Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Harry Potter and the OotP International Trailer

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-07, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14KlsramMHg
Old 04-23-07, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Holy shit that looks great!

Fred & George FTW!

Dumbledore & Fawkes!

Voldemort in a suit!
Old 04-23-07, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't be fooled! The International Trailer for Goblet of Fire was freaking incredible and I thought the movie was extremely disappointing (in my opinion, of course). Fans of the books should keep their expectations in check (if they haven't figured that out four movies in already).
Old 04-23-07, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Looks cool.
Old 04-23-07, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Don't be fooled! The International Trailer for Goblet of Fire was freaking incredible and I thought the movie was extremely disappointing (in my opinion, of course). Fans of the books should keep their expectations in check (if they haven't figured that out four movies in already).
Exactly... And I know I shouldnt but Im still excited, but yeah the GOF movie pretty much taught me where to keep my expectations of the HP movies.
Old 04-23-07, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I was so utterly disappointed with PoA that I had already checked my expectations at the door for GoF and was happy with the result. OotP as a book already was so slow that I think it will do will with a lot of dead weight cut.
Old 04-23-07, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Maybe it's just me, but I though PoA was the best HP movie and GoF was a close second. The first two movies were nowhere near as good as those two.

That trailer was great, I especially like the shots of Harry over London on the way to the Ministry. It will be interesting to see more if there's more HP set in the "real world" in the final book.

"...Phoenix" was a tough (not in terms of reading level but... you get what I'm talking about) but rewarding read for me. It's obviously much darker than anything that came before (albeit not yet as dark as some of the stuff in HBP) and filled with sadism and obnoxious pettyness. Umbridge is such a well written and infuriating character that it almost makes the book hard to take. Having said that, the book definitely pushes the plot along and has a lot to say about "useful idiots", the abuse of authority and media vultures. Also, the final scenes in the Ministry as well as when Fred and George finally unleash hell are some of my favorite moments in the entire series. I still think it rates as one of the best HP books.

If they can manage to keep the Umbridge stuff compelling but pallitable, retain the plot points and keep everything tight (like PoA) it should make a great movie. Tough sell to the pre-teen set though. It will make a ton of money, but not a megaton.

Last edited by Hiro11; 04-23-07 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-23-07, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,657 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiro11

Maybe it's just me, but I though PoA was the best HP movie and GoF was a close second. The first two movies were nowhere near as good as those two.
It's not just you. Each movie has gotten better than the previous, and the most significant jump was between 2 and 3.

Ever since they got away from a literal depicition of the book onscreen and moved to creating interesting movies that stand on their own, I've enjoyed them more and more.

This trailer looks fucking awesome, and if even half of that stuff had ended up in the movie I would have been stoked. This completely blows the current trailer out of the water and I cannot not wait for what has the potential to be the best HP movie to date.
Old 04-23-07, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Draven
Ever since they got away from a literal depicition of the book onscreen and moved to creating interesting movies that stand on their own, I've enjoyed them more and more.
And this is what I didn't like about PoA. I'd been used to the literal transcription, for better or worse. Then the 3rd movie (which is my favorite book, btw) left out so much that I thought was important that I felt cheated. I've come to like it more since that first midnight screening. So going into the 4th, I was able to enjoy it for what it was and not what it wasn't and that's why I liked it so much and I'm expecting the same thing here.
Old 04-23-07, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"...Phoenix" was a tough (not in terms of reading level but... you get what I'm talking about) but rewarding read for me.
No doubt.

It's good to see some of the Fred & George stuff seems to have made it into the movie. That stuff was vital to the books since practically everything else was so unbelievably depressing.
Old 04-23-07, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Trailer looks looks good.
Old 04-23-07, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

That trailer was great, I especially like the shots of Harry over London on the way to the Ministry. It will be interesting to see more if there's more HP set in the "real world" in the final book.

"...Phoenix" was a tough (not in terms of reading level but... you get what I'm talking about) but rewarding read for me. It's obviously much darker than anything that came before (albeit not yet as dark as some of the stuff in HBP) and filled with sadism and obnoxious pettyness. Umbridge is such a well written and infuriating character that it almost makes the book hard to take. Having said that, the book definitely pushes the plot along and has a lot to say about "useful idiots", the abuse of authority and media vultures. Also, the final scenes in the Ministry as well as when Fred and George finally unleash hell are some of my favorite moments in the entire series. I still think it rates as one of the best HP books.

If they can manage to keep the Umbridge stuff compelling but pallitable, retain the plot points and keep everything tight (like PoA) it should make a great movie. Tough sell to the pre-teen set though. It will make a ton of money, but not a megaton.
I agree on all counts and go so far as to rank OotP as the best book to date, with PoA and HBP following. The trailer looks amazing and I'm really hoping the film is as well done as PoA.
Old 04-23-07, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think it looks awesome. I've always enjoyed the Potter films, but I'm not a rabid fan. GoF was great on the IMAX, so that's where I'll be seeing OotP. Especially since they just announced that some of it will be 3D.
Old 04-23-07, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

THESTRALS!
Holy cow, I can't wait. I'm one of the few people who loved Goblet of Fire, and I'm sure I'll love this one.

I hope they build up Sirius' character so I have something to cry about at the end.
Old 04-23-07, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Holy shit, looks sick!!
Old 04-23-07, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

This should be a "NO DUH!" moment for ANY film. Remember, the trailer is to draw you in. Of course it may misrepresent the film.
Old 04-24-07, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm not worried... not after seeing this:

A little scared, maybe...
Old 04-24-07, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

mllefoo, you might want to put a spoiler on that. Not a big deal.
Old 04-24-07, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Looks good to me!
Old 04-24-07, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mllefoo
I hope they build up Sirius' character so I have something to cry about at the end.
They certainly didn't for Cedric.. so I'd be surprised if they did this time.
Old 04-24-07, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree completely with you.

This was probably the best trailer for any of the films so I'm expecting to enjoy it.
Old 04-24-07, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks good, all of them have been great so far. I haven't read any of the books for comparison though.

All that witchcraft and no room for Jesus?
Old 04-24-07, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,657 Likes on 1,033 Posts
They certainly didn't for Cedric.. so I'd be surprised if they did this time.
Was Cedric really built up in the books? Haven't read GoF in awhile but I remember caring about him exactly as much in the movie as I did in the book (not much).
Old 04-24-07, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i agree. I dont care much for the harry potter movies. Never read the books but the movies have all seemed to have very similar plots. I cant stand Daniel Radcliffe , dont think hes a very good actor. I like the other 2 kids but i cant see Daniel Radcliffe becoming a movie star after Harry Potter flicks

Last edited by maingon; 04-24-07 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-24-07, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

is there a better quality one out there than youtube?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.