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I was just informed by a friend that Grindhouse will be appearing at a nearby $1 theater shortly, so it looks like I'll get to see this one more time.