Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix — Reviews thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix — Reviews thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-07, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Superman07
...oh yeah. Anybody else feel like the London flyover looked a little fake? Not too terribly, but I thought the flying scenes, especially over water, were more realisting in Superman Returns.
Yes, I thought they looked poor too - I think it was because the camera shake in the background (it wasn't smooth) was not echoed in the movement of the foreground/overlay (the Order on their brooms).
Old 08-01-07, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
I'm probably going to be the only person who feels this way, but I would majorly disappointed if Cuaron got the directing gig for part 7. Don't get me wrong, I loved the look and move toward a darker tone in Azkaban. And after a second viewing I didn't even mind the sprucing of the story quite as much. BUT... that sprucing was forgivable because that book was essentially a transitional book in the series. But the lean, tight approach simply will not work for something with the arc and scale of Deathly Hallows, without excising major plot points and thowing away character altogether. I honestly have a hard time imagining it even as a three hour movie without feeling episodic and rushed, and that's with me mentally cutting out a bunch of the slower bits already.
Isn't this the screenplay writer's fault rather than the director? Steven Kloves wrote the screenplays for HP 1-4 and is writing HP6 'Half-Blood Prince'.

I for one would love to see Alfonso Cuarσn back for 'Deathly Hallows'!
Old 08-08-07, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I saw it last night. I did enjoy it especially Luna, Azkaban, Bellatrix and the final fight scene.