Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

GRINDHOUSE 2: "Machete" and "The Babysitter Twins."

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-07, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Babysitter Twins Take Over in 'Grindhouse 2'

Even with the box office flop of Dimension Films' Grindhouse, star Danny Trejo has been talking very highly about the possibilities of a sequel starring his character featured in one of the faux trailers, "Machete", which would be directed by Robert Rodriguez. Since then there hasn't been a peep, until now. This afternoon Bloody-Disgusting was looming on set of The Black Waters of Echo's Pond, where the Babysitter twins (Electra & Elise Avellan) were on hand and had something quite interesting to say. Read on for this monster scoop.

One of my personal favorite parts of GRINDHOUSE where the super sexy Babysitter Twins, who were played by Robert Rodriguez's nieces Electra & Elise Avellan. Today we chatted with the lovely ladies who had some interesting news that will blow your socks off. We asked the girls about MACHETE to which Elise and Electra talked over each other, "Robert [Rodriguez] said he’d do it [Machete] and asked for us to be in it," they explain, "Robert wants to do GRINDHOUSE 2 with [the two films being] "Machete" and "The Babysitter Twins." The news sounds exciting, but now Rodriguez is busy with BARBARELLA and such, the twins don't know how soon we'll hear something official.

Although nothing is confirmed as to what will happen with GRINDHOUSE 2, the girls still know what their story would be about, assuming it's one of the next two films, "Robert mentioned something about the end of the world and Hollywood action films, where we’d be trained in Mexico to come back here and fight," Electra states. Elise then elaborates, "Hollywood starts fucking with us so we start killing… we [would] kill Harvey Weinstein in the movie, although that’s just talk now right," she clarifies.

BLOODY-DISGUSTING.com
Old 07-25-07, 08:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really hope Rodriguez does both flicks. Death Proof was one of the worst thing I have seen put onto film.
Old 07-25-07, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should see more movies.
Old 07-25-07, 08:20 PM
Banned

Probably an over exaggeration, but it was literally awful. Excited for these two films though.
Old 07-25-07, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Machete: "this time they fucked with the wrong, Mexican" LOL! This trailer was one of my favorite parts of the whole grindhouse double bill.
Old 07-25-07, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really don't understand the hate on Death Proof at all. I thought it was probably one of his most fascinating scripts, and the dialogue actually grabbed me (I'm an aspiring screenwriter and treat Tarantino's writing like Shakespeare).

However, Machete automatically has me sold, let alone Grindhouse 2. The Babysitter Twins thing sounds really cool.
Old 07-25-07, 08:53 PM
Banned

Believe me I love Tarantino, he was one of my favorite directors, and still has a chance to stay up there, but Death Proof feels like it was written by a third grader. It was boring, uninteresting, and pointless. Soon after leaving the theater I couldn't even recite a line from the movie, thats how remarkably unmemorable the script was.

Last edited by JPRaup; 07-25-07 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-25-07, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'd love to see a second Grindhouse, but it probably wouldn't work without Tarantino. The juxtaposition of the two contrasting styles is what made it so entertaining. 3+ hours of Planet Terror would have been way too much. Then again, I enjoyed the hell out of Death Proof, so what do I know. Not like this movie will ever happen anyway.

das
Old 07-25-07, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Eh.
Old 07-25-07, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey
Not like this movie will ever happen anyway.
Not in the way that Grindhouse did, but with the Weinsteins really wanting to put a lot of emphasis on direct-to-video genre stuff, this might be ideal, at least if Rodriguez can keep the runtimes short and the sticker price low enough.
Old 07-25-07, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Careful now. The insistence you have in Death Proof sucking (mainly the way you state it as fact) sounds like threadcrapping to me. But I'm not a mod.

I loved Death Proof and really liked Planet Terror (especially Josh Brolin). I'll see anything else Grindhouse that comes to light, but right now there's like six movies lined up: Roth wants to do Thanksgiving with Wright doing Don't, Quentin wants to do his Mandarin movie, now Rodriguez is throwing in not one, but two movies.
Old 07-26-07, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Same here, really loved Death Proof and just thought Planet Terror was OK. Way too OTT. Death Proof was actually a film. I'm glad the DVD releases will be seperate, because I couldn't help thinking how much more replay value Death Proof would have over Planet Terror in the long run.
Old 07-26-07, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Count me in as another that was underwhelmed by Death Proof. I just didn't flow for me.
Old 07-26-07, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i didn't like the first 25-30 minutes of Death Proof but after that it was great.
Old 07-26-07, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Death Proof ruled. anyone who thinks otherwise has been ruined by modern movies.

Grindhouse 2 should be Machete/Thanksgiving. I would be there opening night.
Old 07-26-07, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by JPRaup
I really hope Rodriguez does both flicks. Death Proof was one of the worst thing I have seen put onto film.

I loved Grindhouse but I think DeathProof was an amazing flick.
Old 07-26-07, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
For me,

First time watching Grindhouse:
PT: cool, fun!
DP: meh...

Second time watching Grindhouse:
PT: meh...
DP: cool, fun!!
Old 07-26-07, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This IS a thread about a potential Grindhouse 2, right? Or did I wander back into the old, overdone, beaten-to-death Grindhouse thread?
Old 07-26-07, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So they're gonna make another Grindhouse, but take out the biggest name involved? DTV?
Old 07-26-07, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I'm surprised to see this get greenlit after how shitty Grindhouse did / was received.
Old 07-26-07, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I'm surprised to see this get greenlit after how shitty Grindhouse did / was received.
It DID shitty business, but it was far from getting a shitty reception. It's currently one of the top 10 highest-rated films of 2007 on RT.
Old 07-26-07, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by KillerCannabis
It DID shitty business, but it was far from getting a shitty reception. It's currently one of the top 10 highest-rated films of 2007 on RT.
High ratings on rottentomatoes doesn't pay the bills. This should be a good seller on DVD, unless they manage to fuck it up too much with the goofy release schedule.
Old 07-27-07, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

This is just empty talk. Remember, its Rodriguez's nieces spouting off about some lackadaisical "wouldn't it be fun?" convo they had with him. Of course they are going to wish they have their own sequel film.

The entire endeavor had all kinds of lofty plans beforehand (a series of films, including direct to video spinoff film series- which was also said to include "Machete" at one time) but the bottom line is that the film failed to catch a spark with audiences and tanked well below expectations. Weinstien Company is seriously faltering and its highly doubtful they will greenlight a sequel. At best, there is a slight chance of low budget DTV flicks but not by anyone notable (sort of like Dimensions "Dusk til' Dawn" sequels)
Old 07-27-07, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

High ratings on rottentomatoes doesn't pay the bills.
Thanks for that insight.
Old 07-27-07, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well,there goes my dreams of a Werewolf Women of the SS/Thanksgiving double bill.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.