DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Universal Loves Those 'Little Fockers' (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/493435-universal-loves-those-little-fockers.html)

mrpayroll 02-23-07 12:26 PM

Universal Loves Those 'Little Fockers'

http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/za...,7985669.story

Producers want Stiller, DeNiro, Hoffman, Streisand, Danner and Polo back
February 23, 2007

The cast of 'Meet the Fockers'Universal is moving forward on plans to develop "Little Fockers," a sequel to the smash hit comedies "Meet the Parents" and "Meet the Fockers."

http://www.zap2it.com/media/photo/2007-02/28075013.jpg
The cast of 'Meet the Fockers'

According to Variety, the push on the "Fockers" sequel comes in the aftermath of the studio giving Robert DeNiro and Jan Rosenthal's Tribeca Prods. a two-year extension.

Jay Roach, director of the first two "Meet" films, is developing the plot for the third along with screenwriter Larry Stuckey.

Although co-star Teri Polo was telling reporters about the sequel weeks ago, it seems that no deals are necessarily in place, though the trade paper says that the plan is to bring back Polo, DeNiro, Ben Stiller and Blythe Danner, as well as "Fockers" co-stars Dustin Hoffman and Barbra Streisand, who helped push the sequel to a $515 worldwide gross, nearly $200 million more than the original.

No word on the exact plot of the third movie, though it's expected to involve a baby and lots of jokes about the name "Focker." Tee-hee. Focker.
I sure hope it's better than the 2nd one.

Chris

BravesMG 02-23-07 12:39 PM

I liked em both and I'm in for the third as long as they bring back Stiller and DeNiro.

Mr. Cinema 02-23-07 12:53 PM

Did anyone else think Teri Polo looked like she aged 10 years between the first and second films?

Vipper II 02-23-07 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Did anyone else think Teri Polo looked like she aged 10 years between the first and second films?

I'm sure that making that shitty sequel took its toll on her.

BravesMG 02-23-07 02:02 PM

It could have been that terrible haircut. That was a straight butcher job.

Brent_MN 02-23-07 02:53 PM

I want the Teri Polo that was cheating on her hubby to be with Ben in season 2 of "Felicity." She was a hottie.

Michael Corvin 02-23-07 02:57 PM

I loved Hoffman & Streisand. Hope they return.

Doughboy 02-23-07 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by bravesmg
It could have been that terrible haircut. That was a straight butcher job.

True. That was a dreadful look for her. What's odd is she did that I'm With Her sitcom the same year Meet the Fockers came out and looked great in that. I don't know what happened.

Hopefully they remember to make the 3rd film funny.

antennaball 02-23-07 03:58 PM

I'll go ahead and break from the mold here. I thought the second was better than the first, and I loved the first.

Can't wait for a third.

DRG 02-23-07 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by antennaball
I'll go ahead and break from the mold here. I thought the second was better than the first, and I loved the first.

I also thought the second one was great. I thought the original was good but a bit overrated... most of the funny scenes were in the trailer.

whoopdido 02-23-07 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
True. That was a dreadful look for her. What's odd is she did that I'm With Her sitcom the same year Meet the Fockers came out and looked great in that. I don't know what happened.

Hopefully they remember to make the 3rd film funny.

I'm pretty sure she was pregnant during the second movie. I'm not a doctor but sometimes pregnancy can sort of change the way a woman looks.

Giantrobo 02-23-07 06:04 PM

I liked both flicks. They were what they were and I got laughs out of them. I'll check out a third. :up:

Frankly, I would like a prequel with Jack during his CIA years...oh wait.... The Good Shepherd. :p

edited to add right film :p

Supermallet 02-23-07 08:29 PM

Why god, WHY!?

nateman 02-23-07 09:40 PM

Why god, WHY!?
Indeed. I hate how they call this comedy, cause it is some really unfunny stuff.

DeNiro & Streisand really scream comedy don't they -rolleyes-

EdTheRipper 02-23-07 09:50 PM

I love the first and thought the second was decent. I'd see a third.

calhoun07 02-24-07 09:19 AM

I am surprised to see this early support for this...who else thinks they are going to run this "franchise" into the ground?

Supermallet 02-24-07 01:29 PM

They already accomplished that, calhoun.

Michael Corvin 02-25-07 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by nateman241
DeNiro & Streisand really scream comedy don't they -rolleyes-

Umm... Streisand did a few comedies back in the day.

treszoks 02-25-07 10:13 AM

So this is going to have baby Fockers and grandpa and grandma Fockers.

dsa_shea 02-25-07 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by treszoks
So this is going to have baby Fockers and grandpa and grandma Fockers.

Really just a whole bunch of Fockers.

B.A. 02-25-07 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Why god, WHY!?

Post of the day.

Fok 02-26-07 12:58 AM

should be interesting

mndtrp 02-26-07 01:05 AM

This will be a rental, and only if I can't quickly find anything else to watch. The first one was pretty good, the second one was decent.

rexinnih 02-26-07 09:07 AM

Liked the first. Rented the second. This will most probably be a renter also.

Paul1957 06-27-10 10:11 PM

Re: Universal Loves Those 'Little Fockers'

<object width="450" height="302"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/23677"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/23677" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="302"></embed></object>

Groucho 06-27-10 10:21 PM

It's funny, you see, because "Fockers" sounds like "Fuckers". Get it?

Quack 06-27-10 10:37 PM

Where the hell is Dustin Hoffman?

JumpCutz 06-27-10 10:49 PM

That was painful. -ohbfrank-

My Other Self 06-27-10 11:23 PM

That was really just not funny. It's just more of the same. Also didn't know Jay Roach wasn't directing this one.

Where the hell is Dustin Hoffman?
He had the common sense to turn down the role.

DeanoBKN 06-27-10 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 10235959)
It's funny, you see, because "Fockers" sounds like "Fuckers". Get it?

That is seriously the only thing going for this series, and that joke ran out halfway through the first movie.

inri222 06-27-10 11:42 PM

Ordell Robbie (Samuel L. Jackson) to Louis Gara (Robert De Niro) from Jackie Brown :

What the fuck happened to you, man?
Shit, your ass used to be beautiful!

Yeti4623 06-28-10 02:21 AM

That doesn't look too good. Why do these movies take so long to come out?

Troy Stiffler 06-28-10 09:26 AM

I laughed when he cut his finger.

Paul Weitz movies are hit and miss. But I usually like them.

Groucho 06-28-10 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Yeti4623 (Post 10236162)
Why do these movies take so long to come out?

Based on the preview, the hold-up certainly wasn't in the writing.

Patman 06-28-10 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 10236036)
That was really just not funny. It's just more of the same. Also didn't know Jay Roach wasn't directing this one.

He had the common sense to turn down the role.

Too bad Babs didn't.

Hokeyboy 06-28-10 09:46 AM

I thought the original "Meet The Parents" was a fantastic comedy, one of my favorites from the past 15 years or so.

The sequel was absolutely abominable. Terminally unfunny, lazy, a cash-grab, a rehash, insulting, whatever you wanna call it. About as bad as sequels get, especially one for such a great first movie. So of course, it made a FORTUNE at the box office.

After watching the trailer for Part 3, I want to gouge my eyes out and saw my legs off. It seems the entire plot of this movie is seeing how far we can degrade and humiliate these characters in the name of "comedy". It's the epitome of shitty filmmaking. In lieu of actual humor, have the characters do something "shocking" or "outrageous" to keep the audience from falling asleep. I want to kick a pigeon.

raven56706 06-28-10 11:14 AM

(gets the saw for Hokeyboy)

kidding but yeah... these Fockers are so bad its not funny anymore

raven56706 06-28-10 12:09 PM

yo soy tu papa......

had me cracking up....

BJacks 06-28-10 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Yeti4623 (Post 10236162)
That doesn't look too good. Why do these movies take so long to come out?

Had to wait for everyone's schedule to free up, if I had to guess.

Dr Mabuse 06-28-10 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy (Post 10236451)
I thought the original "Meet The Parents" was a fantastic comedy, one of my favorites from the past 15 years or so.

The sequel was absolutely abominable. Terminally unfunny, lazy, a cash-grab, a rehash, insulting, whatever you wanna call it. About as bad as sequels get, especially one for such a great first movie. So of course, it made a FORTUNE at the box office.

I agree.

As for that third part though... you are certifiable.

Get it? Get it?? Certifiable?

30 minutes or less I brought the funnay!